00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cloudy with a chance of Art

23,052 Views | 156 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-06-27 22:46:43

I made this for Chow 38. I went for a 50 inspired style and didn't take my time but just tried to get it done as quickly as I could, so it turned out failry messy and yea... thoughts!?

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-07-14 04:42:48

At 6/25/10 09:10 AM, CloudEater wrote: Wip of some drawing I started doing yesterday, have spend 3+ hours on it already. Just need to do more shading and colouring and stuff I think.

And I have finished this, please GO LOOK AT IT:)

and New art that I have finished > Art Portal

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-07-15 03:29:47

Well I've been wanting to design some t-shirts so I can submit them to Threadless and perhaps make some money. SO! I started just drawing some things and this is what I came up with, I'm not really sure if any of them would really be good on a t-shirt and I think perhaps I should think of the design before I start drawing things... what do you think?

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-07-23 09:37:56

This is some lineArt I drew and have started colouring of my completely original character John Glockswell who does not resemble any copyrighted characters especially any owned by Nintendo.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 08:27:59

Just some sketche of a piece I am working on :)

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 08:48:47

Your art makes me feel that I don't need drugs to further warp reality. Especially that you're posting in a technically repossessed thread.
Great work so far =D

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 08:51:17

At 8/2/10 08:48 AM, Lintire wrote: Your art makes me feel that I don't need drugs to further warp reality.

Same here. I feel I'm in another dimension when I look at cloudy's art. I mean it's abstract, but not that abstract to be considered weird or strange.

I feel so high right now lol.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 09:36:22

Like Lintire has said, you have a very interesting style that warps reality. Most of your images are very colorful and eye-grabbing. Many people wouldn't be able to think so outside the box as you, kudos. You're sense of shading is getting better as well.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 09:39:28

Thanks guys. I often feel like the world is warped and screwed up and... anyway here is more crap that I am working on. I'm really not too fond of the colouring part of things.

also why do you guys have to be the same level and aura! bleh...

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 09:54:11

At 8/2/10 09:39 AM, CloudEater wrote: Thanks guys. I often feel like the world is warped and screwed up and... anyway here is more crap that I am working on. I'm really not too fond of the colouring part of things.
also why do you guys have to be the same level and aura! bleh...

i think when you make the pics B&W like that, it makes it even trippier than if it was colored.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 10:21:34

At 8/2/10 09:54 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: i think when you make the pics B&W like that, it makes it even trippier than if it was colored.

lol, the lineart was actually dark purple but i had saved it as a png so you couldnt see it against the black background which should be transparent but on ms paint it isn't. So i made the lineart white :)

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 14:09:12

I think my mind just broke.

hblthgutuhhhhh...

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-02 20:06:13

At 8/2/10 08:27 AM, CloudEater wrote: Just some sketche of a piece I am working on :)

A naked woman holding a large dildo?

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-04 04:08:29

At 8/2/10 08:06 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/2/10 08:27 AM, CloudEater wrote: Just some sketche of a piece I am working on :)
A naked woman holding a large dildo?

Unfortunately she's not gonna be naked.

...and I made this for HarraH... it's really bad quality but you get the idea hopefully.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-21 06:18:21

I was on iSketch and randomly bumped into JessePants... which was cool. After drawing several things this is how the room looked when everone died.

"oh hey man, your stupid"

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-22 04:43:59

Drew some more Flash sketches last night, some of them imspired by JessePants cos I was watching him draw on iScribble. I'm liking the blue guy, might make a complete picture out of it. What do you people think?

Also Happy Birthday to Koser.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-22 04:56:36

I'll post Antonio here too.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-08-22 09:05:02

A few cliche/catchy statements, a joke or two and your art style and yeah, I think that you could definitly start designing shirts and the like. I've been meaning to get around to it myself, try and do a few cool lookign shirts and stuff on places like Zazzle, but I've never gotten around to it.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-04 02:28:54

At 8/22/10 07:10 AM, Ninjar wrote: You have a great sense of style in your art. It's unique in it's own way and I think you could actually pull off starting your own clothing brand if you tried. Also, you should definitely thoroughly think out what to put on a tshirt or any other product for that matter. The more clever it is, the better chance you have to sell it. I could see you making good sales from drawing celebrities in your own style then adding some humor to it as well.

Hopefully one day I'll have enough time and motivation to try and make my own brand or something. I'm not really too fond of many celebrities so I'd probably have to draw them in not happy ways.

At 8/22/10 09:05 AM, Lintire wrote: A few cliche/catchy statements, a joke or two and your art style and yeah, I think that you could definitly start designing shirts and the like. I've been meaning to get around to it myself, try and do a few cool lookign shirts and stuff on places like Zazzle, but I've never gotten around to it.

I am lacking the jokes and catchy statements. You should get around to it.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-04 02:30:12

At 7/23/10 09:37 AM, CloudEater wrote: This is some lineArt I drew and have started colouring of my completely original character John Glockswell who does not resemble any copyrighted characters especially any owned by Nintendo.

Just line art ^
With base colours attatched
And full shading and texture HERE

...please compare and comment.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-04 02:36:26

This is a wip for my final art piece for school and any well would be greatly appreciated!!

It's going to be a church with a dark, evil looking priest and all the people are scared and odd looking and there will be other weird stuff. I have started by drawing the church, the white lines are just guides. I'm not to sure how to go about colouring it correctly with the light shining through the windows and the light from the candles which I have not yet drawn. So any tips would be good :)

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-04 09:40:49

At 9/4/10 06:32 AM, Ninjar wrote: I kind of got carried away lol but I did this to show you because sometimes I'm horrible at explaining things. :P I rearranged the layout of the picture to give it a sense of composition. I did the lighting to where there aren't any lights inside the building....

That is quite helpful and good and now I'm gonna have a hard time making mine look nearly as good as this. It's quite similar to the idea I had, although I didn't really have a compete idea yet. I think the yellow glow looks really good so I might do that instead of white/blue light like I probably would have done. Thanks for the help, I'll definitely be using this as a reference/guide.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 05:44:55

I have many crappy flash drawings so I'll just try and post them all whenever NG lets me.

I think this is inspired by Rutger...

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 05:48:00

I originally drew this in maths class with a black pen and thought it was good and abstract like so brought the drawing home and redrew it on flash.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 06:37:35

I think this one is quite good, I might make something complete out of this one, or perhaps the one above.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 06:40:00

I like this character, I should learn how to draw characters with normal length necks. I just find it hard to make the head look like it's in the right spot and by making the neck long I don't have to worry about having the to draw the body behind/around the head.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 06:46:13

Some weird character of unknown gender...

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 07:49:58

I'm not sure...

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 07:52:05

An eye and a slightly jessePants influenced character.

Response to Cloudy with a chance of Art 2010-09-24 07:54:13

This is Edber Walton, there is a room in his nose...