00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HatofInquiry just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

scientist character WIP

717 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

scientist character WIP 2010-05-12 03:17:23

just an rough animated character on 1s. i see a lot of errors in it but it could use critiques even though i'm probably not going to change anything drastically aside from polishing it later.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1121 0b891935727136d55a5a740f38e3

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-12 03:22:08

At 5/12/10 03:17 AM, Starogre wrote: just an rough animated character on 1s. i see a lot of errors in it but it could use critiques even though i'm probably not going to change anything drastically aside from polishing it later.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1121 0b891935727136d55a5a740f38e3

Want a clean version! :D

Lookin rad <3 theres a bit of wobbling but i mean that wouldn't be there in a final ver

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-12 03:44:56

I think the character recovers a bit to fast from the shock. Either that or the take isn't big enough. Perhaps if you are going for a bigger laugh you could launch the character off the screen and have him come back all frazzled. Then he composes himself.

Overall not bad, but nothing truly awesome yet.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-12 06:52:10

damn brilliant, excelent work!

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-16 16:59:35

Wow...wow...

I am so hip.

BBS Signature

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-16 19:30:34

Very shakey, and there seems to be gaps in lines a lot..?

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-16 22:57:23

I like the anticipation there before he plugs in the wires, but overall it feels a bit restricted. As said before his reaction to being shocked is underplayed. The proportion skews here and there, but overall it's pretty consistent. Nice job, but could use some changes.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-17 00:36:47

At 5/16/10 10:57 PM, PBass wrote: I like the anticipation there before he plugs in the wires, but overall it feels a bit restricted. As said before his reaction to being shocked is underplayed. The proportion skews here and there, but overall it's pretty consistent. Nice job, but could use some changes.

Thanks! I really want to polish it but after seeing everything i did wrong after i finish the rough animation it's going to be hard to motivate myself to.

I'm still trying to figure out keyframing. I lay down the key poses but spacing the inbetween keyframes in there is hard to do to find the right pacing and plan for later. Gotta figure out a better way than what I did for this...

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to scientist character WIP 2010-05-17 00:43:53

At 5/17/10 12:36 AM, Starogre wrote: I'm still trying to figure out keyframing. I lay down the key poses but spacing the inbetween keyframes in there is hard to do to find the right pacing and plan for later. Gotta figure out a better way than what I did for this...

Yeah it's tricky. But two of the best things you can do for yourself is act it out and create thumbnails. Some animators suggest thumbnailing your action out three or more different ways to see which works best. I like to keep a small animation chart scribbled somewhere that demonstrates my spacing for each action. It's also good to vary the spacing in which different body parts move.

Don't lose heart though, keep up these exercises. The more you do the more natural it becomes in your animation. Keep it up and good luck!

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren