BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 8/19/10 02:41 PM, robbe wrote: Here's a preview.
A little romantic scene <3

Looks awesome man, will look forward to seeing it! I will remove from the wanted list :P

TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 8/19/10 02:41 PM, robbe wrote: Here's a preview.
A little romantic scene <3

Wow, looking great. I mean really great.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.
My Deviant art page is HERE
XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 20th, 2010 @ 04:56 AM Reply

Today is deadline day, the details are on the previous page, I will be sending PM's to all those concerned.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:24 PM Reply

Hi guys,
Last week was the deadline date and the weekend has come and gone, for those users that have been PM'd you need to send your part. On the parts list your name is [PART AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST]. So now anyone can take the part.
Next deadline for the following people is the 30th August:
Part 1: Damien (NO)
Part 2: RicePirate (NO)
Part 5: Lanfrader (NO)
Part 10: robbe (NO)
Part 12: NeNe (NO)
Part 24: turtleco (NO)
Part 22: TheWanderingBard (NO)

blubfaceproduction
blubfaceproduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 8/22/10 02:24 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Hi guys,
Last week was the deadline date and the weekend has come and gone, for those users that have been PM'd you need to send your part. On the parts list your name is [PART AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST]. So now anyone can take the part.
Next deadline for the following people is the 30th August:
Part 1: Damien (NO)
Part 2: RicePirate (NO)
Part 5: Lanfrader (NO)
Part 10: robbe (NO)
Part 12: NeNe (NO)
Part 24: turtleco (NO)
Part 22: TheWanderingBard (NO)

I'll take part 24 if Turtle Co can't do it. I'll put the .fla on my dumping grounds and send you a pm when it's done.

BBS Signature
robbe
robbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 03:41 PM Reply

I updated my part on STW, not all drawings are finished and I still have some more to go. part 10
(but I couldn't the last few days and still can't that well because I f'ing sprained my wrist)

I also did the music myself (garage band), metal-ish sound effects from soundsnap.com. If anyone knows a good site for music loops I can use, it would be welcome (maybe I can find better stuff then I make).

In the end level19 would hang himself :o, because level20 died. (it will be dramatic :p)

Btw: thanks for the comments ^^.

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:13 PM Reply

Btw everyone HeavyDNY86 is away atm, so he may not be able to reply in my absence, but we will try to be as active as possible :)

At 8/22/10 02:32 PM, blubfaceproduction wrote: I'll take part 24 if Turtle Co can't do it.

I will replace it. Welcome to the collab. You have 2 weeks from today to finish your part and send it to me.

At 8/22/10 03:41 PM, robbe wrote: I updated my part on STW

It is coming along nicely. Thanks for posting regular preview :) One thing I notice is that there was a lack of music in the first part in the bin/mail box. It would spice things up a bit with some ambient sounds. I know flash kit has some good loops.

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:32 PM Reply

Not sure how the preview-deadline turned out, but I figured I'd put your mind at ease, at least about my part.

It's about half done, needs sound, all that ... but it's coming along, here's rough preview...

BBS Signature
blubfaceproduction
blubfaceproduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 8/22/10 04:13 PM, funkycaveman wrote: I will replace it. Welcome to the collab. You have 2 weeks from today to finish your part and send it to me.

Cool, I'll start working on it right now!

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Hello guys, seems this is going quite well.

I was doing a part for this, but other commitments took priority. Hell if I remember what part number it was; the one with the golden glove and trident. Anyway, who took my part? I'd like to see what they did with it.

Or;
If it's still open I can probably finish it pretty quickly. Been trying to get back into animating now I have a little more time on my hands.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 8/22/10 09:32 PM, RicePirate wrote: Not sure how the preview-deadline turned out, but I figured I'd put your mind at ease, at least about my part.

Im not sure if it was the style you were going for but the lines seem draft version like.

It's about half done, needs sound, all that ... but it's coming along, here's rough preview...

