Be a Supporter!

Majestic Bob's thread

  • 32,157 Views
  • 509 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 00:43:53 Reply

At 5/27/10 12:30 AM, MajesticBob wrote: WIP uh... NSFW?

ooh hey..... boobs.....
any way I took a look and decided to try and help you out.
the head is kind of shaped weird so you need to work with that, and work on the smoothness of your line work. being rough like this is taking away from the sexiness.

example provided
it's probably more informative.... my shoulders are a little wide though.....

Majestic Bob's thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 00:50:41 Reply

At 5/27/10 12:43 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 12:30 AM, MajesticBob wrote: WIP uh... NSFW?
ooh hey..... boobs.....
any way I took a look and decided to try and help you out.
the head is kind of shaped weird so you need to work with that, and work on the smoothness of your line work. being rough like this is taking away from the sexiness.

example provided
it's probably more informative.... my shoulders are a little wide though.....

Did.. Did you make her boobs bigger? Size isn't everything. Granted it's like the top ten, but not everything. Glad for the help but it seems every time I go out of my comfort zone, you swoop in like the boss from office space "yeah were just gonna move your art to the basement. K? Mmmm... I'm gonna have to borrow this." O-ok b-but that's that's my s-s-stapler. o-ok, but I'm gonna burn the tread down. Just kidding. I know you mean to help and believe me you have. Alot.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 00:53:44 Reply

At 5/27/10 12:50 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I know you mean to help and believe me you have. Alot.

I feel like I'm about to get fired.
Actually I didn't mess with the boobs at all.
I just tried to do a basic frame

I have a habit of outlining the bottom of the sternum on ribs as well the collar bone

and some skin parts...


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 00:59:29 Reply

At 5/27/10 12:53 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 12:50 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I know you mean to help and believe me you have. Alot.
I feel like I'm about to get fired.
Actually I didn't mess with the boobs at all.
I just tried to do a basic frame
I have a habit of outlining the bottom of the sternum on ribs as well the collar bone
and some skin parts..

Nah, Your a big help. Its just you keep pointing stuff out and I'm Like "Damn! How did I miss that?"

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:02:10 Reply

At 5/27/10 12:59 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Nah, Your a big help. Its just you keep pointing stuff out and I'm Like "Damn! How did I miss that?"

So I'm not fired Mr. Trump?

sorry the set up was too good.

lol Actually, now that the booze is taking effect I notice that the right shoulder I drew is a little far out... might want to take it in a little


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:04:47 Reply

At 5/27/10 01:02 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 12:59 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Nah, Your a big help. Its just you keep pointing stuff out and I'm Like "Damn! How did I miss that?"
So I'm not fired Mr. Trump?
sorry the set up was too good.
lol Actually, now that the booze is taking effect I notice that the right shoulder I drew is a little far out... might want to take it in a little

Also Why did you circle her crotch? I know it's part of the frame. Still funny though.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:09:45 Reply

At 5/27/10 01:04 AM, MajesticBob wrote:
Also Why did you circle her crotch? I know it's part of the frame. Still funny though.

lol >.>.... nah it's the hips.... yeah the hips.....

I haven't been laid in a while ok?.... is that a problem

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:12:05 Reply

At 5/27/10 01:09 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 01:04 AM, MajesticBob wrote:
Also Why did you circle her crotch? I know it's part of the frame. Still funny though.
lol >.>.... nah it's the hips.... yeah the hips.....
I haven't been laid in a while ok?.... is that a problem

Not for me. High Five!

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:17:54 Reply

At 5/27/10 01:12 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Not for me. High Five!

High Five!
..... still kind of a bad out look for me though >.>..... used to get so much in high school :(
man how the times have changed...
anyway back on to boobs....

yes, boobs...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:24:19 Reply

Boobs are teh awesome. I agree. I'll work more on smoothing her out (*childish giggling*) later. I'm all hopped up on Night quill and might crash at any moment.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:26:39 Reply

At 5/27/10 01:24 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Boobs are teh awesome. I agree. I'll work more on smoothing her out (*childish giggling*) later. I'm all hopped up on Night quill and might crash at any moment.

well what I'm drinking will probably make me worse than better, but good luck and good luck

damn I am riding the delete key tonight....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 01:59:28 Reply

There's a female anatomy tutorial in that link ashman left on the first page.

PixelCake
PixelCake
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 02:09:03 Reply

my boobies senses were tingling.
what'd i miss? :o


Your resident cutie patootie!

