Be a Supporter!

Monthly Writing Contests - Hq

  • 6,621 Views
  • 97 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Writer
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2010-10-29 19:49:36 Reply

Yeah, I've got college too, but I have alot of free time. I'm for it though.


Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature
RabidSquirrelStudios
RabidSquirrelStudios
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2010-11-07 15:46:27 Reply

I'd like to know if I could help on judging. I placed in MWC June, if that counts for anything, and I'd prefer being able to critique other people's faults rather than have mine pointed out. Just kidding, but I do think I could be a valuable addition to the judging team. I got plenty of time.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2010-11-07 15:50:28 Reply

At 11/7/10 03:46 PM, RabidSquirrelStudios wrote: I'd like to know if I could help on judging. I placed in MWC June, if that counts for anything, and I'd prefer being able to critique other people's faults rather than have mine pointed out. Just kidding, but I do think I could be a valuable addition to the judging team. I got plenty of time.

Excellent, though we do have enough judges for this contest. Perhaps if you do some reviews for the entries in June and July's contests while you wait and perhaps even for the November contest, you'll be in good stead for a new contest around January :)


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
RabidSquirrelStudios
RabidSquirrelStudios
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2010-11-09 00:10:51 Reply

At 11/7/10 03:50 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Excellent, though we do have enough judges for this contest. Perhaps if you do some reviews for the entries in June and July's contests while you wait and perhaps even for the November contest, you'll be in good stead for a new contest around January :)

Sure. Should I send them to you?

sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2010-11-09 07:22:41 Reply

At 11/9/10 12:10 AM, RabidSquirrelStudios wrote:

Sure. Should I send them to you?

I suggest putting the reviews somewhere more public. Such as the discussion thread for whichever contest you are offering reviews for.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2010-11-09 08:12:38 Reply

At 11/9/10 12:10 AM, RabidSquirrelStudios wrote:
At 11/7/10 03:50 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Excellent, though we do have enough judges for this contest. Perhaps if you do some reviews for the entries in June and July's contests while you wait and perhaps even for the November contest, you'll be in good stead for a new contest around January :)
Sure. Should I send them to you?

Either posting them in the discussion threads, as sinfulwolf says, or sending a PM to the author in question.

Personally, I'd favour the posting of them in the discussion or results threads, as that way, people can see what you think of the works and it keeps it all relative to the other pieces that were submitted.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2011-01-01 08:35:32 Reply

Judges for November / December, I require some reporting back in with scores, so we can progress.

I also require judges for the new contest. Let me know via PM please.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Monthly Writing Contests - Hq 2011-01-01 13:01:34 Reply

Who are the judges for the Jan/Feb competition? If none I'd like to be one of them please


BBS Signature