00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread

35,688 Views | 710 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 10:57:52

At 6/16/10 10:56 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/16/10 10:51 AM, simon wrote: Nintendo pretty much failed for not announcing Pokemon Black + White in the 3DS conference.
Maybe they didn't want any excited nerds having heart attacks.

I would've been one of those.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 12:07:06

At 6/16/10 07:54 AM, Jackho wrote: Tactical Espionage Action: Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater: The Naked Sample

I love Metal Gear, but that has got to be the most retarded game title ever.

Don't worry. Everybody is going to just call it Metal Gear Solid 3DS.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 12:22:39

At 6/16/10 08:17 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: lolis being molested by virtual tigers.

That part of the video made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 12:23:44

My impressions so far

3DS - Fuck yes. One of the things I was xpecting to be the least excited about has completely won me over. It apparently works fantastically, it has big first party games, there are big third party games, and they've kept news of shitty shovelware to a complete minimum. Nintendo won me over with games, games, and more games.

Kinect - A thousand times fuck no. This is Microsoft's Sega CD. It's a good idea, but developers aren't going to know do with it, it's too much of an investment to draw in the people who don't already have a 360, it's not enough align with the philosophy of the 360 to draw in the current crowd, and as an add-on to an existing console it's not going to get the attention it needs to evolve as it's own platform and that's exactly what it need to be.

Plus to add insult to injury the shitty line up of games makes it look more like a Wii rip-off than Move, an actual Wii rip-off. The ability use it as a controller in the menu with voice controls is neat. But I'm not dropping 150 bucks for that. Where's the integration with the biggest titles? Why isn't there Kinect function for the new Halo? I know you want Kinect to be it's own thing, but that's exactly the kind of thing you need for people to want it. Especially when the things killer-app is pet the kitty.

Move - It's not as obnoxious as Kinect. It's seems to be solidly integrated with existing games that you don't need it for, something the Kinect should be doing. I think, like Microsoft, Sony shouldn't be attempting to add a massive new control style, but this looks like it'll have a burst of support that will trickle off through the systems lifespan. Kinect on the other hand is something Microsoft is going to support to the bitter end.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 13:15:12

Anyone else here psyched about Skyward Sword?

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 13:56:31

At 6/16/10 01:07 PM, Liquify wrote: If Microsoft had James Cameron endorse Kinect, the gaming world would change... Motion control would rule, because everything he touches... turns to gold.

James Cameron should endorse anti-kinect lol.

Didn't James Cameron lose to his ex-wife?

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 14:33:48

I just realized that Microsoft hired Justin Bieber and Icarly to push Kinect.

That's a guaranteed 5 million sold right there just because they are endorsing it. Little kids love them right?

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 14:41:07

At 6/16/10 01:15 PM, onilink19 wrote: Anyone else here psyched about Skyward Sword?

I am. The impressionist graphics are nice, the controls look awesome, and we still don't know much about the game's overall structure.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 14:47:47

At 6/16/10 02:33 PM, Yokumashu wrote: I just realized that Microsoft hired Justin Bieber and Icarly to push Kinect.

That's a guaranteed 5 million sold right there just because they are endorsing it. Little kids love them right?

For the people that don't watch E3, Kinect will probably be a success. Microsoft's conference felt like a failure to us because we care about the classic "hardcore" games and not the stupid motion control thing that took resources and time away from other games.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 14:52:59

I just watched the Kinect thing, that thing was fucking pre-rendered.

All least Move looks like it works.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:13:42

At 6/16/10 02:47 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: For the people that don't watch E3, Kinect will probably be a success. Microsoft's conference felt like a failure to us because we care about the classic "hardcore" games and not the stupid motion control thing that took resources and time away from other games.

I'm still calling Sega CD in the Kinect. Cheap casual games are fine, but will the kind of crowd who's looking for a casual experience want to buy a system, then buy an add-on to play the casual games when the Wii already has brand-association with casual games at a cheaper base price? I don't see it happening.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:26:28

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:28:21

At 6/16/10 02:52 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote: I just watched the Kinect thing, that thing was fucking pre-rendered.

All least Move looks like it works.

All Move looks like is you're holding your wifes two massive dildos.
And that's FACT.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:39:53

At 6/16/10 02:47 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Microsoft's conference felt like a failure to us because we care about the classic "hardcore" games and not the stupid motion control thing that took resources and time away from other games.

Oh, and that crowd that only cares about "hardcore" games, those are the people who own 360s. I bought a 360 because I wanted to play Call of Duty over Wii Sports. To release an add-on to your system that's a major focus of your time, energy, and resources and then completely leave gamers like me out of it, that's a fucking insult. Those are the people who are going to be the earliest adopters, who should be the people out there on day one waiting in the rain for this.

Yeah there's a solid line up of "hardcore" games for the base Xbox still, but when the Kinect is supposed to be such an integral part of the evolving Xbox exprience it's almost inconceivable that there are no games for the Kinect targeted at 360's core audience.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:45:20

At 6/16/10 04:39 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 6/16/10 02:47 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Microsoft's conference felt like a failure to us because we care about the classic "hardcore" games and not the stupid motion control thing that took resources and time away from other games.
Oh, and that crowd that only cares about "hardcore" games, those are the people who own 360s. I bought a 360 because I wanted to play Call of Duty over Wii Sports. To release an add-on to your system that's a major focus of your time, energy, and resources and then completely leave gamers like me out of it, that's a fucking insult. Those are the people who are going to be the earliest adopters, who should be the people out there on day one waiting in the rain for this.

I'm pretty sure you just repeated exactly what I said.

Yeah there's a solid line up of "hardcore" games for the base Xbox still, but when the Kinect is supposed to be such an integral part of the evolving Xbox exprience it's almost inconceivable that there are no games for the Kinect targeted at 360's core audience.