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 02:24:49 Reply

At 5/27/10 02:09 AM, PixelCake wrote: what'd i miss? :o

boobies....

that is all....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 14:16:02 Reply

Sure, no one really comes to my thread, but mention "boobies" and they come a runnin' J/K lol.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 14:29:17 Reply

I can't help but notice that every third post in this thread is by you, Kinsei ...

Any particular reason why?

At 5/27/10 02:24 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: boobies....
that is all....

...
Maybe I shouldn't have asked ...


BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 14:43:40 Reply

you need to be a deviant art member i think but heres what jonny was talking about....here

heres the whole thing......here

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 14:52:42 Reply

At 5/27/10 02:16 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Sure, no one really comes to my thread, but mention "boobies" and they come a runnin' J/K lol.

just gotta know how to appeal to the masses :D


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 15:08:06 Reply

At 5/27/10 02:52 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 02:16 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Sure, no one really comes to my thread, but mention "boobies" and they come a runnin' J/K lol.
just gotta know how to appeal to the masses :D

said boobies, and got pixelcake in here, i think theres something going on here

and no it didnt call her, due to her confession of non existant twins

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 19:43:00 Reply

Oy. This pic is starting to annoy me. I can't seem to get it right.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 19:44:38 Reply

At 5/27/10 07:43 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Oy. This pic is starting to annoy me. I can't seem to get it right.

what ya having problem with?


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 20:14:31 Reply

At 5/27/10 07:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 07:43 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Oy. This pic is starting to annoy me. I can't seem to get it right.
what ya having problem with?

The head/face and the boobies. Also I have no idea how to smooth out my line work. Everything I try comes out rough.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 20:33:03 Reply

At 5/27/10 08:14 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 5/27/10 07:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/27/10 07:43 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Oy. This pic is starting to annoy me. I can't seem to get it right.
what ya having problem with?
The head/face and the boobies. Also I have no idea how to smooth out my line work. Everything I try comes out rough.

well one way to kind of help smooth things out is to draw bigger, What size of paper are you drawing this on? And how big are you drawing it.

As for the head, Always start with a light circle. Work it slowly and add on a jaw. Don't be conserned with features yet, that will come later.
As for the breast. One way is to think of them as water drops.

I read it in a book once....

the from there rough in the nipple but very lightly since later on you'll actually define them with shadows and sanding, not with lines. Perhaps this will help

although it is very rough and simple.....

Majestic Bob's thread


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 20:39:06 Reply

At 5/27/10 08:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: As for the breast. One way is to think of them as water drops. Perhaps this will help

wow, as random as it wAs at first (imo) that was a very good example
however, i prefer just using circles ;o

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 20:40:11 Reply

I drew it on 8.5x11. It's roughly 6x8

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 20:51:37 Reply

At 5/27/10 08:39 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 5/27/10 08:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: As for the breast. One way is to think of them as water drops. Perhaps this will help
wow, as random as it wAs at first (imo) that was a very good example
however, i prefer just using circles ;o

Circles, tear drops, mole hills, Bazookas, I don't care :P

At 5/27/10 08:40 PM, MajesticBob wrote: I drew it on 8.5x11. It's roughly 6x8

Thats not a bad size, but don't be afraid to use all 8.5 x 11


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 20:55:08 Reply

At 5/27/10 08:39 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 5/27/10 08:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: As for the breast. One way is to think of them as water drops. Perhaps this will help
wow, as random as it wAs at first (imo) that was a very good example
however, i prefer just using circles ;o

yeah most people forget kinsei can actually draw and has some wisdom in the subject so does actually know what hes talking about from time to time

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-27 21:10:04 Reply

At 5/27/10 08:55 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 5/27/10 08:39 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 5/27/10 08:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: As for the breast. One way is to think of them as water drops. Perhaps this will help
wow, as random as it wAs at first (imo) that was a very good example
however, i prefer just using circles ;o
yeah most people forget kinsei can actually draw and has some wisdom in the subject so does actually know what hes talking about from time to time

I can draw?
Who told you this.... they are a liar. Liar!!!!!!!


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-28 21:51:19 Reply

WIP2.0 Ok I think I fixed the Head/face. The chest could use some more lovin's. But My line art still as rough as a pirates peg leg. I'm gettin'n there.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Majestic Bob's thread 2010-05-28 23:10:16 Reply

At 5/28/10 09:51 PM, MajesticBob wrote: WIP2.0 Ok I think I fixed the Head/face. The chest could use some more lovin's. But My line art still as rough as a pirates peg leg. I'm gettin'n there.

but aren't wooden peg legs suppose to be straight?
Jokes aside since I'm suppose to be a serious poster for the next week.

Glad to hear you feel like you are getting the problems solved, but I you for got the wip picture.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature