New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:14:44 Reply

At 8/22/10 04:38 PM, Kevin wrote: We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

Still it seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to just take our power away.

[BBS Rules] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:21:41 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:14 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/22/10 04:38 PM, Kevin wrote: We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

Its simple math

Get redesign and lose icon mod powers > keep old design and keep icon mod powers

Im going to miss being an icon mod but at least I could say I helped make this happen.

BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:51:12 Reply

I'm going to miss you guys.

Godspeed.

Sig by BlooHippoe.

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:59:47 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:14 PM, Sectus wrote:

This site is free.
Free
Free

If you only wanted to be made an icon mod just so you could become a higher level mod, that wasn't a good decision. We're not guaranteed any kind of reward like higher modship, but those lucky enough may get it.

We may get something like a thanks in the wiki or something, but other than that don't expect much because there's not much they can give.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 18:07:00 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:59 PM, EJR wrote: We may get something like a thanks in the wiki or something, but other than that don't expect much because there's not much they can give.

Yeah, Tom has stated he would like to make a wiki giving credit to those who helped out with making icons. I can't see why not and I'll be happy to see a wiki saying who helped out with the new icon format. However, even if that doesn't work out, I've had a really good time watching loads of flashes I never even watched before.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 18:36:27 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:59 PM, EJR wrote: If you only wanted to be made an icon mod just so you could become a higher level mod, that wasn't a good decision. We're not guaranteed any kind of reward like higher modship, but those lucky enough may get it.

Uh thats kind of my fault. I told him how Auz was icon modded then bbs modded a little later and I think I gave him the wrong idea. Sectus most of us are only going to get a tiny taste of what being a mod was like when some like Auz, Bahamut, rev, EJR, and some others. They are the ones who are going to be climbing the ranks. We are going to be icon mods and then users in the future. But EJR is right becoming an icon mod just to become a better mod isn't going to work. Were 14 so we wont get a better mod stats for a few more years. Just enjoy your time as an icon mod.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 19:46:56 Reply

At 8/22/10 06:36 PM, Domo wrote: Uh thats kind of my fault. I told him how Auz was icon modded then bbs modded a little later and I think I gave him the wrong idea. Sectus most of us are only going to get a tiny taste of what being a mod was like when some like Auz, Bahamut, rev, EJR, and some others. They are the ones who are going to be climbing the ranks. We are going to be icon mods and then users in the future. But EJR is right becoming an icon mod just to become a better mod isn't going to work. Were 14 so we wont get a better mod stats for a few more years. Just enjoy your time as an icon mod.

Sigh. Well I guess I'll try and get the best out of it and wait to see the ultimate result. Though I'm sure that after a few years we ALL will be rewarded for our dedication to the NG team.

[BBS Rules] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 19:50:19 Reply

At 8/22/10 06:36 PM, Domo wrote:
At 8/22/10 05:59 PM, EJR wrote: If you only wanted to be made an icon mod just so you could become a higher level mod, that wasn't a good decision. We're not guaranteed any kind of reward like higher modship, but those lucky enough may get it.
Uh thats kind of my fault. I told him how Auz was icon modded then bbs modded a little later and I think I gave him the wrong idea.

Idk man. I think Auz was already planned to be made a forum mod before he asked to be icon modded. I can't really speak for him, but I don't think it was because he was already an icon mod.

BBS Signature
ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:07:57 Reply

At 8/22/10 07:50 PM, EJR wrote: Idk man. I think Auz was already planned to be made a forum mod before he asked to be icon modded. I can't really speak for him, but I don't think it was because he was already an icon mod.

This. It was just a coincidence that he became a forum moderator after a few days he got icon modded, too. Becoming a forum, review, audio and art moderator is a decision that make the administrators and the moderation team.

As I've already said, most of us will get demodded and I accepted this job even if I was aware that I may lost it after the duty is done. But I'm pretty sure most of us won't care losing our modships since our usernames will appear in a wikipage and the redesign will be here due to us.

As for me, I won't start going to uni until next year, so I have a lot of free time. I plan to study medicine and I already know it consumes most of the time, but I will still have enough time to spend here since I don't have to stay in uni even if the classes have ended. I can go back at home.

Speaking about icons, rev and I are just about to finish making the icons from 123bee. I just managed to do around 80 while he did almost the whole thing. There were 404 icons in total. Another victory for the icons mods.

And bad news guys, Afro_Stud is changing all of the icons we've made for him. We should have PM'd him before. All our efforts for nothing, but meh. I made more than 50 icons in less than 15 minutes.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:16:49 Reply

You guys are actually lucky to be given such responsibilities at a very young age. I don't think I would have fitted the role at the age of 14 considering how immature I was back then, especially when I was getting trolled by the Star Syndicate.

Yet I'm making icons for them right now.
At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: This. It was just a coincidence that he became a forum moderator after a few days he got icon modded, too. Becoming a forum, review, audio and art moderator is a decision that make the administrators and the moderation team.

Obviously I know nothing from over there but I asked Auz if he was interesting in being an icon mod. I thought he would have applied right away so I asked him and wondered why he didn't consider the role. I'm still happy I got him to apply for icon modship and help out with making icons.

Formerly Bahamut

Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:49:55 Reply

At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: As I've already said, most of us will get demodded and I accepted this job even if I was aware that I may lost it after the duty is done. But I'm pretty sure most of us won't care losing our modships since our usernames will appear in a wikipage and the redesign will be here due to us.

Yeah im going to be happy he gives credit to us for all the work we have done. Im going to miss being an icon mod I just thought we were all going to stay as mods since there are so many new mods coming with the redesign I thought we might just all get a different modship and not all stay as icon mods.

At 8/22/10 08:16 PM, Bahamut wrote: You guys are actually lucky to be given such responsibilities at a very young age. I don't think I would have fitted the role at the age of 14 considering how immature I was back then, especially when I was getting trolled by the Star Syndicate.

Im very grateful. you don't see a 14 year old mods a lot unless its icons. The only under age mod I know of is the 12 year old forum mod and I think he only got the modship for not telling his real age. But being an icon mod is still great enough for me.

Also what happens if you claim a user on the icon mod site and another icon mod still does the icons is there some kind of punishment.

BBS Signature
Rabid-Animals
Rabid-Animals
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:53:14 Reply

At 8/22/10 08:49 PM, Domo wrote: Also what happens if you claim a user on the icon mod site and another icon mod still does the icons is there some kind of punishment.

No, it's not even that big of a deal.

In other news, these "OMG OUR FUTURE AS MODS IS JEOPARDIZED" conversations are happening quite often. Can we just chill out and see what happens? I'll have to get out the stick if I hear one more person whine about getting demodded.

Also school starts for me tomorrow. Trolled by the school system.

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:56:28 Reply

At 8/22/10 08:53 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: I'll have to get out the stick if I hear one more person whine about getting demodded.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

plz stop guys.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 21:28:43 Reply

At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Speaking about icons, rev and I are just about to finish making the icons from 123bee. I just managed to do around 80 while he did almost the whole thing. There were 404 icons in total. Another victory for the icons mods.

Thank you good sir, from my count I made 300 exactly so you must have made 102 and there are only 402 total. It really didn't take as long as I thought; just a weekend. :)

123bee is defeated!

The Icon Mod Crew

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 22:05:04 Reply

I do not care if I lose my Moderating Powers, I will remain dedicated to Newgrounds no matter what level of power I have. I love this site, and I always will, I plan to stick with the site for a long time.

BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 22:07:19 Reply

At 8/22/10 09:28 PM, reverend wrote: 123bee is defeated!

Give this man a fucking medal.

Sig by BlooHippoe.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 04:39:38 Reply

At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:
At 8/22/10 07:50 PM, EJR wrote: Idk man. I think Auz was already planned to be made a forum mod before he asked to be icon modded. I can't really speak for him, but I don't think it was because he was already an icon mod.
This. It was just a coincidence that he became a forum moderator after a few days he got icon modded, too.

Yes, I think it was just a coincidence. I got forum modded only a week later, so the admins must've already had me in their scope. I don't think me applying for icon mod really had such a major influence on their decision.

To be honest though, I do not know that much about it. I can only guess what went through the minds of the admins when they invited me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 22 February 2015)

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 09:05:48 Reply

At 8/22/10 09:28 PM, reverend wrote: 123bee is defeated!

Wow, just wow. That wasn't an easy task at all but I'm glad you and ThePigeonMaster pulled it off! Heh, I've only done 17 icons for the SS so far but I'll be sure to go all out on them once I'm done with Clock Day submissions.

Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 12:48:54 Reply

One other thing I forgot to mention was regarding Afro_Stud's icons. To be honest, I had a feeling he was going to change the icons himself at some point. Although I stopped talking to him months ago, I knew he wanted the new icons to reflect the old ones he had which is why he's replacing all 349 icons he was given. One flash author was bound to be unhappy with their icons.

In other news, I've made 2,000 icons!

Formerly Bahamut

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 17:04:59 Reply

At 8/23/10 12:48 PM, Bahamut wrote: In other news, I've made 2,000 icons!

Good job! I've made 77....is that good in a period of 2 days...?

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 17:31:33 Reply

At 8/23/10 05:04 PM, Sectus wrote:

38.5 per day, if my mental math is right. That's really good. Compared to my 8.9 per day. I'm lazy, I guess. Reverend got modded after me, and he already has around 10 times what I've made, I think.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 17:47:39 Reply

At 8/23/10 05:31 PM, thenewbies wrote:
38.5 per day, if my mental math is right. That's really good. Compared to my 8.9 per day. I'm lazy, I guess. Reverend got modded after me, and he already has around 10 times what I've made, I think.

