Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 15:20:54 Reply

http://www.propellerheads.se/

This might be pretty daaaamn cool... I'm really looking forward to the OctoRex device mmmm... slice 'n' dice...

I still haven't bought Record, since I have Cubase 4, but depending on how good the demos of the 1.5 upgrade, I might just have to get 'em alllllll!...

Kong looks pretty nice too, live sampling ftw! And finally a pitch-correction device...

What y'all think of this WHATWHATWHAAAT?

Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced!

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Chris-V2
Chris-V2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 16:00:54 Reply

Doctor Octo Rex. , the first thing I'm loading into you is "Got Get You Into My Life"!

I'm liking the reversing capabilities, and how little room it'll take up. This thing looks like any sample heavy writers will be having a ball, which is good cause it's something I'm recently very interestedin doing. Infact, they seem to really be trying to push on the sample side of things and they're trying to include a little more record freindly stuff. Which is good.

They've also got a nice fat little Korg ripoff, we'll be programming up some PHAT early hip hop beats in no time!

I think the tuner thing is a little, err, irrelevant. I've never met anyone who uses Reason and doesn't use a seperate program for editing audio tracks. Markets full, guys.

AMP
AMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 16:04:28 Reply

Holy shiatsu!

I wish Neptune was a standalone VST because I find Reason's interface to be really crappy. But damn does Neptune look so freakin awesome!

These are some awesome upgrades from v4

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 16:58:56 Reply

It's about fucking time. I've been expecting rsn 5 since record came out. This time I'm actually willing to buy the damn program.

Just like I did the last time :p

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 17:04:22 Reply

At 5/28/10 04:58 PM, Quarl wrote: It's about fucking time. I've been expecting rsn 5 since record came out.

I've been expecting it since Reason 1 came out ...

say what ???

I'll take a look but somehow the updates of software are too fast these days and I can't keep up with... Am I that old ?

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 17:26:21 Reply

REbirth for the iphone looks awesome

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 17:43:40 Reply

Is it true that only FL studio has a step sequencer? because its a killer feature you'd think another audio program would have picked it up by now.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 17:47:23 Reply

Rucklo, if you think you'll maybe enjoy Record sometime then here's why I just bought it and why I think it's a good deal: The Reason 5 upgrade will cost 129 dollars. Record for Reason owners costs 149 dollars at the moment. Also, if you buy Record anywhere from now until the release of the new upgrades, you will get the Reason 5/Record 1.5 upgrades for free. So you get Record for an extra $20 if you buy it now/soon.

See this and this

Also TimeBender, what do you mean step sequencer? Some of the devices in Reason have step sequencers and there's a step sequencer-esque piano roll mode (drum edit I think it's called)

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 17:54:42 Reply

See this and this

Also TimeBender, what do you mean step sequencer? Some of the devices in Reason have step sequencers and there's a step sequencer-esque piano roll mode (drum edit I think it's called)

Well yes there is a piano roll feature, and there is the redrum. but the simplicity of the one click - multi instrument step sequencer is a real plus for me with fl studio. the step sequencers in reason are far too complex.

p4c
p4c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 20:37:21 Reply

ummm so yeah i just splooged.

JonH2O
JonH2O
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 20:46:02 Reply

Dr. Octo Rex

The upgraded Dr. Octo Rex loop player loads eight REX loops into one player and lets you switch between them on the fly - but playing REX loops is just the start of this device. Your REX loops are about to get tweaked beyond what you thought possible.

Neptune

Propellerhead users have asked for pitch correction software and we have delivered, and then some. Our engineers and developers weren't content to just create a pitch correction device. Neptune is both a pitch correction device, a real-time audio transposer, and a voice synthesizer/harmonizer that will open up new sounds in your tracks.

Blocks

Many musicians tend to think of music in terms like intro, verse, chorus, breakdown, buildup and so on. With the new Blocks mode in Reason 5 and Record 1.5, your sequencer does too.
Blocks lets you sequence your songs using a more pattern-based approach, with the segments of your song as individual building blocks to be laid out in your arrangement.

Live Sampling

Remember the time when samples were something you sampled and not loaded from your hard drive? When a sampler was a machine that could record samples, not just play them back. Live sampling is back. Grab your mic.

Kong

Quite simply, the Kong Drum Designer gives you every conceivable method of making beats. Analog synthesis, physical modeling, sampling, REX loops, tone generators, and effects. If you think Kong looks massive, it is massive.

Sounds really good!

Myspace | Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-28 22:18:29 Reply

Holy shit, can't wait for this :D

VegetarianMeat
VegetarianMeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-05-29 11:33:38 Reply

Awesome, the only thing that would make me happier is if it was released... right now.

>:O

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-06-11 16:32:14 Reply

At 5/28/10 05:43 PM, TimeBender wrote: Is it true that only FL studio has a step sequencer? because its a killer feature you'd think another audio program would have picked it up by now.

ummm, no. all of reasons synths have step sequencers... since v.1... and actually... it's an ollllddd feature thats been on most analog synths since god knows when...

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Gunner-D
Gunner-D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-06-11 18:53:36 Reply

This is great news. I've used 4 occasionally but my mainstay is 3.

Anyone have a figure on how much the package will cost complete?

LJCoffee
LJCoffee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-08-24 23:02:58 Reply

My copy should be here in a day or two.
I think I had more fun with the Record beta than I've had in a while.

(more fun playing with my software... I always have fun playing with my hardware)

I can offer some ftp space if anyone wants to set up a record share/collaboration site. bleh bleh

I cannot give any reasonable guarantee that I'll see any replies immediately so either have patience or email me directly.

you know how to do that, right?

BBS Signature
TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-08-25 08:15:32 Reply

At 6/11/10 04:32 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 5/28/10 05:43 PM, TimeBender wrote: Is it true that only FL studio has a step sequencer? because its a killer feature you'd think another audio program would have picked it up by now.
ummm, no. all of reasons synths have step sequencers... since v.1... and actually... it's an ollllddd feature thats been on most analog synths since god knows when...

Deserved. But what i Meant but did not imply a midi step sequencer that allowed direct optional-to-piano roll song arrangment not a step sequencer that takes midi information then translates to the piano roll.

Example: when you make a step sequences drum beat in fl you not only have the option of separate step sequencing channels you can import it in step sequencer form into the main midi/audio song window(called the playlist in fl studio). Without translating it to pianoroll form. in reason you only have the option to import sequenced patterns into the midi song arrangment window in piano roll form (called the sequencer in reason)

Hope that explains my original intentions.

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-08-25 16:04:36 Reply

I haven't even bought Reason 4 yet :( Looks like I may as well wait a while.

durn
durn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Reason 5 and Record 1.5 announced! 2010-08-26 11:18:05 Reply

I think the tuner thing is a little, err, irrelevant. I've never met anyone who uses Reason and doesn't use a seperate program for editing audio tracks. Markets full, guys.

The auto-tune is a feature of Propellerheads Record. Which -IS- an audio editing program. :P

Reason works -within- Record as a VST of sorts.

I, personally, have been looking forward to this day since May. My copy's in the mail. Can't wait to bust it open. :)