00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Levels Collab

55,086 Views | 504 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 02:03:33

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 06:23:23

At 8/9/10 12:35 AM, RedHarvest wrote: im hoping the menu for this will be awesome! that will be key

IT IS! I am adding medals to it as we speak. New viewing modes, unlocks, deleted scenes, animator profiles, angry faic minigame. Also working on it having no bugs.

At 8/8/10 09:21 PM, RicePirate wrote: But I'll be back from my vacation in a week, and if you still need a scene ... lemme know.

I liked your firefighter animation, you can have a part when you get back.

At 8/8/10 09:35 PM, cartoonbacon wrote: im still not quiet sure how to do this but ill try to do part 1

Sorry part 1 is now taken, part 2 is still available, if not check the list below. If not check HeavyDNY86's post for the link and info about spare parts.

At 8/9/10 12:43 AM, SteakandKidneyPie wrote: If part 20 is spare, I will do that. If it isn't I will do any other

I was not very impressed with your profile submissions, if you have any other previews of work available that would be great. Part 20 is also not free, but if you make a preview or show something good I can spare the part for you.

At 8/9/10 02:03 AM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 4645
Daily 3rd... w00t

Congrats guys :)
Well done heavy, thanks for all your effort!

Final Deadline for parts taken since 12th July 2010:
20TH AUGUST 2010

All other parts deadline:
30TH AUGUST 2010

Release Date:
TBC

Formatted as:
Part # | Artist | Bio? (YES/NO) | Done?

The parts in bold are the ones physically in the main collab.

Part 1: Damien (NO)
Part 2: --EMPTY--
Part 3: funkycaveman (YES) - Done!
Part 4: --EMPTY--
Part 5: --EMPTY--
Part 6: Simple-Line (YES) - Done!
Part 7: HeavyDNY86 (NO)
Part 8: Trickee (YES) - Done!
Part 9: WAaAzZAaA (YES) - Done!
Part 10: --EMPTY--
Part 11: FunnyStuff707 (YES)
Part 12: --EMPTY--
Part 13: HeavyDNY86 (NO) - Done!
Part 14: --EMPTY--
Part 15: --EMPTY--
Part 16: AFF (YES)
Part 17: WAaAzZAaA (YES) - Done!
Part 18: K-Guare (YES) - Done!
Part 19: --EMPTY--
Part 20: hanorotu (NO)
Part 21: Noxx11 (YES) - Done!
Part 22: TheWanderingBard (NO)
Part 23: --EMPTY--
Part 24: --EMPTY--
Part 25: Keith (NO)
Part 26: 51lver (YES) - Done!
Part 27: DumbassDude (NO)
Part 28: 51lver (YES) - Done!
Part 29: RedHarvest (NO) - Done!
Part 30: TehSlapHappy (YES) - Done!

If you want a part that has been taken but not completed, ask me, it may well be free...

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 08:42:21

Coolio, in that case, I know there was mentioning of a "packet" or "info" that was to be sent along to contributors ... if someone could pm me, or link me that would be great, I can storyboard on vacation.

rock on guys

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 11:42:48

I'll take a part, any part

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 11:51:30

Thanks for the recommended voice actor Funkycaveman, looks like I'm going to get my script voice acted afterall!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 12:05:38

Meh, why not, I'll take part 10, if you don't mind?

I know it's been a while since I posted something on my profile, but that's just because I'm an idiot.
(that's my bio, indeed :D)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 14:16:05

Well personally I've been with this project for a loooong time and I know a lot of others have. So I'm sure a lot of you will agree with me that the profile/bio info will need to be updated. I can't remember who was put in charge of this. But it needs a re-vamp.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 14:27:00

well this looks fun :D any part would be grrrrrrreat

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 14:36:16

Hey, my friend Slipup and I think this is a sweet idea, but is it really due in 11 days? Also, I don't understand the weapon-level relation... what weapons are left? He's the animator, so you won't find any work examples on my account; we'll try to get you a sample ASAP. Thanks!

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 16:20:55

I thinking of joing this collab, I have an example in the works.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 16:22:44

you should make the unfinished sirtom93 part an easter egg.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 16:53:41

ill go for a collab. i have 1 submission, kindaa sucks, but trust me ive improved ALOT since then.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 18:47:23

At 8/9/10 08:42 AM, RicePirate wrote: Coolio, in that case, I know there was mentioning of a "packet" or "info" that was to be sent along to contributors ... if someone could pm me, or link me that would be great, I can storyboard on vacation.

rock on guys

There was a zip file containing some resources, I am only giving it out on request, so you can have it. I will have to update a bit though. You can have a part, but you need to say which one you want.

