00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Defunked

892 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Defunked 2010-06-02 22:43:32

character

might use it for a robot day movie

actually, it might not be done BY robot day, or it might be done BEFORE robot day, who knows!! i still need to sort some stuff out but mindchamber helped me fix some tablet problemsssss so i might be able to get stuff working to a decent level now if i have the time to actually make the shit i need to get together

anyway he has rocket-propelled fists to crush your fucking face in because he doesn't like pansies
i might do some minor modifications to the design before i get past the basic stages of development etc etc

kill

Defunked

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 11:10:39

gogy

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 14:25:40

no NERDS allowed

-

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 15:39:13

yeh

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 15:46:46

You may want to add some more mechanical-looking parts to make it look more like a robot. As it stands, it seems like a super-stylized guy in a suit with a visor-helmet. Nothing about it really seems robotic or mechanical.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's bad.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 15:51:36

At 6/3/10 03:46 PM, Luxembourg wrote: You may want to add some more mechanical-looking parts to make it look more like a robot. As it stands, it seems like a super-stylized guy in a suit with a visor-helmet. Nothing about it really seems robotic or mechanical.
Mind you, I'm not saying it's bad.

actually it's a cyborg

or an android

with like synthetic muscles and shit

and he is PUMPING hardcore

so it's really a super-advanced machine as opposed to a shitty tin can faggot, you know?

-

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 15:54:25

At 6/3/10 03:51 PM, Sinitron wrote: actually it's a cyborg
or an android

so it's not a robot... but it's for robot day...

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 16:16:38

At 6/3/10 03:54 PM, DNoack757 wrote:
At 6/3/10 03:51 PM, Sinitron wrote: actually it's a cyborg
or an android
so it's not a robot... but it's for robot day...

uh cyborg = human with machine parts
android = robot that looks human

so it's still a machine just not a tin can

go 2 sci-fi school noopie

-

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 17:16:41

The character's left (our right) hand looks like it could either be in the foreground or the background. I don't know why. It must be the way it doesn't overlap or isn't overlapped by anything and it's kinda sticking out at an awkward angle there. It ruins the pictures illusion of depth.

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 17:48:36

At 6/3/10 05:16 PM, RaptorFarmer wrote: The character's left (our right) hand looks like it could either be in the foreground or the background. I don't know why. It must be the way it doesn't overlap or isn't overlapped by anything and it's kinda sticking out at an awkward angle there. It ruins the pictures illusion of depth.

I agree, I kind of fucked that up. Good thing I won't actually use this artwork for the actual project itself... it's more like reference for what I want it to look like, colors and stuff.

5 weeks to go, hopefully I can finish it this time.

-

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 19:29:12

Oh! You should make his boots purple with gold souls and knee pads.

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 19:32:13

I just saw your gallery. Now I know you can do a lot better than that.

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 19:54:19

I think it needs something else.
Maybe some more detail or colour, because at the moment, it doesn't quite stand out.

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 20:02:27

Consider this, though; It's supposed to be an animated character. While excessive detail would be nice, it does detract from the simplicity of the design, which I am personally fond of, and makes it even more of a pain in the ass to work with as I only have those 5 weeks to get everything I need together into one place and puzzle it together in the right order.

-

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 20:07:16

What fucking scares me the most, is that I try to make it more complex than what is necessary and end up either being unable to complete it or having to cut it short. Right now I'm still missing a lot of stuff I need before I can even start on it, and if it starts to look bad I might have to bring in some auxiliaries to complete it in time... which is a decision I need to make at least two weeks before it is supposed to be done, and something I would rather avoid if at all possible because I do not know if I can rely on this option in the first place.

-

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-03 20:46:18

Ah, well then, keep it as is.
As things get more complex, it get's much harder to animate them.
That's why people who have graphically intense characters, such as JohnnyUtah, don't have much animation in their flashes.

Response to Defunked 2010-06-04 17:22:46

Its kinda like an over grown sized Tankmen heh, but its a very in your face kinda art here, which looks pretty awsome so i like, keep up the awsome work.

Love it

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Defunked 2010-06-04 18:56:55

At 6/3/10 07:29 PM, RaptorFarmer wrote: Oh! You should make his boots purple with gold souls and knee pads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul

BBS Signature