00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Icon Mod Crew

283,234 Views | 3,351 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:21:21

At 8/22/10 02:12 PM, Sectus wrote: I feel like only half of the Icon Mods are actually making Icons...we really need to push hard at it.

You can't actually track what an icon mod does, unless Tom decides to spend time accessing the database. Just because an icon mod doesn't maintain a list of icons they've done doesn't mean they've done nothing. There are a lot of icons we need to make, and with school coming around, it could slow down more. But it's better to make icons at a steady rate than not at all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:35:58

At 8/22/10 03:21 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 8/22/10 02:12 PM, Sectus wrote: I feel like only half of the Icon Mods are actually making Icons...we really need to push hard at it.
You can't actually track what an icon mod does, unless Tom decides to spend time accessing the database. Just because an icon mod doesn't maintain a list of icons they've done doesn't mean they've done nothing. There are a lot of icons we need to make, and with school coming around, it could slow down more. But it's better to make icons at a steady rate than not at all.

Don't worry Sectus all icon mods are doing there job,if they weren't they wouldn't of been modded in the first place. The only icon mod I can think that fails at its job is Egoraptor.

Speaking of him why do we still have him down as an icon mod. I know he was an art mod before but if he is not halping out do you think he is going to get demodded when the redesign comes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:45:33

Most of us will get demodded at the redesign anyway. There's not really any reason why you should care why Egoraptor's an icon mod. It's a pretty minor job anyway. You wouldn't want to accidentally give me forum modship, now do you?

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 15:52:21

I wouldn't worry about things that can't be help. You guys have school to do and that's most important. Just do what you can when you can and it will all fall in place.

We have accomplished so much ready, and I'm sure all the essential icons have been made. Now it's all about digging further into the Portal and getting at the heart of things, watching movies and playing games that haven't been seen in months or even years. Now we really are getting to the real dirty work of things and it's all about progressing forward. As long as you can devote some time to make a few icons here and there, it will help us to reach our final goal; every little bit really does help.

And don't worry about what you could have done if you have more free time, but rather what you can do with the time you do have.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:22:26

KEVIN'S LIST IS STILL FULL OF OODLES OF ICONLESS FLASHSES

Claimed sections

Webcams
TehSlapHappy

Gadgets
thenewbies

Still like 1,000 icons in there.

Also, Luis.

The Icon Mod Crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:27:25

At 8/22/10 03:45 PM, thenewbies wrote: Most of us will get demodded at the redesign anyway. There's not really any reason why you should care why Egoraptor's an icon mod. It's a pretty minor job anyway. You wouldn't want to accidentally give me forum modship, now do you?

It's either that, or he'll reward us for being such good workers with higher rates of Modship. Either one could happen, I just can't figure it out.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:38:39

We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:41:30

At 8/22/10 04:27 PM, Sectus wrote: It's either that, or he'll reward us for being such good workers with higher rates of Modship. Either one could happen, I just can't figure it out.

One icon mod I think is staying is rev. He hasn't been an icon mod for long and he has ade so many icons so I think it would be great if he stayed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 16:43:13

At 8/22/10 04:22 PM, Kevin wrote: KEVIN'S LIST IS STILL FULL OF OODLES OF ICONLESS FLASHSES

If I could would it be alright if I claim driving.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:14:44

At 8/22/10 04:38 PM, Kevin wrote: We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free

Still it seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to just take our power away.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:21:41

At 8/22/10 05:14 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/22/10 04:38 PM, Kevin wrote: We get rewarded with a redesign for a free site we use.

This site is free.
Free
Free
Still it seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to just take our power away.

Its simple math

Get redesign and lose icon mod powers > keep old design and keep icon mod powers

Im going to miss being an icon mod but at least I could say I helped make this happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 17:51:12

I'm going to miss you guys.

Godspeed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 18:07:00

At 8/22/10 05:59 PM, EJR wrote: We may get something like a thanks in the wiki or something, but other than that don't expect much because there's not much they can give.

Yeah, Tom has stated he would like to make a wiki giving credit to those who helped out with making icons. I can't see why not and I'll be happy to see a wiki saying who helped out with the new icon format. However, even if that doesn't work out, I've had a really good time watching loads of flashes I never even watched before.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 18:36:27

At 8/22/10 05:59 PM, EJR wrote: If you only wanted to be made an icon mod just so you could become a higher level mod, that wasn't a good decision. We're not guaranteed any kind of reward like higher modship, but those lucky enough may get it.