The only "hardcore" games they showed off was Forza Kinect and the Star Wars game which is Microsoft Game Studios and Lucas Arts working together. Neither one really impressed or interested me

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:47:03

At 6/16/10 04:39 PM, Jercurpac wrote: it's almost inconceivable that there are no games for the Kinect targeted at 360's core audience.

And because I know I'm going to get shit on this there's Star Wars, but that's clearly not going to be a launch title and it's getting the Killzone 2 treatment so that means developers are behind on adapting this technology beyond simple casual games which only confirms my suspicious that we're not ready to take advantage of this kind of technology yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:50:30

At 6/16/10 10:51 AM, simon wrote: Nintendo pretty much failed for not announcing Pokemon Black + White in the 3DS conference.

They probably thought everybody would start feinting if they showed another popular franchise game plus they were running short on time as it was.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:50:44

At 6/16/10 04:45 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I'm pretty sure you just repeated exactly what I said.

Sorry, but it sounded like you were being sarcastic. Like, I didn't get it because I'm a jaded hardcore gamer and I should learn to accept the changing face of gaming.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 16:53:13

At 6/16/10 04:50 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 6/16/10 04:45 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I'm pretty sure you just repeated exactly what I said.
Sorry, but it sounded like you were being sarcastic. Like, I didn't get it because I'm a jaded hardcore gamer and I should learn to accept the changing face of gaming.

It's alright man. I agree with you completely. E3 is for people like us, not small little kids and grandmothers. If you want to do that, fine. Just don't take away my form of entertainment. They should focus more on the "hardcore" and E3 and then just buy a slot on Oprah and release a bunch of YouTube videos on Kinect. That is the real way to connect to the audience they're aiming for.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 17:12:32

At 6/16/10 04:53 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: They should focus more on the "hardcore" and E3 and then just buy a slot on Oprah and release a bunch of YouTube videos on Kinect. That is the real way to connect to the audience they're aiming for.

I agree, what grandmother or soccer mom even knows about E3?

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 17:14:19

At 6/16/10 04:28 PM, simon wrote:
At 6/16/10 02:52 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote:
All Move looks like is you're holding your wifes two massive dildos.
And that's FACT.

Wow
People are still making that old 'joke'
Poor effort, your just butthurt because Kinect is badly made and the games for it are aimed at 8 year olds who will get a Wii anyway.

PSN ID - Pyr0hawk (Thats a zero btw)

Currently Playing - Mass Effect 2 (PC)

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 17:16:37

At 6/16/10 05:12 PM, fawnret wrote:
At 6/16/10 04:53 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: They should focus more on the "hardcore" and E3 and then just buy a slot on Oprah and release a bunch of YouTube videos on Kinect. That is the real way to connect to the audience they're aiming for.
I agree, what grandmother or soccer mom even knows about E3?

Well it appears on the news every year so they would probably know.

Oh wait, moms? They would definitely know because their kids are probably scream and raving about it.

OMG GEARZ OF WAAAAGH GUIZE!?!?! WTF IZ DIS KINTECTIMALZ SHIT LOOKS GAY LOLOLOL.
Billy shut the fuck up before I beat you to death again.
Yes mommy.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 17:24:07

Oh boy Goldeneye.......yup.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 18:07:56

At 6/16/10 05:41 PM, psychicpebble wrote: >Purchase a $300 Playstation3, and then buy the Move which is around $100.
Final pricetag - $400 for Motion Control

PS Move has been announced to be about $50.
I know it hardly changes the fact that Move and Kinect are hardly a threat to the Wii, but just saying.

PSN ID - Pyr0hawk (Thats a zero btw)

Currently Playing - Mass Effect 2 (PC)

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 18:17:40

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet.

You have to stand up.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Looks like MS will be backing out of the console business soon.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 18:22:38

rage looks like fallout but with better graphics

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 19:34:30

Can someone give me a rundown of the Konami press conference? People have been saying that it was pathetically bad, even worse than Ubisoft.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-16 21:05:55

At 6/16/10 07:34 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Can someone give me a rundown of the Konami press conference? People have been saying that it was pathetically bad, even worse than Ubisoft.

I'll do my best, based on the news I've read.

First, Konami babbled on about some of their many franchises. THey then talked about Def Jam Rapstar, a music game. Then, they showed a Mexican wrestling game, followed by a sequel to the Saw game that nobody liked. After that, they showed a sequel to Ninety-Nine Nights, another game nobody liked, and some anime/JRPG looking Gradius style shooter. Things went downhill again when they talked about Kinect, Deca Sports, and Beyblade. At that point, they showed a strange platforming game called Lost in Shadow for the Wii, where you play as a shadow. Another Silent Hill was announced, as well as Never Dead, a Devil May Cry clone. They wrapped up with Metal Gear Solid Rising, the 2D multiplayer Castlevania, and Lord of Shadows.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-17 01:04:47

Konami also has a dancing game coming out for the Kinect. I really don't think having 2 dance-themed games coming out early on in Kinect's life will be good for either game.

Also, I've just realized a great way to piss off everyone who owns a kinect. Anytime they are playing a game, walk into the room and say "Xbox, shut down."

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-06-17 01:14:16

At 6/16/10 07:34 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Can someone give me a rundown of the Konami press conference? People have been saying that it was pathetically bad, even worse than Ubisoft.

NO. Konami's press conference is something everyone needs to watch. Here's a link to a repeating stream for those that haven't seen it.

The actual game parts are kind of boring, but there are so many LOL's in this conference it's unbelievable. Here's the main stuff, but there's some other funnies as well.

Konami wins E3.

Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature