Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-09 23:30:28 Reply

At 8/9/10 10:22 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 8/9/10 10:15 PM, citricsquid wrote:
they're his own icons, he can edit his own icons... can't he?
I, uh, derp.

we all make mistakes.

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-09 23:42:20 Reply

At 8/9/10 11:30 PM, Domo wrote:
At 8/9/10 10:22 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 8/9/10 10:15 PM, citricsquid wrote:
they're his own icons, he can edit his own icons... can't he?
I, uh, derp.
we all make mistakes.

Nope, just thenewbies.

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 00:53:11 Reply

At 8/10/10 12:21 AM, Rabid-Animals wrote: The beast has been slayed. I feel kind of bad for ruining the thread, but hey, rules are rules.

And dudes doing it is... I'm uncomfortable now.

How come no one did that in the first place?

BBS Signature
ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 04:57:19 Reply

At 8/10/10 12:53 AM, Domo wrote: How come no one did that in the first place?

Indeed, why nobody didn't think in that before? :P
Oh well, it was replaced with a decent icon. Although I'm pretty sure whoever did that, it's most likely sure that user will do it again.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 07:58:02 Reply

Trust me worrying over one icon is pretty irrelevant; a drop in the ocean. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just altr having some fun with Jonas, if it wasn't Jonas himself.

Regardless, I went ahead and took care of Klacid and VadimGoD since most of you guys are underage and don't need to be viewing that stuff. ;P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 08:06:42 Reply

I'll just say this on the matter of Jonas' previous icon: If it was Jonas himself messing around, I'm not too happy with him trying to give icon mods a bad reputation this way. I don't mind the jokes the icon mods get but I do have to draw the line. However, if it was one of the icon mods, I sure hope you learned your lesson.

thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 11:17:50 Reply

Time to icon ban Jonas, then.

Also,

PICTURE A PERSON IN YOUR MIND AND WRITE IT IN HERE AND THEY WILL DIE.

lol manga

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 13:30:50 Reply

At 8/10/10 07:58 AM, reverend wrote:

Regardless, I went ahead and took care of Klacid and VadimGoD since most of you guys are underage and don't need to be viewing that stuff. ;P

I was gonna do vadim, but then, semen got everywhere every time i attempted it.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 13:56:30 Reply

I really liked this flash. It's fantastic to find flashes that are so unique and beautiful among all the spam.

Icons are really letting me explore into the flash portal more.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 14:02:21 Reply

At 8/10/10 01:56 PM, Donut wrote: Icons are really letting me explore into the flash portal more.

If Tom ever hosts another treasure hunt, I bet an icon mod would win. We have opportunities to see unexposed flashes, and we have tools that take us there instantly.

Also,

wtf what happen

The Icon Mod Crew

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 15:08:25 Reply

At 8/10/10 02:02 PM, thenewbies wrote: wtf what happen

We addressed that earlier in the thread, here and here.

TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-10 20:11:27 Reply

Sorry Jonas.

also iconzzzzz. how many more that need to be done?

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 00:45:32 Reply

At 8/10/10 11:29 PM, Alaska wrote: Probably like 4.

Add an one in front and four zeros behind that and you might be close.

Just keep grinding and moving forwards guys. It'll get done soon enough.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 04:23:27 Reply

And four hours later, I bumped off the N's off Tom's list.

onward

BBS Signature
ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 17:15:52 Reply

I've seen some educational flashes like this one since I got modded. I think it would be nice if Tom created a flash collection of educative flash movies. Oh well, I'm just sharing my thoughts to you :P

And by the way, I'm finishing AfroUnderscore's icons. If nobody wants to claim them, then I'm going to finally get rid of that user in the icon mods tools.

BBS Signature
dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 17:23:06 Reply

At 8/11/10 05:15 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: And by the way, I'm finishing AfroUnderscore's icons. If nobody wants to claim them, then I'm going to finally get rid of that user in the icon mods tools.

Sure, go ahead, I got really bored of making his icons, I was even going to post something asking for someone else to finish them, but I forgot about it.

Also, about the demotion thing, I think that when we get really close to the redesign date (when almost every single flash portal icon is done), we should get at least the golden aura for a little while, so some of us can enjoy having that thing, because people like me got promoted to icon mod a long time before icon mods lost the gold aura. So, well, we can consider that a little something for all the icons we have made. Then we lose it once again, lol, but by being demoted. You guys agree with me? :P

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 18:13:34 Reply

The golden aura never mattered as it was removed for a valid reason, users would have been very confused as to why there were so many people with golden auras and how to differentiate the icon mods from the forum mods. Icon mods have the biggest number of people enrolled and the majority are highly active on the forums, I think it's a good thing we didn't get to keep them. Furthermore, we have nothing to discuss in the mod lounge than we couldn't discuss here or to each other via PM, stickam or whatever.

Personally I think some of us take the roll of icon mod in too much high regard, though we all know that being an icon mod is great on account of we are all contributing to the re-design, and that is very important.

If you want a golden aura so bad then I would use a grease monkey script.

I know this is out of the blue, but I felt I needed to vent one way or the other and this makes it less personal. Don't take this the wrong way people, just voicing a series of opinions.