Uh thats kind of my fault. I told him how Auz was icon modded then bbs modded a little later and I think I gave him the wrong idea. Sectus most of us are only going to get a tiny taste of what being a mod was like when some like Auz, Bahamut, rev, EJR, and some others. They are the ones who are going to be climbing the ranks. We are going to be icon mods and then users in the future. But EJR is right becoming an icon mod just to become a better mod isn't going to work. Were 14 so we wont get a better mod stats for a few more years. Just enjoy your time as an icon mod.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 19:46:56

At 8/22/10 06:36 PM, Domo wrote: Uh thats kind of my fault. I told him how Auz was icon modded then bbs modded a little later and I think I gave him the wrong idea. Sectus most of us are only going to get a tiny taste of what being a mod was like when some like Auz, Bahamut, rev, EJR, and some others. They are the ones who are going to be climbing the ranks. We are going to be icon mods and then users in the future. But EJR is right becoming an icon mod just to become a better mod isn't going to work. Were 14 so we wont get a better mod stats for a few more years. Just enjoy your time as an icon mod.

Sigh. Well I guess I'll try and get the best out of it and wait to see the ultimate result. Though I'm sure that after a few years we ALL will be rewarded for our dedication to the NG team.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:07:57

At 8/22/10 07:50 PM, EJR wrote: Idk man. I think Auz was already planned to be made a forum mod before he asked to be icon modded. I can't really speak for him, but I don't think it was because he was already an icon mod.

This. It was just a coincidence that he became a forum moderator after a few days he got icon modded, too. Becoming a forum, review, audio and art moderator is a decision that make the administrators and the moderation team.

As I've already said, most of us will get demodded and I accepted this job even if I was aware that I may lost it after the duty is done. But I'm pretty sure most of us won't care losing our modships since our usernames will appear in a wikipage and the redesign will be here due to us.

As for me, I won't start going to uni until next year, so I have a lot of free time. I plan to study medicine and I already know it consumes most of the time, but I will still have enough time to spend here since I don't have to stay in uni even if the classes have ended. I can go back at home.

Speaking about icons, rev and I are just about to finish making the icons from 123bee. I just managed to do around 80 while he did almost the whole thing. There were 404 icons in total. Another victory for the icons mods.

And bad news guys, Afro_Stud is changing all of the icons we've made for him. We should have PM'd him before. All our efforts for nothing, but meh. I made more than 50 icons in less than 15 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:16:49

You guys are actually lucky to be given such responsibilities at a very young age. I don't think I would have fitted the role at the age of 14 considering how immature I was back then, especially when I was getting trolled by the Star Syndicate.

Yet I'm making icons for them right now.
At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: This. It was just a coincidence that he became a forum moderator after a few days he got icon modded, too. Becoming a forum, review, audio and art moderator is a decision that make the administrators and the moderation team.

Obviously I know nothing from over there but I asked Auz if he was interesting in being an icon mod. I thought he would have applied right away so I asked him and wondered why he didn't consider the role. I'm still happy I got him to apply for icon modship and help out with making icons.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 20:49:55

At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: As I've already said, most of us will get demodded and I accepted this job even if I was aware that I may lost it after the duty is done. But I'm pretty sure most of us won't care losing our modships since our usernames will appear in a wikipage and the redesign will be here due to us.

Yeah im going to be happy he gives credit to us for all the work we have done. Im going to miss being an icon mod I just thought we were all going to stay as mods since there are so many new mods coming with the redesign I thought we might just all get a different modship and not all stay as icon mods.

At 8/22/10 08:16 PM, Bahamut wrote: You guys are actually lucky to be given such responsibilities at a very young age. I don't think I would have fitted the role at the age of 14 considering how immature I was back then, especially when I was getting trolled by the Star Syndicate.

Im very grateful. you don't see a 14 year old mods a lot unless its icons. The only under age mod I know of is the 12 year old forum mod and I think he only got the modship for not telling his real age. But being an icon mod is still great enough for me.

Also what happens if you claim a user on the icon mod site and another icon mod still does the icons is there some kind of punishment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 21:28:43

At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Speaking about icons, rev and I are just about to finish making the icons from 123bee. I just managed to do around 80 while he did almost the whole thing. There were 404 icons in total. Another victory for the icons mods.

Thank you good sir, from my count I made 300 exactly so you must have made 102 and there are only 402 total. It really didn't take as long as I thought; just a weekend. :)

123bee is defeated!

The Icon Mod Crew

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 22:05:04

I do not care if I lose my Moderating Powers, I will remain dedicated to Newgrounds no matter what level of power I have. I love this site, and I always will, I plan to stick with the site for a long time.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-22 22:07:19

At 8/22/10 09:28 PM, reverend wrote: 123bee is defeated!

Give this man a fucking medal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 04:39:38

At 8/22/10 08:07 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:
At 8/22/10 07:50 PM, EJR wrote: Idk man. I think Auz was already planned to be made a forum mod before he asked to be icon modded. I can't really speak for him, but I don't think it was because he was already an icon mod.
This. It was just a coincidence that he became a forum moderator after a few days he got icon modded, too.

