Be a Supporter!

The Icon Mod Crew

  • 166,193 Views
  • 3,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-01 17:40:29 Reply

On another light note, I took care of all those Star Syndicate authors. There may be the odd one missing but everyone who were featured on their collection pages are in the bag.

Next up: Glock Group?
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-01 23:57:44 Reply

At 11/1/11 04:15 PM, TomFulp wrote: At the start of the charity drive, we had 199,582 submissions on NG and 106,023 thumbnails.

As of today we have 200,794 submissions and 115,772 thumbnails.

9,749 thumbnails - 1212 from new submissions = 8,537 thumbnails for existing submissions.

x 0.05 = $426.85 for charity!

Sitewide 140x90 thumbnails are 57.6% complete. But it's generally the better 57.6% so that's good. :)

Are you seriouuuus? So many submissions left without icons? Now I just feel really worse for not having made any icons in the past months...

I blame it on the fact that I haven't put Photoshop on my laptop yet, that I'm working a lot and that I'm moving in U.S.A. in a month.

Yeah, excuses. :(


BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-02 08:09:40 Reply

Broken.

Racist.

Removed.

At 11/1/11 11:21 PM, Travis wrote: Bahamut... you and your flash groups lol.

Pfft, I can go for Kitty Krew and they never had a collection page for themselves. Infact, I actually picked up some of them when going through Daily Day pages and they're actually quite a breeze to go through since most of their submissions are really short.

At 11/1/11 11:57 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Are you seriouuuus? So many submissions left without icons? Now I just feel really worse for not having made any icons in the past months...

You better. We won't have a redesign until we're all done. Kidding aside, real life circumstances are excused.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-02 09:26:50 Reply

At 11/2/11 08:09 AM, Bahamut wrote: Pfft, I can go for Kitty Krew and they never had a collection page for themselves. Infact, I actually picked up some of them when going through Daily Day pages and they're actually quite a breeze to go through since most of their submissions are really short.

There's still a part of me that wants to run a script that deletes everything with a score under 1.75 and less than 2000 views... I guess it would have been a good idea to do that BEFORE trying to make thumbnails for everything. :P

You could take a chunk out of the remaining lists and then tackle either Glock Group or Kitty Krew if that works, or just take on the crews... Everything movies us towards thumbnails being done. :)


This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-02 11:19:30 Reply

At 11/2/11 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: You could take a chunk out of the remaining lists and then tackle either Glock Group or Kitty Krew if that works, or just take on the crews... Everything movies us towards thumbnails being done. :)

I really would love to get some work done but now I do need to send off my laptop to get it repaired. I'm told it could take 2-3 days to sort it out so that's not all that bad.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-02 11:29:22 Reply

At 11/1/11 12:04 AM, Travis wrote: That's a total of 3073 icons.
At 11/1/11 10:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: My total was 3,071.

That's completely insane. I've probably done less than 150 icons altogether. How do you guys do it?


"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-02 12:15:53 Reply

At 11/2/11 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: There's still a part of me that wants to run a script that deletes everything with a score under 1.75 and less than 2000 views... I guess it would have been a good idea to do that BEFORE trying to make thumbnails for everything. :P

You know, I was thinking about the same thing yesterday and almost posted about it... but I didn't think you'd like the idea...

...of just getting rid of the 10,000+ spam submissions with no icons, a crappy score and barely any views. I mean, it wont be a great loss. :P


BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-03 08:10:54 Reply

At 11/2/11 11:29 AM, Jackho wrote: That's completely insane. I've probably done less than 150 icons altogether. How do you guys do it?

A lot of coffee helps me through the day.

At 11/2/11 12:15 PM, FBIpolux wrote: ...of just getting rid of the 10,000+ spam submissions with no icons, a crappy score and barely any views. I mean, it wont be a great loss. :P

We may as well have more stuff to do.

Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-03 18:00:42 Reply

I have these left from the list I claimed. After that I might take some others who claimed some way before me but still haven't finished. I must admit alot of these movies are pretty bad so its hard to sit there and watch them all, but its is also kinda fun in away.

http://darkside7000.newgrounds.com/flash icons
http://evilpacman.newgrounds.com/flashic ons
http://formalz.newgrounds.com/flashicons
http://greth-of-choas.newgrounds.com/fla shicons
http://happybee.newgrounds.com/flashicon s


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-04 07:29:41 Reply

On reading your news post I thought you said the charity event was over, but on reading it again I think I might've misunderstood.

So we're still doing icons for charity then? I'll start working on them again as soon as I get home.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2015)

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-04 09:45:05 Reply

At 11/4/11 07:29 AM, Auz wrote: So we're still doing icons for charity then? I'll start working on them again as soon as I get home.

I was tempted to run the event through November but since then I bumped up the donation amount so the charity portion is officially closed. More icons are always good though. :)


This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-04 12:04:51 Reply

At 11/4/11 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/4/11 07:29 AM, Auz wrote: So we're still doing icons for charity then? I'll start working on them again as soon as I get home.
I was tempted to run the event through November but since then I bumped up the donation amount so the charity portion is officially closed. More icons are always good though. :)

Oh that's too bad, but I'll do some icons anyway.

