00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry)

1,378 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 15:12:43

O.K. I tried to make this collab. before and it died off because almost everyone dropped out. This is the old thread. I'm a bit more experienced now, than when I first tried to get a collab. together. This will be a collaboration of bad pickup lines. (duh) Just come up with a bad pickup line and animate it. Thisis about how far I got last time. If you want to join up post here. Please don't say you'll do something if you can't stick with it, but any ideas or comments and support is appreciated too.

SPECS:

Make as many parts as you like, about 5 to 20 seconds should be a decent length for a part.
Pretty much anything goes, I'm not going to put limits to what kind of things can go into the collab. Co-authoring will be determined by the best parts, quality is better than quantity as far as co-authoring is concerned but having multiple parts is good too. Make your parts in a movieclip on the main timeline of your .fla file. If you're going to use ActionScript use 1.0 or 2.0 and don't reference _root, _global or _parent of your movieclip. Post a link to your .fla in your dumping grounds or PM me.

FLASH:
Version 8 or earlier, AS 2.0

DIMENSIONS:
550 width x 500 height
If you want to use different dimensions make a letterbox border.

BACKGROUND COLOR:
0xFFFFFF (white) background
If you want a different color, draw your own.

FPS:
24 frames per second
If you want a different framerate, tough cookies. I can't accommodate everyone's personal taste
so I'm not going to try. You can use the default settings and like it.

DEADLINE:
June 10th
Please try to get your part(s) in by this time if you join.

PARTS:
Any number of Pickup Lines. Anyone can join, but I still reserve the right to reject anything if it's irrelevent to the topic or just complete crap.

BIOS:
Make your own Bio page. See the old version for a couple examples. Here's a Flash file with a basic template for your page, just edit the graphics.

I don't mind when I'm a hypocrite.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 15:20:41

At 5/11/10 03:12 PM, chesster415 wrote: FLASH:
Version 8 or earlier, AS 2.0

I think you're better off upgrading or letting someone else set up the fla. Also, I'd like to have a part. If anyone who reads this can voice act, drop me a PM.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 15:29:37

I think you're better off upgrading or letting someone else set up the fla. Also, I'd like to have a part. If anyone who reads this can voice act, drop me a PM.

I would like to upgrade but I can't really afford it right now. If someone wants to volunteer to set up the .fla that would be cool. There's a voice acting thread here, you can ask for help there.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 16:33:09

At 5/11/10 03:29 PM, chesster415 wrote: I would like to upgrade but I can't really afford it right now. If someone wants to volunteer to set up the .fla that would be cool. There's a voice acting thread here, you can ask for help there.

I checked it out, sent a few PM's and I'll offer to do the fla cause no one can get higher than CS5.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 18:41:27

I checked it out, sent a few PM's and I'll offer to do the fla cause no one can get higher than CS5.

Cool, thanks. I don't know what you mean about the PM's though.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 18:55:52

If anyone needs a voice actor I would be more than happy to help.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 20:15:17

At 5/11/10 06:55 PM, ForNoReason wrote: If anyone needs a voice actor I would be more than happy to help.

Same goes for me, I'm available.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-11 21:14:43

I am also available.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-12 15:19:43

At 5/11/10 06:55 PM, ForNoReason wrote: If anyone needs a voice actor I would be more than happy to help.
At 5/11/10 08:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Same goes for me, I'm available.
At 5/11/10 09:14 PM, protoAuthor wrote: I am also available.

Wow, a lot of people offering to do voices this time. Thanks everybody.

@ Madnath75:
I figured out what you meant about the PM's. Sorry, my brain wasn't working so well yesterday.

@ Everyone else:
There's still plenty of time to join up, I know you all have some pickup line you'd love to try except you're afraid of the consequences. Now you can have an animated character use it and be publicly humiliated or worse.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-12 19:27:00

I have the perfect line for this collab, I should be done in a day or 2.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-13 01:38:05

theres a pick up line that i love...so...i was bored

.fla

.swf <viewable

enjoy!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-13 16:44:23

At 5/12/10 07:27 PM, ASMAW wrote: I have the perfect line for this collab, I should be done in a day or 2.

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

At 5/13/10 01:38 AM, RedHarvest wrote: theres a pick up line that i love...so...i was bored

.fla

.swf <viewable

enjoy!

Thanks, I can't view spamtheweb from this server though, (I think it's the ad blockers) and I can't open ver. 9 or higher Flash file so I haven't seen it yet. Just so you know you can upload files on your NG account.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/
I'll find somewhere that I get get to spam the web, soon.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-14 16:20:40

Before I add the lip sync. some one might want to do the voice acting on this. or you might not want the gay humor (not that there's anything wrong with that). :)

<a>http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0 c60b37207512c1bdf580cbef7f493a1

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-14 17:43:51

At 5/14/10 04:20 PM, ASMAW wrote: Before I add the lip sync. some one might want to do the voice acting on this. or you might not want the gay humor (not that there's anything wrong with that). :)

<a>http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0 c60b37207512c1bdf580cbef7f493a1

Nasty double entendre, dude. Gay humor is fine for this. It's looking good so far.

@RedHarvest :
I got your file downloaded. I thought it was just going to be an average pickup line at first but it got worse as he kept talking, Nice one. Could you do a bio page? I'll make an icon for your movie, and put in a temporary bio until then.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-15 21:06:30

I might join coz i got a couple of projects goin and if i do this will be my line
"does ur dad own a bakery? coz u got a nice set of buns!"

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-18 17:27:08

At 5/15/10 09:06 PM, NoMonitorCat wrote: I might join coz i got a couple of projects goin and if i do this will be my line
"does ur dad own a bakery? coz u got a nice set of buns!"

Cool, I hope you have time to get a part in. More pickup lines are a big help.

I'm working on a new part that should be done soon.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-05-31 20:25:56

This is doing better this time around, it's not getting too much interest but there's still a little time if you want to join. This is what is done so far. I'm going to send some IMs about bits that aren't done so hopefully we can get it polished up a little before it gets submitted.

Response to Bad Pickup Lines Collab. (retry) 2010-06-11 00:49:31

The Bad Pickup Line Collab. is done. Check it out here. I was determined to stick to the deadline this time. I waited just until the deadline to give everybody a chance to send stuff in last minute. (Nobody did.) If you missed the deadline, you can still send your part in and it can be added where it was supposed to go if you had made the deadline. (I still don't expect anybody to send anything in.) Thanks to everybody who participated, especially thanks to people who completed their parts on time. Go watch it now and enjoy.