By adding sound it will feel more 'full' than it is now. I like the Japanese theme, something different for this collab. Because you are working on it well, you can have extra time for the deadline if you need it.

At 8/22/10 10:16 PM, blubfaceproduction wrote: Cool, I'll start working on it right now!

Make it good!

At 8/22/10 11:10 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: I was doing a part for this, but other commitments took priority. Hell if I remember what part number it was; the one with the golden glove and trident. Anyway, who took my part? I'd like to see what they did with it.

Or;
If it's still open I can probably finish it pretty quickly. Been trying to get back into animating now I have a little more time on my hands.

Your part has only recently been taken. So I am unable to show anything for it. You got removed for inactivity, sorry but the collab had to move on. If you would like any free part just ask, if there is a part that has already been taken but not completed, ask if it is free, it may well be. Thanks for coming back.

funky.

TheWanderingBard
TheWanderingBard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 07:02 AM Reply

Part 22 completed! Will post swf for your viewing pleasure pending caveman's approval.

"Please, tell my family...don't...try to catch...an arrow...with your mouth...*dies*"

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:11 AM Reply

At 8/23/10 07:02 AM, TheWanderingBard wrote: Part 22 completed! Will post swf for your viewing pleasure pending caveman's approval.

It's your part so you can do what you want with it. But I prefer if you don't post it. It will make the collab a big surprise for everyone :) You don't want to ruin the surprise now, do you? :P

TheWanderingBard
TheWanderingBard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 8/23/10 08:11 AM, funkycaveman wrote: It's your part so you can do what you want with it. But I prefer if you don't post it. It will make the collab a big surprise for everyone :) You don't want to ruin the surprise now, do you? :P

I come from a long line of present-preopeners and reverse secret keepers, so maybe. But if you want it to be a surprise, then I'll try to suppress my genetic coding.

"Please, tell my family...don't...try to catch...an arrow...with your mouth...*dies*"

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 05:07 PM Reply

I have been away for a few days so a bit of inactivity. Remember the final deadline is in a few days time, after this date your part will be placed 'under judgement'. Be sure to contact me if you have any problems.

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 26th, 2010 @ 10:04 PM Reply

Almost done... I'm pretty pleased. Hope it stacks up.

BBS Signature
robbe
robbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 27th, 2010 @ 09:25 AM Reply

HELP! I'm in trouble!

I wanted to mask some stuff, I used multiple objects to create an animated mask.
But the problem is: Flash only uses the bottom element for masking and ignores the rest.

I uploaded a picture to illustrate my problem:
Example image
(download if it's too small)

(as I state on the image: breaking apart is an option, but I would really, really, really appreciate any alternative)

Thanks in advance.

BBS Signature
RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 27th, 2010 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 8/27/10 09:25 AM, robbe wrote: HELP! I'm in trouble!

I wanted to mask some stuff, I used multiple objects to create an animated mask.
But the problem is: Flash only uses the bottom element for masking and ignores the rest.

I uploaded a picture to illustrate my problem:
Example image
(download if it's too small)

(as I state on the image: breaking apart is an option, but I would really, really, really appreciate any alternative)

Thanks in advance.

Gchat me ... [email protected] ... it'll be faster, I think there are two solutions.

BBS Signature
robbe
robbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 27th, 2010 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 8/27/10 09:38 AM, RicePirate wrote: Gchat me ... [email protected] ... it'll be faster, I think there are two solutions.

I invited you on my gmail, I think. Might have done some strange things (never used gmail to chat before).

In case it didn't work: [email protected]

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 27th, 2010 @ 10:23 AM Reply

Hope that the masking is not too much of a problem, I have been doing some today. Just ask if you require any more help.

You may think that I just sit around asking for deadlines and parts but i've spent many hours on the menu, adding parts and the intro. So make sure you all work hard!

Below: Intro showing how the user created level weapons are used in one 2 minute neat story. All weapons taken from completed parts.