Yes, I think it was just a coincidence. I got forum modded only a week later, so the admins must've already had me in their scope. I don't think me applying for icon mod really had such a major influence on their decision.

To be honest though, I do not know that much about it. I can only guess what went through the minds of the admins when they invited me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 09:05:48

At 8/22/10 09:28 PM, reverend wrote: 123bee is defeated!

Wow, just wow. That wasn't an easy task at all but I'm glad you and ThePigeonMaster pulled it off! Heh, I've only done 17 icons for the SS so far but I'll be sure to go all out on them once I'm done with Clock Day submissions.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 12:48:54

One other thing I forgot to mention was regarding Afro_Stud's icons. To be honest, I had a feeling he was going to change the icons himself at some point. Although I stopped talking to him months ago, I knew he wanted the new icons to reflect the old ones he had which is why he's replacing all 349 icons he was given. One flash author was bound to be unhappy with their icons.

In other news, I've made 2,000 icons!

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 17:04:59

At 8/23/10 12:48 PM, Bahamut wrote: In other news, I've made 2,000 icons!

Good job! I've made 77....is that good in a period of 2 days...?

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 17:31:33

At 8/23/10 05:04 PM, Sectus wrote:

38.5 per day, if my mental math is right. That's really good. Compared to my 8.9 per day. I'm lazy, I guess. Reverend got modded after me, and he already has around 10 times what I've made, I think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 17:47:39

At 8/23/10 05:31 PM, thenewbies wrote:
38.5 per day, if my mental math is right. That's really good. Compared to my 8.9 per day. I'm lazy, I guess. Reverend got modded after me, and he already has around 10 times what I've made, I think.

Yeah. For me it's harder because I have to put out a larger amount during the weekends to make up for the 2 weeks I can't produce.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 18:14:40

At 8/23/10 04:39 AM, Auz wrote: To be honest though, I do not know that much about it. I can only guess what went through the minds of the admins when they invited me.

'cause you're Auzsome!

At 8/23/10 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Wow, just wow. That wasn't an easy task at all but I'm glad you and ThePigeonMaster pulled it off! Heh, I've only done 17 icons for the SS so far but I'll be sure to go all out on them once I'm done with Clock Day submissions.

Mind-numbing, but I had the weekend free and thought might as well and TPM was a major relief as well. I still think the SS would be worse than 123XXXX; at least they are a legitimate company and the SS you never know what you'll get from them. Regardless, knock them out Bahamut!

In other news, I've made 2,000 icons!

Nice!

At 8/23/10 05:31 PM, thenewbies wrote: 38.5 per day, if my mental math is right. That's really good. Compared to my 8.9 per day. I'm lazy, I guess. Reverend got modded after me, and he already has around 10 times what I've made, I think.

As of yesterday, I have made about 1,500, but that's really irrelevant. Everybody's pace is going to be different so the only things that really matter is the goals you set yourselves. If you set a goal for yourself of 20 icons per day then go for it and try to reach it. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 19:53:23

ALL flashes found in Clock Day pages 2005 - 2009 are all done! I made the final push tonight to update everything in the remaining pages in 2009 and I'm really happy to know that I've got those pages out of the way. Now to get through the Star Syndicate.

That's a fine pace. It doesn't matter if you can't do over a hundred in a single day. Regardless of pace (unless you're barely making any icons, lol), you're still doing a great deal for the site. :)

At 8/23/10 06:14 PM, reverend wrote: 'cause you're Auzsome!

Auzsome, eh?

At 8/23/10 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Wow, just wow. That wasn't an easy task at all but I'm glad you and ThePigeonMaster pulled it off! Heh, I've only done 17 icons for the SS so far but I'll be sure to go all out on them once I'm done with Clock Day submissions.
Mind-numbing, but I had the weekend free and thought might as well and TPM was a major relief as well. I still think the SS would be worse than 123XXXX; at least they are a legitimate company and the SS you never know what you'll get from them. Regardless, knock them out Bahamut!

From what I've seen from 123bee, there is absolutely nothing appealing from the flashes. Just generic as fuck. At least the SS have decent submissions such as this one:

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-08-23 20:03:01

At 8/23/10 07:53 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/23/10 06:14 PM, reverend wrote: 'cause you're Auzsome!
Auzsome, eh?

lol, Auzome.
Nice one revergrand!

From what I've seen from 123bee, there is absolutely nothing appealing from the flashes. Just generic as fuck. At least the SS have decent submissions such as this one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/26 7807

I just love when a crew makes an awesome flash. Telling to us that besides all of that spam flash they do, there's talent after all.
I remember watching this flash movie by the SS about the ex-moderator Ozcar. I just found it funny just like Ozcar:

BBS Signature