New Topic Respond to this Topic
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, TomFulp wrote: Hey just a heads up, an icon mod started replacing icons with pictures of dicks, including a front paged movie. I don't have any time to deal with this sort of mess right now so I de-modded just about every single icon mod.

Yea I was just looking at the topic where someone reported that. smh

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

i didn't do it lemme back in the game coach

Sig by BlooHippoe.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 17 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: Hey just a heads up, an icon mod started replacing icons with pictures of dicks, including a front paged movie. I don't have any time to deal with this sort of mess right now so I de-modded just about every single icon mod. It's ironic because people were always worried they would get de-modded after launch and now THEY HAVE! Even though we still have tons of icons left to do.

That's fucked up. Name some names and delete their ass.

I left some currently active mods with access. If you are still active in this thread and want your mod status back, let me know (and sorry didn't want to hurt feelings). There were a ton of icon mods and most of them never did very many icons, so it was a good time to tie up looses ends anyway.

Yeah, if anybody notice any icons that have been changed to dicks PM me. I still have icon/genre mod access and I'll be around for the next few hours.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

Hey Tom, I would love to continue working on those icons. You can demod me once all icons are done. Let's not slow down just because the redesign is out.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that I still have Icon Mod access, and it wasn't me that changed those pictures. I'll start replacing the icons of the flashes that got fucked with.

Whoever it was that did that is a real ass...
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Wow, I hope that the icon mod who abused his powers will get caught. I have still my icon mod powers and will now look out for abusive flash icons. Some people are really mean and have to ruin everything :/

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Asandir wrote: Wow, I hope that the icon mod who abused his powers will get caught. I have still my icon mod powers and will now look out for abusive flash icons. Some people are really mean and have to ruin everything :/

Well, that just goes to show you that even icon mods have to be trustworthy. It's hard to believe that someone would do that after the redesign, or even before it. It must have been one of the mods that got the job just for the power, and was pissed because it wasn't fun for them or something.

Expectrum
Expectrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

Hey guys. I was just about to get into some icon-making action when I noticed my inability to do so, and Bahamut told me about the incident. I'd love to be able to keep working, so please re-mod me if that's alright.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

Ah, shit.

It appears I was mistaken and do not, in fact, have my icon mod abilities. I would appreciate it if I could get those back, so I can start fixing all the icons that got messed up.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 7 days ago, TomFulp wrote: Some day, if everything has thumbnails and every new submission has thumbnails, we would likely only need a small handful of mods who would be interested in dealing with abusive thumbnails. BUT we will be introducing Game and Movie mods, so I imagine a good number of icon and genre mods will be candidates for that. :)

Just wondering, when will these Game and Movie mods be introduced, and what will be the standards as to what gets removed and such?

This should probably be in the genre mod thread too, but I'll just post it here anyway - when you lock tags does it also lock the genre?

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Son of a bitch! An inactive mod likely got hacked.

I still have my mod powers and I have changed my password just in case it was from my account. I'll repair the damage if I come across any of them.

(sigh) but things like this are inevitable. Always has been a part of Newgrounds history and will always have idiots who like to vandalize websites just for a cheap laugh.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

Well I hope I was of some help, even if I only did a few dozens / hundreds icons!

Was well worth all the hard work you guys did in here!

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 12:37 AM Reply

I was demodded while I was in the middle of making rapcathackysack's icons today. I had no Idea why the edit icon button stopped showing up on the last two I needed to do. I still plan to make icons now that the redesign has hit.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 13 hours ago, Travis wrote: You can no longer submit a movie unless you have an icon submitted for it.
That means that soon the list will be done... that endless bastard of a list will finally be conquered.

It will be the first time in the history of NG that everything has icons!

Prior to launch, I made sure every submission from the past month had a thumbnail, just to get rolling. :)

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:42 AM Reply

I re-modded the people who asked on this page.

As for Flash mods, you will have access to a list of the most-flagged Flash and can choose to clear the flags or unpublish the Flash. You will also be able to unpublish existing Flash at will. We'll keep a log of who has unpublished what, the nice thing being that we can hit UNDO if anyone goes crazy.

It will be good to have a historical context of what we've allowed to remain on the site and what we've removed during the cleanup. Namely we've removed things like:

1) Any slideshow containing art or images not created by the submitter.
2) Any quiz game based around showing art or images not created by the submitter.
3) Video rips (with some exceptions for classic dub movies)
4) Spam where the only focus is a loud noise that hurts peoples' ears
5) Some spam that is just an unlicensed image and unlicensed music with no effort beyond that.
6) Blank / overwritten submissions.

In general we tolerate some pretty bad spam for the sake of creative expression. I'm actually more bothered by the shovelware sweatshop games that get submitted every day. For those we intend to have a Shovelware badge that gets put on the account, at which point their account and their games can exist but they won't be listed in the Portal. Not sure when THAT will happen though but it's on the list.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 09:45 AM Reply

At A few seconds ago, TomFulp wrote: 4) Spam where the only focus is a loud noise that hurts peoples' ears

Have fun with raping your speakers because I tagged submissions with noises to determine those that play really loud noise. I knew it would have come in handy at a later point.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Expectrum
Expectrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 54 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: I re-modded the people who asked on this page.

Thanks!

At 51 minutes ago, Bahamut wrote: Have fun with raping your speakers because I tagged submissions with noises to determine those that play really loud noise. I knew it would have come in handy at a later point.

Speaking of tags, it seems my genre editing abilities have also banished, so it would be convenient to get those back again if possible, Tom :P

Also, how are you guys searching for submissions that need icons now that the list has gone?

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 23 minutes ago, YoungAndWise wrote: Also, how are you guys searching for submissions that need icons now that the list has gone?

Well, I look through the userpages of the users who are online, through their flashes and favourites. If you want a list to work on, just send a pm to Bahamut, he has thousands of authors with missing icons.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, TomFulp wrote: We'll keep a log of who has unpublished what, the nice thing being that we can hit UNDO if anyone goes crazy.

That sounds good.

For those we intend to have a Shovelware badge that gets put on the account, at which point their account and their games can exist but they won't be listed in the Portal. Not sure when THAT will happen though but it's on the list.

Another great idea, so would they show up in the portal while under judgement but then disappear once they have passed?

Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: I re-modded the people who asked on this page.

As for Flash mods, you will have access to a list of the most-flagged Flash and can choose to clear the flags or unpublish the Flash. You will also be able to unpublish existing Flash at will. We'll keep a log of who has unpublished what, the nice thing being that we can hit UNDO if anyone goes crazy.

I was just browsing the under judgement submissions and on the flash pages I can't even find the flag submission button. Does this mean the only things that are flaggable now are reviews or is it going to be reintroduced at a later time?

Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

Movie clips dubbed with different audio:

• Error of Genocide 2
    Error of Genocide 2 by Valfire

The sequel to the great Error of Genocide!

Score
    3.86 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+
  • Error of Genocide
    Error of Genocide by Valfire

A video clip I added sounds to...

Score
    3.80 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

You will be able to see the user comments for flagged submissions and users will be able to flag content at any time.

Little-Rena had a good suggestion - if you see something in the mean-time that should be deleted, tag it with "deletion"

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, TomFulp wrote: You will be able to see the user comments for flagged submissions and users will be able to flag content at any time.

Little-Rena had a good suggestion - if you see something in the mean-time that should be deleted, tag it with "deletion"

When are we usually supposed to use the "lock tags" button, anyway?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 11 minutes ago, Heinrich wrote: Movie clips dubbed with different audio:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/146771
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41057

I'm tempted to give them a pass for classic pre-YouTube status and because the author is still around on NG after all these years... SO CONFLICTED.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM Reply

At 23 seconds ago, Sectus wrote: When are we usually supposed to use the "lock tags" button, anyway?

If you think the author is abusing the tag system to make their submission show up where it shouldn't.

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

Sorry for not posting updates post relaunch yet... loving the new system. Doesn't look like I've been demodded just yet so I guess more icons will be made by me XD

what's this about Flash mods?

II II lI

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

I have lost my icon mod privileges apparently. I don't really mind though, I haven't been using the tools that much for a long time now anyway so there might not be much point in remodding me.

PS: If there are any Flash Mods appointed already, you guys might want to take a look at this submission:

• Ashoka blowjob
    Ashoka blowjob by beast2622

Make Ashoka your little cum dump.

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Adults Only

The author admits he didn't make this.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Heinrich
Heinrich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: Little-Rena had a good suggestion - if you see something in the mean-time that should be deleted, tag it with "deletion"

Already then. I'll do that for future.

At 4 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: I'm tempted to give them a pass for classic pre-YouTube status and because the author is still around on NG after all these years... SO CONFLICTED.

Then perhaps we should leave alone the pre-2005 dubbed videos and keep them to remind people that YouTube did not invent edited videos?

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Auz wrote: PS: If there are any Flash Mods appointed already, you guys might want to take a look at this submission:

Tom has said that Flash Mods won't be appointed for a little bit. He expects the system to be done by at least the end of the month.

PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Icon Mod Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

I just want to thank whoever redid the icons for my submissions. When I saw the redesign I was afraid I had to redo icons for them since I can't work much on the computer these days because of health issues, and today I checked and suddenly all my submissions had icons some of I had never picked. I don't know if it was this crew or just the new system automatically doing it, but anyway, thanks.