00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Icon Mod Crew

283,345 Views | 3,351 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 06:23:34

Same... It sounds fun and goes with qwhat we already do. Also, I am sorry for taking xenonmonkey jolly

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 06:39:23

At 9/23/10 06:23 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: Same... It sounds fun and goes with qwhat we already do.

Yeah, I'm going through all of the users I've done icons for and making sure they all have genres. If not, I'm doing them. I've done approx. 47 flash already.

I really like finding the genres, it's a lot easier than doing icons, and I can do it on my laptop too. I hope I become a genre mod soon, if I do become one, I'll be much more motivated to do them.

At 9/23/10 06:23 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: Same... It sounds fun and goes with qwhat we already do. Also, I am sorry for taking xenonmonkey jolly

It's okay. I just got Halo Reach, so most of my free time is going into it. What isn't going into Halo Reach is going into posting on the BBS and finding Genre's for flash.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 06:51:47

:I just hope that I can stay icon mod. I enjoy this job and have a lot of enthusiasm. As I said I will make 200 icons today. I need to start with the lists I have. I think I have around 30 with me, I need to claim the others.

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 06:59:30

At 9/23/10 06:51 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote:
I just hope that I can stay icon mod. I enjoy this job and have a lot of enthusiasm. As I said I will make 200 icons today. I need to start with the lists I have. I think I have around 30 with me, I need to claim the others.

Good luck, it's going to be a hard day for you.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 07:11:49

Not really, I want to do it because I again feel like I don't get enough done. I want these to be done soon so we can get in those redesigned pages. That and I have a shit load of time, so no worries. I am so active on here now its not funny. Not as much for the bbs but for icons and for b/p and depositing.

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 13:53:30

At 9/22/10 06:57 PM, Domo wrote:
At 9/22/10 06:00 PM, Auz wrote: I think if you're an icon mod already, you can just sign up for it without any problems. It's quite a similar job and it can easily be combined with icon modding.
Thats cool. I might someday I just don't know what to say. And aren't these possessions not permanent? Once all the genres are done doesn't that mean all genre mods will be demoded and there will be no genre mods.

I don't know what Toms plans are with us, but we've already been around for about a year and there's still a lot that needs to be done. Whether we get demodded or not is of later concern I'd say.

At 9/22/10 10:53 PM, TheLavaMuffin wrote:
At 9/22/10 10:34 PM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: Listen up BITCHES!!! I am going to make 200 icons tomorrow!

That's the spirit!

At 9/23/10 01:08 AM, Jolly wrote: I would like too be a genre mod. I think it would be pretty cool. I don't want to PM Tom about it though, because I'm sure he's getting enough messages as it is.

Well it's sort of part of his daily job to read through his messages and I'm sure he'll appreciate you wanting to help out with the genres. So if you wanna help out, just message him.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 15:48:22

At 9/23/10 07:11 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: Not really, I want to do it because I again feel like I don't get enough done. I want these to be done soon so we can get in those redesigned pages. That and I have a shit load of time, so no worries. I am so active on here now its not funny. Not as much for the bbs but for icons and for b/p and depositing.

I really need to do more icons. I'm going to start doing icons over the weekend, when I'm not playing Halo Reach. I only have 200 icons, I need at least 500 by now.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 23:11:24

What's with the lack of post here?

Anyways, how long has DigitalMusician been an icon mod? I don't have him on the Golden Aura List + I hadn't clicked his name.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 17:34:14

I guess I'm not going to end up being Genre Modded. Oh, well... I guess we can't all be Genriconmods like EJR...

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 18:07:56

At 9/24/10 05:34 PM, Archawn wrote: I guess I'm not going to end up being Genre Modded. Oh, well... I guess we can't all be Genriconmods like EJR...

Try emailing Tom. If he doesn't respond, wait a week and try again.

I'm in the wait a week phase.

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 18:33:13

At 9/24/10 06:22 PM, EJR wrote: Tom responded to me in about 15-20 minutes.. Don't exactly remember though.

............................ B]

Lucky ducky.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 20:28:50

Everyone is trying to be a genre mod. I think its a sweet title but being just an icon mod is fine.

Are the genre mods going to get there own spot in the FAQ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 20:31:41

At 9/24/10 08:28 PM, Domo wrote: Everyone is trying to be a genre mod. I think its a sweet title but being just an icon mod is fine.

Are the genre mods going to get there own spot in the FAQ?