BBS Signature
thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 18:44:16 Reply

At 8/11/10 06:13 PM, DumbassDude wrote: [...]

I know this is out of the blue, but I felt I needed to vent one way or the other and this makes it less personal. Don't take this the wrong way people, just voicing a series of opinions.

Actually, I agree with you. The original point of the golden aura was to distinguish between a few mods and many regular users. Now that icon modship is becoming more common, it's less of a modship and more of a job.

Right now, speculating about what happens to us is pretty stupid. I bet none of the staff has even considered what to do with us after we're done, other than give us a bit of recognition. In the end, we'll probably simply have our names put on a page thanking us for our work. You simply can't relocate 50 or so icon mods to another department. We'll be recognized for our work, and that's it, that's all.

Personally, I'm happy with that. If we get some extra perks, that's cool, but we played a major part in Newgrounds history, something the vast majority of users will not be part of.

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 20:24:29 Reply

At 8/11/10 06:13 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Personally I think some of us take the roll of icon mod in too much high regard, though we all know that being an icon mod is great on account of we are all contributing to the re-design, and that is very important.

I think most of us who seem to be trapped in some sort of superiority complex because of our icon mod privileges are only doing so out of jest. It's really another one of those silly inside jokes that we tend to create. Many icon mods feign arrogance (whether or not they are truly arrogant in other situations is irrelevant) when discussing icon moderation and other users ("real" mods, especially) joke that we are the scum of the earth. Personally, I find it hilarious.

I doubt anyone on either side is serious. Icon mods should be happy to help out and other users should appreciate the fact that we're giving their favorite submissions (or their own submissions) icons.

dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 20:26:35 Reply

What I said about the golden aura was like, have it for a single day, just for the lulz. I did use a greasemonkey script for a while, but then I got really sick of the gold aura and removed it.

Then the redesign comes and we all lose it and get demoted. Maybe this is kinda useless, maybe not. Dunno.

BBS Signature
Sh0T-D0wN
Sh0T-D0wN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 20:34:32 Reply

At 8/11/10 ?:?? PM, Loluguys wrote: Stuff about gold auras

Clearly what we really need is for our auroras to be the glorious colors of bacon.

Kevin Bacon.

BBS Signature
dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 20:41:19 Reply

At 8/11/10 08:34 PM, Sh0T-D0wN wrote: Clearly what we really need is for our auroras to be the glorious colors of bacon.

... or this.

BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 22:36:09 Reply

The fuck is a gold aura?

thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 22:44:11 Reply

At 8/11/10 10:36 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: The fuck is a gold aura?

You're colorblind, who cares?

BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 22:47:48 Reply

I think people would listen to me more if I had a golden aura.

Iconning is my bid'ness, and bid'ness is good.

what

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-11 23:26:12 Reply

At 8/11/10 10:47 PM, K-Guare wrote: I think people would listen to me more if I had a golden aura.

Not having the gold aura has never really bothered me. I like it but just being a mod in general. We may be at the bottom of the food chain but when the redesign comes there going o have us to thank. So just being a mod is good enough for me. Hopefully I don't get demodded cause I love this job.

BBS Signature
ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-12 01:36:10 Reply

Today is an historical day for the icon moderation team. I finally made the rest of the icons that belonged to AfroUnderscoreStud :)

We should feel proud of ourselves, guys. After all, many icon mods made some icons through all the process :P

Also, a special mention to dx5231 since I think he made most of the icons.

The Icon Mod Crew

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-12 01:59:21 Reply

At 8/12/10 01:36 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Also, a special mention to dx5231 since I think he made most of the icons.

Also Boss.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-12 05:01:12 Reply

At 8/11/10 06:13 PM, DumbassDude wrote: The golden aura never mattered as it was removed for a valid reason, users would have been very confused as to why there were so many people with golden auras and how to differentiate the icon mods from the forum mods.

If you wanna know what I think, I think Tom didn't want people to sign up for icon modship solely for that golden aura. If we (well you guys) would've had a golden aura for becoming icon mods, I bet a lot more people would've signed up or tried to sign up and do hardly anything afterwards because they only wanted that golden aura or other special privileges and don't actually care about helping out.

As for what will happen to us icon mods afterwards, I suppose 50 icon mods would be a little bit much when the major job is over. I think the work will not be entirely done though as there are probably still inappropriate icons everywhere and a handful will be needed to take care of those.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2015)

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-12 08:14:36 Reply

I'm actually glad icon mod-only users don't get gold auras since the amount of users on the BBS with gold auras would have been insane. Infact, considering how crazy it was for the icon mods who did get the aura for a day or two, I had a feeling they were going to lose it for the time being so I wasn't surprised when it happened. I'll just look at it this way; we have the choice of five different auras rather than just the one that the other mods are stuck with.

At 8/12/10 01:36 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Today is an historical day for the icon moderation team. I finally made the rest of the icons that belonged to AfroUnderscoreStud :)

Well done to you all! I would have went through the flashes myself but on the other hand, I wanted to see who were masochistic enough to go through them all. Well, no-one went through all 349 flashes on their own but some of you did over 100. You handled a repetitive task well enough.