Be a Supporter!

The Icon Mod Crew

  • 151,057 Views
  • 4,138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Domo
Domo
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 9/21/10 10:50 PM, thenewbies wrote: You think you're slacking? I could have been level 30 by now.

You think your slacking. I could have an extra 70 experience but I missed some days. Im such a slacker.

At 9/21/10 10:40 PM, Donut wrote: Truthfully, 20 is shit. It's rusty and ugly.

And there gos my hopes and dreams.

Why does everyone hate level 20 its da bomb diggity.


BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 11:56 PM Reply

At 9/21/10 11:31 PM, Domo wrote: Why does everyone hate level 20 its da bomb diggity.

I've missed like, 435 days.

DAMN!

Domo
Domo
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 03:26 AM Reply

Since were on this deposit topic I checked NGlogs to see how many days esome people missed.

Domo missed 16 days of depositing
Jolly missed 404 days of depositing
thenewbies missed 795 days of depositing
ColecoVision missed 778 days of depositing
aprime missed 762 days of depositing
Sectus missed 722 days of depositing

Luis missed 3801 days of depositing

I wished I joined NG sooner cause with my almost perfect depositing I think I would be close to the 30s.


BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:25 AM Reply

I'm just going to throw it out there..

IF TOM OR SOMEBODY SENT ME A MAC OF ANY TYPE I WOULD BE ABLE TO DO A LOT OF ICONS.

HINT HINT HINT

TheLavaMuffin
TheLavaMuffin
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 07:54 AM Reply

I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d


Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:31 PM Reply

I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

At 9/22/10 07:54 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d

You may begin NOW! It's past 11AM EST, thus the FAQ page has updated the mod info.

May I brag about my awesome deposit rate?

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

Yeah that looks cool. I remember Tom making a thread about it, and I even applied to join but unfortunately I didn't get a response. I don't know if you're still recruiting people, but if you are, then I would love to join the team. I'm leaving this here because I know that Tom reads this thread every now and then :)

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 12:44 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Yeah that looks cool. I remember Tom making a thread about it, and I even applied to join but unfortunately I didn't get a response. I don't know if you're still recruiting people, but if you are, then I would love to join the team. I'm leaving this here because I know that Tom reads this thread every now and then :)

We could do with more recruitments for the genre mod team. I don't know if he'll come back into contact with those who sent applications last year but it won't hurt to ask them to see if they're interested now. I can't remember you stating you applied to become a genre mod but I really hope I see you there soon.

As a matter of fact, the main reason why I became an icon mod was because of my genre mod duties. I felt I would make things much easier by taking care of genres, tags and icons all at once. I didn't need to think twice about the icon mod position as it was an obvious yes to me when Tom offered all the genre mods to become icon mods.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 07:54 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d

I thought it would be on the list already.

At 9/22/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

That sounds pretty cool. I might post there some.

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:25 PM Reply

The Genre Mod Crew looks awesome. I'm checking it out.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote: Since were on this deposit topic I checked NGlogs to see how many days esome people missed.

Domo missed 16 days of depositing
Jolly missed 404 days of depositing

thenewbies missed 795 days of depositing

ColecoVision missed 778 days of depositing
aprime missed 762 days of depositing
Sectus missed 722 days of depositing

I win. Over two years of missed votes.

At 9/22/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

Interesting. If I wanted to contribute, would I just post in the thread or what? this are confus

At 9/22/10 07:54 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d

You should probably be in the list now, so get to m00d and register.

After piano, homework and masturbation, ICONNIN'.


BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:45 PM Reply

I finally completed an artist the other day. It's really hard with my college schedule and everything, but I have a simple goal of about 10 icons a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot with people doing hundreds in a day, but I'm a strong believer in every little bit helps.

Also, What you missed: If you deposited every day, you would have 23550 EXP and you would be Level 47.
Missed Deposits: 1,122


BBS Signature
CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Just did my first two icons with ScreenHunter, IceBites. It only took half the time. This thing. Is legendary.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:10 PM Reply

Hopefully we can all help out by fixing genre information as well. Thanks for telling us, Bahamut!

At 9/22/10 05:06 PM, thenewbies wrote: And because most icon mods are doing their job to kill time

(written here)

I'm not doing it to kill time--I actually try to set aside time to do my icon mod duties. I do it to help the site and all the flash authors who don't have the time to make their own icons.

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

It would really be cool to help out with genres AND icons. I already posted my interest at the topic, and I'm hoping Tom will get back to us soon about it.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 04:45 PM, Fro wrote: I finally completed an artist the other day. It's really hard with my college schedule and everything, but I have a simple goal of about 10 icons a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot with people doing hundreds in a day, but I'm a strong believer in every little bit helps.