I think they are. Anyway, I'm helping out over there a little bit, just trying to build up my resume for Mr. Fulp. :P I'm still doing my icons, though,

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 21:44:48

At 9/24/10 06:22 PM, EJR wrote: Tom responded to me in about 15-20 minutes.. Don't exactly remember though.

Why does he have to prefer the cool people?

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 21:47:06

At 9/24/10 09:44 PM, thenewbies wrote:

Why does he have to prefer the cool people?

Cause no one can be like EJR

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-24 22:00:34

Genre mods? Hmm. I could try signing up for that, but I am pretty sure Mr. Fulp is busy 24/7.

Now time to go back to my mod duties and make some icons.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 08:37:19

Making some icons as we speak.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 15:00:29

This club has been in active for a while.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 16:06:13

At 9/26/10 03:00 PM, Domo wrote: This club has been in active for a while.

Yes it has.

POST MOAR.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 16:30:13

Everyone is at school, work or whatever, plus there is hardly any discussionable topics that we can bring up all the time, though we can always make lists of artists without icons which I might do sometime this week.

It would be great if we all started doing that, it cuts out the middleman (sort of).

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 17:26:57

Yeah, that would really help us get this done.

In other news, I am helping ItsRangasLife become an Icon Mod. The Icons he has made are actually very good, and he would be an excellent asset to the team.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 17:37:08

At 9/26/10 03:00 PM, Domo wrote: This club has been in active for a while.

I've been extremely busy with school, clubs, and friends lately to do much of anything. I squeeze in some icons when I can, but that leaves almost no time to post here.

At 9/26/10 04:30 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Everyone is at school, work or whatever, plus there is hardly any discussionable topics that we can bring up all the time, though we can always make lists of artists without icons which I might do sometime this week.

It would be great if we all started doing that, it cuts out the middleman (sort of).

...That's exactly why we asked Citricsquid to make the m00d.net service for us. We didn't want to sift through lists of users and deal with the confusing DIBS system.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 17:38:22

At 9/26/10 05:26 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: Yeah, that would really help us get this done.

In other news, I am helping ItsRangasLife become an Icon Mod. The Icons he has made are actually very good, and he would be an excellent asset to the team.

Cool. Right now im helping Decky. He seems he would be great member to the team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 17:55:07

At 9/26/10 05:37 PM, Archawn wrote: ...That's exactly why we asked Citricsquid to make the m00d.net service for us. We didn't want to sift through lists of users and deal with the confusing DIBS system.

Not many people use that system anymore, that's the thing, it's been oblivious that many people like to just look for themselves, so why not look for yourself, make up a list of artists that you might think others will be interested in, and go on from there?

We've done it a few times but if everyone started doing it, I think we'd get through much faster.

But hey, don't do it if you don't want to, only a suggestion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-26 18:17:53

At 9/26/10 06:15 PM, citricsquid wrote: if you think of any way that I could improve the system, feel free, no guarantees but I could probably make it better.

This doesn't work.
"if after 72 hours the icons are still not completed they will be released back into the wild for anyone else to claim."

Just checked the site for the first time in like, a week, and I still have xenonmonkey claimed.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-27 10:56:33

At 9/26/10 06:15 PM, citricsquid wrote: if you think of any way that I could improve the system, feel free, no guarantees but I could probably make it better.

While you're here asking for anything about the site, could you take TheStarSyndicate off the icon mods site? I did send you a PM a while ago announcing the completion of their icons but didn't hear back. All their icons are done and they should be off the site forever!

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-27 11:02:24

I've already asked you this some time ago: Could you add some sort of progress bar so that we can see how far we are?

I think it would be interesting to see for us. If it's too much trouble to add then nevermind.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-27 16:48:33

At 9/26/10 05:55 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Not many people use that system anymore, that's the thing, it's been oblivious that many people like to just look for themselves, so why not look for yourself, make up a list of artists that you might think others will be interested in, and go on from there?

Well, I use that website whenever I am going to make new icons.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-27 19:42:34

I agree with you, guys. It would be a lot easier if we had a bar showing our progress.

Also, don't you guys love it when a flash you made the icon for gets a Daily Feature? It just looks cool seeing it in P-Bot's post.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-27 20:12:58

At 9/27/10 08:00 PM, EJR wrote:
At 9/27/10 07:42 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I agree with you, guys. It would be a lot easier if we had a bar showing our progress.
I don't think it'd be easier. It'd just make me more motivated.

Then citricsquid could artificially lower it to make us think we're not making any progress.

BBS Signature