00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread

35,507 Views | 710 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

WARNING: THIS THREAD COULD SPOIL SURPRISES FOR E3 AND SHOULD ONLY BE READ AND/OR POSTED IN BY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW AND KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. DON'T BE STUPID. OR I'LL BEAT YOU UP OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

This thread is to discuss predictions, announcements, rumors and aftermath of E3.

E3 2009 Discussion Thread
E3 2008 Discussion Thread

Just like in previous years, it is time for the annual E3 discussion topic. This year could be a landmark E3 with all the potential announcements and revelations of things to come for our beloved console. I will provide as much information that I can pre, during and post E3 about the announcements. Feel free to add content that I or somebody else skipped over.

The event will is dated for June 15th-17th. Mark your calendars.

Please keep it clean and don't start any trouble.

Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 15:35:48

I'm looking damn forward to it, do we know who has the floor on what days yet?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 15:37:56

Just so happens to air during times where I'm in school. Ends the day before my first exam.

I hate watching things late and then coming to the thread all like, "oh, you already discussed this." It's what happened last year. I had to watch reruns of the show, and ended up missing most of Microsoft's.

Goddammit!

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 15:39:46

I'm fairly certain I'm on Study leave at those days.

Did you just post this thread in /v/ SMC?

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 15:48:30

Does Spike have this broadcasted as well?
I have Dish and we don't have G4, so hopefully I can still see it on TV.

I know I could youtube it, but are there any other official places?

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 15:50:04

At 5/13/10 03:35 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: I'm looking damn forward to it, do we know who has the floor on what days yet?

Microsoft's conference(s):

They're going completely balls to the wall this year and are hosting two events. The first one is held Sunday the 13 and is the world wide revel of "Project Natal". "The World Premiere 'Project Natal' for Xbox 360" experience, as imagined by Cirque du Soleil airs commercial-free on MTV, Tuesday, June 15 at 3:30 p.m. EDT, and on Nick at Nite, mtvU, MTV Hits and Logo, Tuesday, June 15, at 9 p.m. EDT.

In addition to that, SPIKE TV will be the exclusive broadcast home for the Xbox 360 E3 Media Briefing. Set to air live and commercial-free in high-definition on Monday, June 14, at 1:30 p.m. EDT GameTrailers will stream have a live stream of both events the website.

Sony:
Tuesday, June 15th at 11:30AM PST, is when Sony is holding their annual E3 press conference

Nintendo:
the action starts at 9am PDT on June 15th.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 16:05:05

Anyone know if Microsoft could be allowing us to stream the E3 conference through your xbox 360? That would be fucking wicked

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 16:26:26

Obvious things to be revealed/referenced:

Xbox 360 Slim
Halo: Reach
Gears of War 3
Guitar Hero 6
DJ Hero 2
Rock Band 3
Crackdown 2
Dead Space 2 Teaser
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Dreamcast Games on XBLA
MS Bragging about Halo 2 in some form

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 16:51:26

Isn't saints row 3 supposed to be announced at E3?

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 16:57:35

At 5/13/10 04:51 PM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: Isn't saints row 3 supposed to be announced at E3?

I would hope not

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 17:01:36

At 5/13/10 04:57 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 5/13/10 04:51 PM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: Isn't saints row 3 supposed to be announced at E3?
I would hope not

Why? both saints row and saints row 2 were great games (but NEVER better than gta) so i don't see how sr3 would be worse.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 18:07:45

This has to be the first E3 I'm not totally pumped and excited about. I mean, I'll watch the G4 coverage, etc, but there isn't really anything I'm looking forward to be announced/showed off there.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 18:18:39

At 5/13/10 03:50 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: They're going completely balls to the wall this year and are hosting two events. The first one is held Sunday the 13 and is the world wide revel of "Project Natal". "The World Premiere 'Project Natal' for Xbox 360" experience, as imagined by Cirque du Soleil airs commercial-free on MTV, Tuesday, June 15 at 3:30 p.m. EDT, and on Nick at Nite, mtvU, MTV Hits and Logo, Tuesday, June 15, at 9 p.m. EDT.

I don't think the Project Natal "conference" is actually a conference. Also it will not be shwon on TV since they are banning video's/pictures aren't they. They were getting a lot of flak about that a few weeks ago so they might have changed their minds.

I'm pretty sure E3 will go something like this.

Nintendo
Shows some gameplay of the new Zelda game
Allows user to try out an Metroid Other M
Nintendo 3DS stuff, probably a big game will be announced along with it.
Some more random Wii Add-ons
They'll announce a few good games, and tons of shovelware. :(

Microsoft
The Natal showing, obviously.
I'm expect to see Halo and Gears of War 3 plastered all over their conference.
Probably announce that 343 studios is working on another Halo game.
Announce some upcoming timed exclusives.
IF they can get Agent to go multi-platform, that'd probably be huge. I doubt it'll happen though.
Bring re-vamped goldeneye to XBLA. I don't think this is legally possibly though, but who knows.
Some more info on MGS: Rising
I'm also expecting MS to host most of the multiplatform game trailers.

Sony
Playstation Move - obviously.
A bunch of 3D stuff.
Gran Turismo 5 Release date
Showing of Agent gameplay/trailer.
Announcement of EITHER resistance 3 or Killzone 3. I don't think they'll announce both at E3.
Bully 2 timed exclusivity.
LittleBigPlanet 2 stuff.
Some PSP announcements. Maybe some changes, or a new model.
The Last Guardian Release date.

As for other announcements. I'm expecting Dreamcast games coming out for both PSN and XBLA. PSN will have some exclusives regarding these games though.

By the way, this is going to be an interesting E3, Sony and Nintendo are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. There stands are literally facing each other. I'm hoping that there will be some crazy fanboys thrown into the mix that will instigate something.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 18:39:53

Some of the things I look most forward to hear about must be:

Playstation Move
Zelda Wii
StarWars: The Force Unleashed 2
Gran Turismo 5
Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Project Natal
Pokemon Black & White

in this order

I think E3 will be great. Perhaps something really unexpected will appear

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-13 20:04:38

Ahh, E3. Be sure to put up a link to where I can see the Presentations live once you find it.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 01:46:33

At 5/13/10 06:18 PM, Yokumashu wrote: I don't think the Project Natal "conference" is actually a conference. Also it will not be shwon on TV since they are banning video's/pictures aren't they. They were getting a lot of flak about that a few weeks ago so they might have changed their minds.

It is a conference, just not their official E3 one. They're showing off Project Natal to the world and are separating from their main E3 one. The Natal showing is E and the E3 conference is 18+. They will indeed be showing it on T.V., it has been confirmed by Microsoft. The reason they didn't want any cameras at the event is because they want people to watch it on T.V. in its true form.

I'm pretty sure E3 will go something like this.

Nintendo
Shows some gameplay of the new Zelda game
Allows user to try out an Metroid Other M
Nintendo 3DS stuff, probably a big game will be announced along with it.
Some more random Wii Add-ons
They'll announce a few good games, and tons of shovelware. :(

Microsoft
The Natal showing, obviously.
I'm expect to see Halo and Gears of War 3 plastered all over their conference.
Probably announce that 343 studios is working on another Halo game.
Announce some upcoming timed exclusives.
IF they can get Agent to go multi-platform, that'd probably be huge. I doubt it'll happen though.
Bring re-vamped goldeneye to XBLA. I don't think this is legally possibly though, but who knows.
Some more info on MGS: Rising
I'm also expecting MS to host most of the multiplatform game trailers.

Sony
Playstation Move - obviously.
A bunch of 3D stuff.
Gran Turismo 5 Release date
Showing of Agent gameplay/trailer.
Announcement of EITHER resistance 3 or Killzone 3. I don't think they'll announce both at E3.
Bully 2 timed exclusivity.
LittleBigPlanet 2 stuff.
Some PSP announcements. Maybe some changes, or a new model.
The Last Guardian Release date.

As for other announcements. I'm expecting Dreamcast games coming out for both PSN and XBLA. PSN will have some exclusives regarding these games though.

By the way, this is going to be an interesting E3, Sony and Nintendo are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. There stands are literally facing each other. I'm hoping that there will be some crazy fanboys thrown into the mix that will instigate something.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 01:49:29

At 5/13/10 05:01 PM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: Why? both saints row and saints row 2 were great games (but NEVER better than gta)

WHAT!?

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 10:25:28

At 5/13/10 06:18 PM, Yokumashu wrote: Some more info on MGS: Rising

This and Pokemon Black and White are all I'm looking forward to in E3. How sad.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 14:29:52

At 5/14/10 01:49 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:
At 5/13/10 05:01 PM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: Why? both saints row and saints row 2 were great games (but NEVER better than gta)
WHAT!?

what?

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 15:03:54

This year is going to be all about motion controls for Sony and Microsoft. They'll show their Gran Turismo and Halo respectively, and get a bunch of applause. The real battle will to complete two tasks.

1) Convince hardcores that their FPS's will be improved by motion controls
2) Convince Casuals that their Motion Controls are significantly better than Nintendo's

Nintendo's situation is a bit different. It is unlikely that they will reveal any unseen new hardware. They will have three missions.

1) Wow the crowds with their games, both announced and unannounced (possibly a trio of Zelda, Pikmin, and Kirby)
2) Try to convince everyone that 3rd parties do in fact make games for the Wii
3) Introduce a new casual game that incorporates the Vitality sensor, which will overshadow the HD twins motion controls.