Newgrounds Levels Collab

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 27th, 2010 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 8/27/10 09:53 AM, robbe wrote:
At 8/27/10 09:38 AM, RicePirate wrote: Gchat me ... [email protected] ... it'll be faster, I think there are two solutions.
I invited you on my gmail, I think. Might have done some strange things (never used gmail to chat before).

In case it didn't work: [email protected]

Coolio. We all good :D

BBS Signature
robbe
robbe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 27th, 2010 @ 10:35 AM Reply

Masking trouble solved (thanks to RicePirate).

Back to work ^^

BBS Signature
51lver
51lver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 28th, 2010 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 12:18 PM, funkycaveman wrote: You can use the list on my profile, update it, then I can send you the users that fill the empty spaces if you don't want to check back again. Thanks for doing them though. Btw do they just take 1 frame?

Okay, I'll keep checking your page. No problem with doing the credits, I used to be a lot more active on the forums, but got crazily busy with A-levels and stuff and kinda stopped flash for ages, but I think I'll be coming back to it a lot (got a couple large projects under-way). So yeah, I'm happy to be part of this Collab.

Yeah they're all on 1 frame, in 1 container Movie Clip, just need to place it in the middle of the stage, it's crazily easy to edit too. It does contain AS 2.0 though, this was fine when I first made them, hope it's still fine.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 28th, 2010 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 8/28/10 10:56 AM, 51lver wrote: Okay, I'll keep checking your page. No problem with doing the credits, I used to be a lot more active on the forums, but got crazily busy with A-levels and stuff and kinda stopped flash for ages, but I think I'll be coming back to it a lot (got a couple large projects under-way). So yeah, I'm happy to be part of this Collab.

Btw there are more people involved than just the people doing the parts, there are some thanks to, additional animation etc so I am not sure if you are able to add it in easily?

51lver
51lver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 28th, 2010 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 8/28/10 12:14 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Btw there are more people involved than just the people doing the parts, there are some thanks to, additional animation etc so I am not sure if you are able to add it in easily?

It's really easy to edit, when all the names are finalised just tell me who to add for thanks and who to put under additional animation etc. I looked through how I made it and shocked myself as to how simple it is to edit/add things to it.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 12:49 PM Reply

The final deadline is tomorrow, 30th August, for very few of you this does not apply. I have received some parts. I will be sending a PM to all those concerned soon.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Sep. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:40 AM Reply

The collab is going well and the deadlines are sorted but we still need to fill 8 more spaces, this is a large collab so it was always going to be hard but if you know anyone who might be able to make a part, get them to get in contact or post their username here.
thanks

51lver
51lver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Sep. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:57 AM Reply

At 9/2/10 07:40 AM, funkycaveman wrote: The collab is going well and the deadlines are sorted but we still need to fill 8 more spaces, this is a large collab so it was always going to be hard but if you know anyone who might be able to make a part, get them to get in contact or post their username here.
thanks

If no-one has any strong objections, I'd like to take part 27? I know my other parts are.....kinda bad, but that was about 2 years ago, and I'd like to give it another go now. Sticks are allowed right?

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab Sep. 4th, 2010 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 9/3/10 05:57 AM, 51lver wrote:
At 9/2/10 07:40 AM, funkycaveman wrote: The collab is going well and the deadlines are sorted but we still need to fill 8 more spaces, this is a large collab so it was always going to be hard but if you know anyone who might be able to make a part, get them to get in contact or post their username here.
thanks
If no-one has any strong objections, I'd like to take part 27? I know my other parts are.....kinda bad, but that was about 2 years ago, and I'd like to give it another go now. Sticks are allowed right?

I am reluctant to allow someone to have 3 parts in the collab, but it seems I have no choice seeing there are a few empty parts available. Sticks may only be used if it is necessary for the story of your animation, if the stick people do not dash around quickly and move in a complex way, and could possibly be full body, you cannot use sticks. It is really a last resort or if you cannot animate humans very well. If you do decide to use them, the backgrounds must be detailed (e.g. not mainly white).