There is nothing wrong with that Fro. Cause really think about it guys if we got every icon mod to make 10 icons a day, there are 58 icon mods. Which would make in about 10 days would make 5,800 icons done. You know how much we would make in about a month? Somewhere around 17,000 icons. If we all were willing to make at least 10 - 20 icons a day are jobs could be finished within in a matter of weeks.


BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:09 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: ScreenHunter. This thing. Is legendary.

I KNOW RIGHT. You should give your babies to whomever suggested you that piece of software.

At 9/22/10 05:10 PM, Archawn wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:06 PM, thenewbies wrote: And because most icon mods are doing their job to kill time
I'm not doing it to kill time--I actually try to set aside time to do my icon mod duties. I do it to help the site and all the flash authors who don't have the time to make their own icons.

Well, you get what I mean. Making icons means less time +1'ing, and more time for the benefit of the site. I want to help as well. As mentioned many times, by also helping sort genres, it's two birds, one cu- I mean stone.


BBS Signature
CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:41 PM Reply

I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

BTW Jolly, you get all my babies. :P

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Coleco
Coleco
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote:
Domo missed 16 days of depositing

Well aren't you cool?

Martin
Martin
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:45 PM, ColecoVision wrote:
At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote:
Domo missed 16 days of depositing
Well aren't you cool?

I only missed 6 days. Does that make me cooler?

Domo
Domo
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:41 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

BTW Jolly, you get all my babies. :P

Its that easy? I thought Tom has to pick you?


BBS Signature
CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:54 PM Reply

I'm not a Genre mod, (yet), but Rabid-Animals told me to PM Tom. Hopefully he will get back to you.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:54 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I'm not a Genre mod, (yet), but Rabid-Animals told me to PM Tom. Hopefully he will get back to you.

I didn't send a PM to Tom I thought he sends one to you. Im still fuzzy on the whole genre mod thing. Maybe later I might idk.


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:53 PM, Domo wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:41 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

BTW Jolly, you get all my babies. :P
Its that easy? I thought Tom has to pick you?

I think if you're an icon mod already, you can just sign up for it without any problems. It's quite a similar job and it can easily be combined with icon modding.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:11 PM Reply

Poor Tom. He's probably getting a buttload of PMs just for genre modship. Damn dude.


Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Rabid-Animals
Rabid-Animals
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 06:11 PM, EJR wrote: Poor Tom. He's probably getting a buttload of PMs just for genre modship. Damn dude.

Poor Tom. He's getting a bunch of PMs from enthusiastic youths willing to do grunt work and filing for free. Damn dude.

AND I WAS ONE LOL

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 06:00 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:53 PM, Domo wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:41 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

BTW Jolly, you get all my babies. :P
Its that easy? I thought Tom has to pick you?
I think if you're an icon mod already, you can just sign up for it without any problems. It's quite a similar job and it can easily be combined with icon modding.

Thats cool. I might someday I just don't know what to say. And aren't these possessions not permanent? Once all the genres are done doesn't that mean all genre mods will be demoded and there will be no genre mods.


BBS Signature
Coleco
Coleco
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:53 PM, WeirdAlthe3rd wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:45 PM, ColecoVision wrote:
At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote:
Domo missed 16 days of depositing
Well aren't you cool?
I only missed 6 days. Does that make me cooler?

Yes, yes it does.

ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 06:57 PM, Domo wrote: Once all the genres are done doesn't that mean all genre mods will be demoded and there will be no genre mods.

Genre mods don't only update submissions, they also can set up the ratings properly. There are plenty of submissions that are rated suitable for everyone, but they mentions a few bad words and have some violence in them. It's also a job for the genre mods rating them properly, but for now, we only focus on submissions without specific genres.

I think there won't be so many genre mods like the enormous icon mod team. Genre modding is easier and faster than creating and uploading icons, so that's why I don't think there will be many genre mods :/


BBS Signature
Sh0T-D0wN
Sh0T-D0wN
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 04:45 PM, Fro wrote: I finally completed an artist the other day. It's really hard with my college schedule and everything, but I have a simple goal of about 10 icons a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot with people doing hundreds in a day, but I'm a strong believer in every little bit helps.

This.

I've been periodically lurking ITT and doing icons in sets of 5 or 10 or so every now and again since the semester started, mainly to break up compiling my projects and study sessions when I'm at my computer. It's not much, but it's a trickle of progress.

Also welcome to the new mods since the last time I posted this same sentence, etc.

Back to work~

BBS Signature