I hope you'll run another event like this someday. Again, I would love to participate next time.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2015)

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Movie Buff
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-04 15:54:09 Reply

At 11/3/11 06:00 PM, Mr-Shark wrote: I have these left from the list I claimed. After that I might take some others who claimed some way before me but still haven't finished. I must admit alot of these movies are pretty bad so its hard to sit there and watch them all, but its is also kinda fun in away.

http://darkside7000.newgrounds.com/flash icons

Finished up this one for you.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2015)

BBS Signature
Viktor
Viktor
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-07 16:07:59 Reply

I wish I could help, I have nothing better to do.

I already have shown tom my application, he said the quality was too high, so I can turn the quality down to around what he wants.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-07 16:19:17 Reply

At 11/7/11 04:07 PM, Viktor wrote: I already have shown tom my application, he said the quality was too high, so I can turn the quality down to around what he wants.

With an image software with a manageable quality setting, this shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully you're given a second chance. As for my current status on icon modding, laptop is still MIA so I can't return just yet. It was meant to be done no later than Friday. :(

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-10 14:33:52 Reply

At 11/10/11 02:26 PM, Travis wrote: Starting Sunday, I should be ready to start back up.

I'm already back on my feet. Well, I'll be on another short trip but my laptop hasn't crashed today and it's all thanks to avoiding Firefox. Sucks I have to avoid Firefox since I was using it to go through all the oldest submissions. Clicking on an author's userpage once keeps it appeared as clicked. Chrome doesn't seem to do that so it'll be very tricky from now on. Hopefully by the time everything from the first 90,000 submissions is covered we'll have our long awaited redesign.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-10 15:04:53 Reply

At 11/10/11 02:26 PM, Travis wrote: Starting Sunday, I should be ready to start back up.

Sorry for the long vacation Tom.

No apologies needed, I appreciated any help possible. :)


This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-10 15:12:20 Reply

At 11/10/11 02:53 PM, Travis wrote:
At 11/10/11 02:33 PM, Bahamut wrote: Hopefully by the time everything from the first 90,000 submissions is covered we'll have our long awaited redesign.
How close are we to that?

Apart from one author, we covered the first existing 10,000 submissions. I reckon with checking through all the authors from there through 90k, we'll still get a lot done. Of course, if you count out any that are done, we'll get a much lower figure. I'll see what I can do with continuing this extraction on Chrome.

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-10 21:53:57 Reply

Now that I took care of Backflip, EVERYTHING from the last remaining first 11,000 are now covered for icons (this also means everything from 2000 is done). Next up: Sort out everything from portal ID# 11001-20000. With some help from Travis, this should be all good. I think going through ancient submissions is what I'll be doing for the time being.

Hentai slideshows, really.

Removed.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 15
Game Developer
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-13 14:39:50 Reply

Hey Tom, here is your greatest enemy for a while. Hopefully this only sucks up time during the weekends and not 24/7.

The Icon Mod Crew

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-14 18:41:26 Reply

Movie doesn't load for me.

Duplicate.

Thankfully I didn't let Skyrim consume me. Let's see if I can save myself until Friday.

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-24 13:06:48 Reply

I got the icons for greth-of-choas, sethdd, shayphis, rotciv17, nido666 and micorcidra.
Speaking of which, you should check out this movie I found while making the icons, it's pretty cute.

  • dinosaurs
    dinosaurs by Sethdd

    Click to view.

    Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Everyone


BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-25 13:37:48 Reply

Possibly stolen flash:

As the site the user has in their profile isn't the same as the one in that flash which is mentioned here

Noticed this flash as I'm going through the ones with no icons so far this week.


BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-27 17:29:44 Reply

At 11/11/11 10:39 AM, TomFulp wrote: MADNESS A-I

http://formalz.newgrounds.com/flashicons
http://greth-of-choas.newgrounds.com/fla shicons

I'll take care of these ones.

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread but I am an Icon Mod in case any one is wondering.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 15
Game Developer
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-28 13:46:10 Reply

I did a bunch of icons for one of the girl game submitters, forgot which one but they had a few submissions, lol.

Anyway, calling:

http://oxob3000.newgrounds.com/flashicon s
http://poppetje3d.newgrounds.com/flashic ons
http://thinkbox.newgrounds.com/flashicon s

I can possibly have those done by tommorow sometime.


BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-28 16:13:29 Reply

Hmmm, I tried to do some icons and I get the warning that says the server doesn't receive my upload. FINE I'LL TRY AGAIN ON MY NEXT DAY OFF OF WORK THEN. >:(


BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-28 16:24:30 Reply

At 11/28/11 04:13 PM, Fro wrote: Hmmm, I tried to do some icons and I get the warning that says the server doesn't receive my upload. FINE I'LL TRY AGAIN ON MY NEXT DAY OFF OF WORK THEN. >:(

That's been happening to me to, it seems to have something to do with the image filename I think, maybe try to give it the same name as the flash you are making it for, that seems to be working for me.

Also, I have done 2 of the 3 I said I would now, I might have to call dibs on some more if no one else calls them.


BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2011-11-28 18:42:27 Reply

Pretty much the same submission, the second one has an award and a preloader added, although personally I like it better looping, but eitherway, not sure if they both need to exist.


BBS Signature