At 8/9/10 11:42 AM, turtleco wrote: I'll take a part, any part

OK then, is part 24 ok? It is the highest level part that is still available.

At 8/9/10 11:51 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Thanks for the recommended voice actor Funkycaveman, looks like I'm going to get my script voice acted afterall!

I met the guy at the London meet, he was really nice and was really professional, you should do well with him.

At 8/9/10 12:05 PM, robbe wrote: Meh, why not, I'll take part 10, if you don't mind?

I know it's been a while since I posted something on my profile, but that's just because I'm an idiot.
(that's my bio, indeed :D)

Yes, I will add you to the list, thanks for joining.

At 8/9/10 02:16 PM, 51lver wrote: Well personally I've been with this project for a loooong time and I know a lot of others have. So I'm sure a lot of you will agree with me that the profile/bio info will need to be updated. I can't remember who was put in charge of this. But it needs a re-vamp.

The bios do need updating, I was the person who was incharge of them back in the day, before I was leader of the collab, but seeing I have the menu to do and adding of the parts plus maybe making a new part/intro = spoiler alert! Someone else can take charage of the bios, I will send all current bios, just update and fill the gaps.

At 8/9/10 02:27 PM, mdpreado wrote: well this looks fun :D any part would be grrrrrrreat

Sorry but I was not impressed by your only submission, this is a really high quality collab and we need skilled animators, if you can make a small preview that is good, you can join.

At 8/9/10 02:36 PM, Cia-splinter wrote: Hey, my friend Slipup and I think this is a sweet idea, but is it really due in 11 days? Also, I don't understand the weapon-level relation... what weapons are left? He's the animator, so you won't find any work examples on my account; we'll try to get you a sample ASAP. Thanks!

The deadline for anyone now is the 30th of August, check my news post if you are unsure, you can also check it if you are unsure which parts are free/taken, I can update it more regularly as well. If you could send some good examples, that would be great thanks.

At 8/9/10 04:20 PM, ugblahtheartistic wrote: I thinking of joing this collab, I have an example in the works.

If you have any samples of recent work, that would be great thanks.

At 8/9/10 04:22 PM, turtleco wrote: you should make the unfinished sirtom93 part an easter egg.

Already done it, got the file from spamtheweb. You need to find some secrets and get some points before you can view it = Spoiler alert.

At 8/9/10 04:53 PM, wowpwner09 wrote: ill go for a collab. i have 1 submission, kindaa sucks, but trust me ive improved ALOT since then.

your only animation was ok but I have seen better, especially in this collab, if you can send me a preview of an animation I will reconsider.

Update:
New deadline for everyone joining after 7th August 2010 is 30th August 2010, you MUST provide a preview of what you have on the 20th of August 2010 or you will be removed from the collab.
This collab has been going over 2 years, it can't go on for much longer, we have problems like updating bios and code/menu that make it take longer.
Complete list of parts

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 19:05:07

i can do a part but i need to know over what must the animation be about

plese respond and how many time do i have to do it

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 19:12:52

At 8/9/10 07:05 PM, davidpuralocura wrote: i can do a part but i need to know over what must the animation be about

plese respond and how many time do i have to do it

I saw a few animations on your profile, it was quite basic animation or stick figures. This collab as you may already know is high quality, I will need a preview of something better before I can accept you.

The animation takes 2 levels (Part 1 takes levels 1 and 2, part 2 = level 3 and 4, Part 3 = L5 + L6 etc) Basically double the number, say part 23, takes levels 46 and 1 less, level 45. The two levels can fight, dance, make love or be objects in a human animation, do anything, maybe make it have a newgrounds theme (tankmen posters in rooms, graffiti logo), it is your choice, make it stylish and encourage adding the levels in an interesting way.

If you are accepted you can have until August the 30th.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 22:26:44

its ok

i will try to do one

but i just have macromedia flash 8

if u have the link were i can get CS4 plese

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-09 23:27:29

At 8/9/10 10:26 PM, davidpuralocura wrote: if u have the link were i can get CS4 plese

Clearly you're looking for the Adobe website where you can purchase Flash.