Yeah. For me it's harder because I have to put out a larger amount during the weekends to make up for the 2 weeks I can't produce.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 18:14:40 Reply

At 8/23/10 04:39 AM, Auz wrote: To be honest though, I do not know that much about it. I can only guess what went through the minds of the admins when they invited me.

'cause you're Auzsome!

At 8/23/10 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Wow, just wow. That wasn't an easy task at all but I'm glad you and ThePigeonMaster pulled it off! Heh, I've only done 17 icons for the SS so far but I'll be sure to go all out on them once I'm done with Clock Day submissions.

Mind-numbing, but I had the weekend free and thought might as well and TPM was a major relief as well. I still think the SS would be worse than 123XXXX; at least they are a legitimate company and the SS you never know what you'll get from them. Regardless, knock them out Bahamut!

In other news, I've made 2,000 icons!

Nice!

At 8/23/10 05:31 PM, thenewbies wrote: 38.5 per day, if my mental math is right. That's really good. Compared to my 8.9 per day. I'm lazy, I guess. Reverend got modded after me, and he already has around 10 times what I've made, I think.

As of yesterday, I have made about 1,500, but that's really irrelevant. Everybody's pace is going to be different so the only things that really matter is the goals you set yourselves. If you set a goal for yourself of 20 icons per day then go for it and try to reach it. ;)

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 19:53:23 Reply

ALL flashes found in Clock Day pages 2005 - 2009 are all done! I made the final push tonight to update everything in the remaining pages in 2009 and I'm really happy to know that I've got those pages out of the way. Now to get through the Star Syndicate.

That's a fine pace. It doesn't matter if you can't do over a hundred in a single day. Regardless of pace (unless you're barely making any icons, lol), you're still doing a great deal for the site. :)

At 8/23/10 06:14 PM, reverend wrote: 'cause you're Auzsome!

Auzsome, eh?

At 8/23/10 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Wow, just wow. That wasn't an easy task at all but I'm glad you and ThePigeonMaster pulled it off! Heh, I've only done 17 icons for the SS so far but I'll be sure to go all out on them once I'm done with Clock Day submissions.
Mind-numbing, but I had the weekend free and thought might as well and TPM was a major relief as well. I still think the SS would be worse than 123XXXX; at least they are a legitimate company and the SS you never know what you'll get from them. Regardless, knock them out Bahamut!

From what I've seen from 123bee, there is absolutely nothing appealing from the flashes. Just generic as fuck. At least the SS have decent submissions such as this one:

Formerly Bahamut

ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 20:03:01 Reply

At 8/23/10 07:53 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/23/10 06:14 PM, reverend wrote: 'cause you're Auzsome!
Auzsome, eh?

lol, Auzome.
Nice one revergrand!

From what I've seen from 123bee, there is absolutely nothing appealing from the flashes. Just generic as fuck. At least the SS have decent submissions such as this one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/26 7807

I just love when a crew makes an awesome flash. Telling to us that besides all of that spam flash they do, there's talent after all.
I remember watching this flash movie by the SS about the ex-moderator Ozcar. I just found it funny just like Ozcar:

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 20:28:18 Reply

At 8/23/10 08:03 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: I remember watching this flash movie by the SS about the ex-moderator Ozcar. I just found it funny just like Ozcar:

I actually remember Ozcar somehow. I must have seen before I activated an account here or something.

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-24 00:01:09 Reply

At 8/23/10 08:28 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/23/10 08:03 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: I remember watching this flash movie by the SS about the ex-moderator Ozcar. I just found it funny just like Ozcar:
I actually remember Ozcar somehow. I must have seen before I activated an account here or something.

He's still active.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-24 02:33:08 Reply

I finally did it. Even if I'm quite slow, I still managed to get my 1000th icon in less than 2 months.
And I just wanted to make my 1000th icon for a flash that I just love so much:

You should watch it if you haven't, it's funny as hell.

At 8/24/10 12:01 AM, Donut wrote: He's still active.

But not as he used to be, back before this year. It's a shame he isn't that active anymore, he was one of my favorite moderators around.

BBS Signature
Martin
Martin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-24 03:08:16 Reply

Can someone make an icon for this? because his stupid game keeps freezing up on me.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-24 10:50:00 Reply

I never saw that one back in the day but I saw it last night and got a laugh from it. I know the same guy made a flash making fun of Wade and his "OH SNAP!" pictures of insects:

At 8/24/10 02:33 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:

I finally did it. Even if I'm quite slow, I still managed to get my 1000th icon in less than 2 months.

I want to give you a congrats for reaching the 1k milestone. For someone who's probably more enthusiastic about making icons than I am, this is definitely cool. :)

Formerly Bahamut