I'd say the initiative lies with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo is on the defense.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 16:14:45

At 5/14/10 03:03 PM, Salnax wrote: This year is going to be all about motion controls for Sony and Microsoft. They'll show their Gran Turismo and Halo respectively, and get a bunch of applause. The real battle will to complete two tasks.

1) Convince hardcores that their FPS's will be improved by motion controls
2) Convince Casuals that their Motion Controls are significantly better than Nintendo's

Nintendo's situation is a bit different. It is unlikely that they will reveal any unseen new hardware. They will have three missions.

1) Wow the crowds with their games, both announced and unannounced (possibly a trio of Zelda, Pikmin, and Kirby)
2) Try to convince everyone that 3rd parties do in fact make games for the Wii
3) Introduce a new casual game that incorporates the Vitality sensor, which will overshadow the HD twins motion controls.

I'd say the initiative lies with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo is on the defense.

Well one thing I like about Microsoft's set up is that it looks like they're separating Natal and their main conference. If you look at the description for the conferences the Natal one is rated E, while the main conference is 18+. This gives me hope that for the most part, the bullshit "try and get the whole family to play" games will be shown on Sunday night.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 16:51:43

At 5/13/10 04:26 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Obvious things to be revealed/referenced:

Xbox 360 Slim

Really??

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 17:09:01

Reporting live from the floor to bring you the hottest gaming news. What do you have for us Don?

Well, it seems that Microsoft is now changing their entire name to Microhard which goes along with the new motto "So hard, your asshole will be left a bloody chaffed mess." Fanboys are ecstatic about the change while anti fanboys are all blindly calling the fanboys blind followers to a fake idol company.

Nintendo has declared that they really don't enjoy making games for screaming Zelda and Mario fanboys anymore and the entire company has decided switch its focus from game making to becoming an airport parking lot service provider. The story from the top Nintendo brass is that they feel that having a man in a Mario costume park your car will give travelers peace of mind when leaving their vehicles there for a few days.

Finally, Sony has revealed that they are in fact designing a new line of adult dildo products. It seems that the motion controller was such a hit with various online adult communities such as VGdildos.com that Sony felt it would be profitable to move in that direction. Consumer testing up to this point has come back positive and the various toys such as Nathen Drake's Wang, and the cleverly named Sackboy. The products are set to release this fall.

That's all for now from the E3 floor. More to come as the stories develop. Back to you Diane.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 17:19:26

I think it's safe to say that Sony will announce inFamous 2 at E3 this year, as well as Killzone 3. They're also probably going to show off more footage of LittleBigPlanet 2 and PlayStation Move, which will probably be interesting.

All I really want though is for Atlus to announce Persona 5 for the PS3. They've already said that a new Persona game was in development, but they never said if it was a sequel or another remake. Right now I'm expecting a remake of Persona 2 for the PSP, but hopefully a true sequel will come out too.

Also, Demon's Souls 2 would be nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 17:22:38

New Zelda amd the Nintendo 3DS would do it for me.

Arkham Asylum 2 news would be great, and news about improvements to Live, since XBox support is now dropped may be interesting.

Also Portal 2 and HL2Ep3 would make me weep with joy (well I know Portal 2 will be demoed there anyway due to the joke BSOD at Gabe's GDC speech)

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-14 20:57:24

At 5/14/10 05:18 PM, IAmDiane wrote: We'll try to keep you filled in as more delicious details come our way!

And now to Ollie for the weather report! Ollie?

IT GON' RAIN!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-15 13:31:02

At 5/14/10 05:22 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: New Zelda amd the Nintendo 3DS would do it for me.

I'm really hoping that the Nintendo 3DS will have a built-in hard drive and support digital distribution for its games as well as audio and video playback. I really like the idea of having my entire game collection with me at all times, rather than being forced to carry cartridges around. Also, it's nice to be able to listen to my own music and watch videos.

Also, the new Zelda will probably be awesome like always, but hopefully they'll make some big changes to the game in order to make it feel fresh. We need some new ideas, like the ones that were introduced in Majora's Mask.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-15 13:38:09

I'm watching Nintendo and Sony very closely, there next moves in the handheld market could have huge reprocussions, especially for Sony, who are due to announce their PSP2, if it turns out they still haven't learned that affordability > technology and the importance of innovation in the system, then they might lose the handheld market, AGAIN, and if that happens, I think they'll eventually have to draw out of the market completely.

As for Nintendo, if they lose the handheld market, which is a very huge source of income for them, then they'll be looking at a dark new chapter in their lives as the Wii becomes increasingly obsolete with Natal coming out in the Fall.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-15 21:22:25

One of the rumored big games from Sony is called "Until Dawn". Some people say it is going to be a Vampire MMO? Who knows. We will have to wait and find out I guess.

Response to Official E3 2010 Discussion Thread 2010-05-15 21:26:24

I just want to know more about Last Guardian

All my spending this year has revolved around having enough for last Guardian in November