New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 16:27:01 Reply

At 8/21/10 03:37 PM, Goonie wrote: After working On and Off of these icons. So far, I have posted over 200 icons images and going....

Yeah, it's been like 2 days and I've already finished 2 user's entire stock of Icon-Less flashes.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 16:29:43 Reply

Been slacking these past few days on account of University things like campus accommodation and student finances, so I'll have to make up for this tomorrow. Not now though, got work till 3am.

fml

Is everyone in America back at school yet? It occurred to me earlier that I haven't a clue when your summer break ends and begins.

BBS Signature
Martin
Martin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 16:37:19 Reply

At 8/21/10 04:29 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Is everyone in America back at school yet? It occurred to me earlier that I haven't a clue when your summer break ends and begins.

I'm not. I don't go back to school until September.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 17:08:03 Reply

At 8/21/10 04:29 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Is everyone in America back at school yet? It occurred to me earlier that I haven't a clue when your summer break ends and begins.

I go back on Wednesday.

BBS Signature
ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 17:49:50 Reply

At 8/21/10 04:37 PM, WeirdAlthe3rd wrote: I'm not. I don't go back to school until September.

I don't go back until... February... Or maybe July of the next day :P
I got rejected unfairly in medicine school but I may enter in February or next year.
High school is now history to me.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 18:31:09 Reply

At 8/21/10 05:49 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: I don't go back until... February... Or maybe July of the next day :P

Oh you suck! I had to go back in August.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 18:35:53 Reply

At 8/21/10 06:31 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/21/10 05:49 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: I don't go back until... February... Or maybe July of the next day :P
Oh you suck! I had to go back in August.

Hes not in 8th grade like us.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 21:56:22 Reply

While some of you are going back to school, the work I'm starting in September taking care of office duties is based in a school. That doesn't mean I won't have time to make icons at all since I'll finish at 3:30PM/4PM each day, thus giving me roughly 6 hours of icon modding or however long I feel like watching flashes for one day.

This does mean the only time I can go through 100+ flashes in a single day is Sundays so in the future, the insane work like I've done with the Clock Day pages will only occur then.
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-21 23:21:03 Reply

Alright guys. Just finished my third user's Icon Collection, leaving me with 77 Icons done.

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 01:58:35 Reply

Fuck. I haven't touched an icon in at least a week.
I feel like im neglecting my job on here. if only i had time and wasn't a born slacker.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 03:30:56 Reply

At 8/22/10 01:58 AM, Donut wrote: Fuck. I haven't touched an icon in at least a week.
I feel like im neglecting my job on here. if only i had time and wasn't a born slacker.

School is really throwing me off with icons cause im always so drained and have to much homework. Is might fault for being white and taking Spanish. I still like to get a few icons done here and there.

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 11:11:54 Reply

School starts in a week or two for me. Though I'm supposed to go to the "orientation" day that comes on the 27th.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 11:22:58 Reply

At 8/21/10 09:56 PM, Bahamut wrote: While some of you are going back to school, the work I'm starting in September taking care of office duties is based in a school. That doesn't mean I won't have time to make icons at all since I'll finish at 3:30PM/4PM each day, thus giving me roughly 6 hours of icon modding or however long I feel like watching flashes for one day.

This does mean the only time I can go through 100+ flashes in a single day is Sundays so in the future, the insane work like I've done with the Clock Day pages will only occur then.

Uni's starting on the 30th for me, but I'm gonna do a minor and I believe they always have a relaxing schedule for those. I might actually end up having more time for myself after the summer holiday than during, cause I think my friends and gf will be much busier with their studies than me.

So heh, maybe I'll pick up the pace for icon modding a bit and try to get closer to 1,000 icons.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2015)

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 13:11:21 Reply

At 8/22/10 03:30 AM, Domo wrote:
At 8/22/10 01:58 AM, Donut wrote: Fuck. I haven't touched an icon in at least a week.
School is really throwing me off with icons cause im always so drained and have to much homework. Is might fault for being white and taking Spanish. I still like to get a few icons done here and there.

I don't have school yet. It's more personal things that are draining all my time.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 14:12:04 Reply

I feel like only half of the Icon Mods are actually making Icons...we really need to push hard at it.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 14:21:25 Reply

At 8/22/10 02:12 PM, Sectus wrote: I feel like only half of the Icon Mods are actually making Icons...we really need to push hard at it.

I did think that it'll be hard for a lot to maintain their duties after Summer considering the amount of work a fair amount of you will be given. The announcement for the new icon format was great timing since Tom mentioned them in June but now that we're heading to September. All I can suggest to anyone who'll be in school is to do what they can when they have free time. Even a few icons made for the day is better than nothing.

Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 14:41:18 Reply

At 8/22/10 02:12 PM, Sectus wrote: I feel like only half of the Icon Mods are actually making Icons...we really need to push hard at it..

I do feel bad how sometimes I neglect my duties cause I have real busy stuff. I try to get icons in as much as I can,

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:21:21 Reply

At 8/22/10 02:12 PM, Sectus wrote: I feel like only half of the Icon Mods are actually making Icons...we really need to push hard at it.

You can't actually track what an icon mod does, unless Tom decides to spend time accessing the database. Just because an icon mod doesn't maintain a list of icons they've done doesn't mean they've done nothing. There are a lot of icons we need to make, and with school coming around, it could slow down more. But it's better to make icons at a steady rate than not at all.

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:35:58 Reply

At 8/22/10 03:21 PM, thenewbies wrote:
You can't actually track what an icon mod does, unless Tom decides to spend time accessing the database. Just because an icon mod doesn't maintain a list of icons they've done doesn't mean they've done nothing. There are a lot of icons we need to make, and with school coming around, it could slow down more. But it's better to make icons at a steady rate than not at all.

Don't worry Sectus all icon mods are doing there job,if they weren't they wouldn't of been modded in the first place. The only icon mod I can think that fails at its job is Egoraptor.

Speaking of him why do we still have him down as an icon mod. I know he was an art mod before but if he is not halping out do you think he is going to get demodded when the redesign comes?

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:45:33 Reply

Most of us will get demodded at the redesign anyway. There's not really any reason why you should care why Egoraptor's an icon mod. It's a pretty minor job anyway. You wouldn't want to accidentally give me forum modship, now do you?

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:52:21 Reply

I wouldn't worry about things that can't be help. You guys have school to do and that's most important. Just do what you can when you can and it will all fall in place.

We have accomplished so much ready, and I'm sure all the essential icons have been made. Now it's all about digging further into the Portal and getting at the heart of things, watching movies and playing games that haven't been seen in months or even years. Now we really are getting to the real dirty work of things and it's all about progressing forward. As long as you can devote some time to make a few icons here and there, it will help us to reach our final goal; every little bit really does help.

And don't worry about what you could have done if you have more free time, but rather what you can do with the time you do have.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:22:26 Reply

KEVIN'S LIST IS STILL FULL OF OODLES OF ICONLESS FLASHSES

Claimed sections

Webcams
TehSlapHappy

Gadgets
thenewbies

Still like 1,000 icons in there.

Also, Luis.

The Icon Mod Crew

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:27:25 Reply

At 8/22/10 03:45 PM, thenewbies wrote: Most of us will get demodded at the redesign anyway. There's not really any reason why you should care why Egoraptor's an icon mod. It's a pretty minor job anyway. You wouldn't want to accidentally give me forum modship, now do you?

It's either that, or he'll reward us for being such good workers with higher rates of Modship. Either one could happen, I just can't figure it out.

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:38:39 Reply

We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:41:30 Reply

At 8/22/10 04:27 PM, Sectus wrote: It's either that, or he'll reward us for being such good workers with higher rates of Modship. Either one could happen, I just can't figure it out.

One icon mod I think is staying is rev. He hasn't been an icon mod for long and he has ade so many icons so I think it would be great if he stayed.

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:43:13 Reply

At 8/22/10 04:22 PM, Kevin wrote: KEVIN'S LIST IS STILL FULL OF OODLES OF ICONLESS FLASHSES

If I could would it be alright if I claim driving.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:14:44 Reply

At 8/22/10 04:38 PM, Kevin wrote: We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

Still it seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to just take our power away.

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:21:41 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:14 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/22/10 04:38 PM, Kevin wrote: We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

Its simple math

Get redesign and lose icon mod powers > keep old design and keep icon mod powers

Im going to miss being an icon mod but at least I could say I helped make this happen.

BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:51:12 Reply

I'm going to miss you guys.

Godspeed.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:59:47 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:14 PM, Sectus wrote:

This site is free.
Free
Free

If you only wanted to be made an icon mod just so you could become a higher level mod, that wasn't a good decision. We're not guaranteed any kind of reward like higher modship, but those lucky enough may get it.

We may get something like a thanks in the wiki or something, but other than that don't expect much because there's not much they can give.

BBS Signature