New Topic Respond to this Topic
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-19 04:38:10 Reply

At 7/18/10 08:19 PM, zer0gravity1 wrote: I'd like to join! Part 23, please.

That sounds good, i'll add you to the list :)

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-19 18:07:38 Reply

NEW! I have cleared all inactive parts, so be sure to look at the complete list and choose an empty part!

Remember the deadline is just over a month away on August the 20th! Keep on animating hard and well.

Any questions just ask me :)

funkycaveman.

SimpleStuff
SimpleStuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-20 06:01:56 Reply

At 7/19/10 06:07 PM, funkycaveman wrote: NEW! I have cleared all inactive parts, so be sure to look at the complete list and choose an empty part!

Remember the deadline is just over a month away on August the 20th! Keep on animating hard and well.

Any questions just ask me :)

funkycaveman.

Oh shit, I haven't gotten as much done as I need to. Start sending me nagging PM's, I've still got like a minute or two to add,

sandwich-eater: you know shits about to go down when you're taking a shit, and gravity is present.
Twitter - Tumblr - Pickle

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-20 07:19:23 Reply

At 7/20/10 06:01 AM, FunnyStuff707 wrote: Oh shit, I haven't gotten as much done as I need to. Start sending me nagging PM's, I've still got like a minute or two to add,

I will send out reminders when you have 1 month left (today). Thanks for checking up though :)

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 10:53:40 Reply

Vote 5

DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 10:54:41 Reply

You know what? I think I'm going to take part 29.

Saw the promotional trailer and thought to myself, "Why haven't I joined this yet?"

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 10:58:58 Reply

Trust me to look at the wrong list, lol.

I'll take level 27.

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 12:11:11 Reply

At 7/22/10 10:58 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Trust me to look at the wrong list, lol.

I'll take level 27.

Level 27 has been taken you mean part 27? you can view a complete list on my profile, or here.

Formatted as:
Part # | Artist | Bio? (YES/NO) | Done?

Part 1: --EMPTY--
Part 2: --EMPTY--
Part 3: funkycaveman (YES) - Done!
Part 4: --EMPTY--
Part 5: --EMPTY--
Part 6: Simple-Line (YES) - Done!
Part 7: HeavyDNY86 (NO)
Part 8: Trickee (YES) - Done!
Part 9: WAaAzZAaA (YES) - Done!
Part 10: --EMPTY--
Part 11: FunnyStuff707 (NO)
Part 12: --EMPTY--
Part 13: HeavyDNY86 (NO) - Done!
Part 14: --EMPTY--
Part 15: --EMPTY--
Part 16: AFF (YES)
Part 17: WAaAzZAaA (YES) - Done!
Part 18: K-Guare (YES) - Done!
Part 19: --EMPTY--
Part 20: hanorotu (NO)
Part 21: Noxx11 (YES) - Done!
Part 22: TheWanderingBard (NO)
Part 23: zer0gravity1 (NO)
Part 24: --EMPTY--
Part 25: Keith (NO)
Part 26: 51lver (YES) - Done!
Part 27: --EMPTY--
Part 28: 51lver (YES) - Done!
Part 29: RedHarvest (NO) - Done!
Part 30: TehSlapHappy (YES) - Done!

DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 12:24:27 Reply

At 7/22/10 12:11 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Level 27 has been taken you mean part 27? you can view a complete list on my profile, or here.

Yeah that's what I meant.

Level 53 and 54?

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 13:40:36 Reply

At 7/22/10 12:24 PM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 7/22/10 12:11 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Level 27 has been taken you mean part 27? you can view a complete list on my profile, or here.
Yeah that's what I meant.

Level 53 and 54?

Correct, i'll add you to the list, thanks for joining. I will send you a PM with some additional details.