I hope that's what you mean, because it's kind of a "no no" otherwise.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-10 07:15:12

no seriously - 2 thangs.

whos doin the menu...

what do i need to include in my bio - care to pm it to me?

thanks guyz

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-10 12:01:17

Looks like no one is touch #2 ... so I'll adopt the poor guy... and if no one gets around to doing 23 by the time I'm well through #2 ... I'll pick that one up too (but that is tentative!).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-10 12:33:43

At 8/9/10 11:27 PM, HeavyDNY86 wrote:
At 8/9/10 10:26 PM, davidpuralocura wrote: if u have the link were i can get CS4 plese
Clearly you're looking for the Adobe website where you can purchase Flash.

I hope that's what you mean, because it's kind of a "no no" otherwise.

You are correct HeavyDNY, never use illegal software, especially if you are publishing the work online or making money from the work. You can download a free 30 day trial of flash CS4/CS5, that should give you ample time to create your flash.

At 8/10/10 07:15 AM, RedHarvest wrote: no seriously - 2 thangs.

whos doin the menu...

what do i need to include in my bio - care to pm it to me?

thanks guyz

I am making the menu, and atm doing the bios, I still need yours, I will send you details via PM.

At 8/10/10 12:01 PM, RicePirate wrote: Looks like no one is touch #2 ... so I'll adopt the poor guy... and if no one gets around to doing 23 by the time I'm well through #2 ... I'll pick that one up too (but that is tentative!).

Great! I will add you to the list, I will try to protect part 23 for you, but I can't promise anything.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-10 17:18:00

so do you guys need a musician ? i need some work ;)

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 03:19:45

A small question: Can I use 2.5D in this?
No problem if not, just wondering

And can you send me the Spamtheweb collab password (if you still use it) please?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 05:30:43

At 8/11/10 03:19 AM, robbe wrote: A small question: Can I use 2.5D in this?
No problem if not, just wondering

2D with 1/2 3D elements or 2D with 3D foreground, what kinda 3D, swift3d?

And can you send me the Spamtheweb collab password (if you still use it) please?

I will PM it.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 08:23:37

At 8/11/10 05:30 AM, funkycaveman wrote: 2D with 1/2 3D elements or 2D with 3D foreground, what kinda 3D, swift3d?

I just mean the CS4 "3D rotation tool (W)" in built in in flash (no plugins), but I just noticed it doesn't work with publish settings on AS2.
So I won't use it, sorry to have bothered you.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 08:41:47

At 8/11/10 08:23 AM, robbe wrote:
At 8/11/10 05:30 AM, funkycaveman wrote: 2D with 1/2 3D elements or 2D with 3D foreground, what kinda 3D, swift3d?
I just mean the CS4 "3D rotation tool (W)" in built in in flash (no plugins), but I just noticed it doesn't work with publish settings on AS2.
So I won't use it, sorry to have bothered you.

That's fine, it was decided to use as2 from the beginning, if you wanted to use this as well as the bone tool you may be able to export as a mov file and send it to me that way, it will be lower graphic quality though.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 10:12:12

Nah, no problem. I didn't really need it.

I posted a small animatic on the STW collab page, what do you think?
(link to the part for those who don't feel like surfin' to the collab page)

It's not finished, but I am considering to keep it grayscale until the hearts (the hearts are a pattern from the interweb, but I'll draw some myself later). I will make the drawings more detailed and add more background.
Also, I still need to add an "ending".

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 10:45:41

At 8/11/10 10:12 AM, robbe wrote: I posted a small animatic on the STW collab page, what do you think?

that's pretty cool, it is not like anything else in the collab atm.

For the ending, how about some cool funky music of them fixing pipes and saving children, then at the end one of them gets old and rusty and 'dies'?

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 11:02:19

I lol'd at the "Old rusty and dies" bit. It's looking real good so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 11:44:27

I thought of doing something like this: the wrench doesn't fit the pipe and feels really broken hearted and rejected and lonely.

But the "old and rusty death" idea is also looking good ^^.
We'll see.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-11 12:27:42

At 8/11/10 11:44 AM, robbe wrote: I thought of doing something like this: the wrench doesn't fit the pipe and feels really broken hearted and rejected and lonely.

But the "old and rusty death" idea is also looking good ^^.
We'll see.

This seems interesting, just make sure it is long enough, at the moment it seems quite short, you still have two weeks left seeing you joined later than other people. Take your time.