00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc?

2,933 Views | 38 Replies

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 14:20:14

At 6/5/10 02:02 PM, Scarab wrote:
That reason being NOTHING'S HAPPENING.

Hmm, I find that soccer can be as interesting as other ballgames like basket ball. I won't deny that soccer games can be dull, but it is often fast paced with a lot of steals, nice passes and ever so often brilliant shots for the goal that take the best out of the keeper.

There are sports that are duller, like Golf, poker, billiards , cycling, races in general,...

Especially during a WC tournament some teams really bring out the best and show rather fancy actions.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 14:23:36

At 6/5/10 02:20 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: There are sports that are duller, like Golf, poker, billiards , cycling, races in general,...

Especially during a WC tournament some teams really bring out the best and show rather fancy actions.

I agree, friendly matches can become really boring sometimes if both countries clearly do not really care. But in a WC countries really try to show the best of themselves, so matches are usually quite interesting.

It also differs with style of play though. Countries that play defensively usually produce less interesting matches than countries that play very offensively.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 14:28:43

On a side note, I'm not really a football lover myself. But my dad used to go to his room install a small TV screen and get there with a tub of honey pops (lol, pops) to watch the game. I went in to ask stuff sometimes and when I caught a glimpse of the action, it could tie me to the screen for a while.

It gets fun when you take sides and you can get really worked up over it. Even better is going to the pub where they show these games and cheer with the other people over there. It can be a great atmosphere and be a superb night out. Especially as the chosen team wins and there is a celebration with free beer.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 14:59:30

The 1994 World Cup played out in many cities actually, not limited to the Silverdome in Michigan, Soldier Field in Chicago, The Rose Bowl in Pasedena, and even old Giants Stadium in New Jersey.

Don't believe me? Shame...

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 15:00:43

I wouldn't mind it being in the U.S.A. That way I could actually go see a few matches.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 15:04:23

It would be HI-LARIOUS if it was being hosted in Canada.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 15:45:46

Uh, the U.S. has hosted the World Cup already, and we did a pretty good job of it, too. Hosting it again would be awesome. And besides, it may be happening very slowly, but I do get the sense that the U.S. is starting to get more into soccer. And we're certainly paying a lot of attention to the World Cup. Not as much as other countries, but still.

...We're never going to stop calling it soccer, though.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 16:50:56

I don't know if it's that big of a deal that a lot of Americans aren't interested in the World Cup. There's still a very large number of people in the US that would love to have the World Cup here and would go to every game they possibly could. Also, there would be hundreds of thousands of people flying in from different countries to come fill up the stands, so I don't think attendance is much of a problem. Hell, I'd fly to South Africa if it didn't cost me a fortune.

So really I think there are plenty of Americans and dedicated foreign supporters out there to make a World Cup here successful. Plus America's automatic entry into the cup could give another team from this area a chance to shine.

Qatar 2018

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 18:48:54

At 6/5/10 12:45 PM, Ejit wrote:
At 6/5/10 12:43 PM, Ship wrote: Sadly, I don't think Qatar would have too much of a chance considering they are such a small market country and may not even be able to support hosting the WC.
Qatar is, I believe, the richest country in the world by GDP and PPP per capita.

As for Russia, the WC isn't about playing in extremes, it's not crazy golf :P

I believe the most wealthy country in the world is actually Macaco.
You HAVE to have atleast a net value of 50,000,000 to be granted permission to enter the land.

Also,
BELGIUM!