51lver
51lver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-28 15:27:10 Reply

Love to throw a free bump in here. Get some more activity, also, funky, I've left a link for the credits on your post on your user-page. Sorry for my inactivity.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-28 15:53:45 Reply

At 7/28/10 03:27 PM, 51lver wrote: Love to throw a free bump in here. Get some more activity, also, funky, I've left a link for the credits on your post on your user-page. Sorry for my inactivity.

Hey man,
Thanks for the credits, I see they have changed since last time? I remember they flew in and it was to Kasabian - Club Foot? But this looks a lot more simple. I have remade the menu for the last time, so I will give you a link in a PM seeing you have done a bit extra. If you have enough time for another part, that would be great, kinda desperate for parts now seeing I released a short trailer trying to get new members but it didn't work as well as I would have hoped. You have completed your parts so dw about inactivity. Thanks again for the credits, take what you want from the news post, i'll tell you when this collab is basically finished (hopefully September)

TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-29 11:13:37 Reply

At 7/28/10 03:53 PM, funkycaveman wrote: I released a short trailer trying to get new members but it didn't work as well as I would have hoped.

Hey funky, just wanted to let you know I'm still working. Mostly on this "trailer" I said I was gonna make, and I wanted to clarify something about. I chose the wrong words to describe it, it's not really a trailer so much as it is a recruitment video. I don't actually have any plans to put clips from finished parts in it, but I made the size and frame rate the same as the collab in case you wanted to piece something together so I can stuff it in at the end.

Anyway, it should be done soon. I'm shooting for release in about a week I guess, maybe a little less. I know, I know... I took a while to do this. I can't help but go overboard some times. My bad.

Newgrounds Levels Collab

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.
My Deviant art page is HERE
XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-29 11:54:22 Reply

At 7/29/10 11:13 AM, HeavyDNY86 wrote:
At 7/28/10 03:53 PM, funkycaveman wrote: I released a short trailer trying to get new members but it didn't work as well as I would have hoped.
Hey funky, just wanted to let you know I'm still working. Mostly on this "trailer" I said I was gonna make, and I wanted to clarify something about. I chose the wrong words to describe it, it's not really a trailer so much as it is a recruitment video. I don't actually have any plans to put clips from finished parts in it, but I made the size and frame rate the same as the collab in case you wanted to piece something together so I can stuff it in at the end.

Anyway, it should be done soon. I'm shooting for release in about a week I guess, maybe a little less. I know, I know... I took a while to do this. I can't help but go overboard some times. My bad.

I have released a teaser trailer, that is long overdue check it out. It made 1 new person join, but hopefully a higher quality trailer such as the one you are making will put peoples hopes up on the collab. I have sent the levels page to you, feel free to amend it, if you don't just say and I can make a few changes myself, I know you are probably busy with your parts, there was a really good song in 51lver's part I think we should use that one in the trailer as BGM unless you had any other ideas? I can send you some snippets of some finished parts to make it a bit varied. Also, if you want any resources, logos etc feel free to ask. Your part looks good, have you updated it on SPW?
good to hear from you again.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-03 13:15:51 Reply

It has been a while since I have last posted, anything new?

DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-03 13:47:46 Reply

At 8/3/10 01:15 PM, funkycaveman wrote: It has been a while since I have last posted, anything new?

I'm waiting on a damn voice actor to do my parts, but since he hasn't replied back with confirmation that he got my script, I'm assuming he's scarpered.

Any voice actor that looks at this topic, please contact me, I have a script that needs voiced quickly. Thanks in advance.

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-03 18:11:06 Reply

At 8/3/10 01:47 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Any voice actor that looks at this topic, please contact me, I have a script that needs voiced quickly. Thanks in advance.

There was a really good one I used, but also another person in the collab used him, I would give the details but it would turn out the whole collab had the same VA. But here are a couple of reliable people I know:

ShurikenX
Xtermin8r13
XxXThanosXxX
sparhawk56
NeilErvin
Box-Killa(not sure if he can voice act, but give it a go)

Just say you know funkycaveman, they should be able to help you out, if they are not busy. I havn't spoken to some of the people for quite a time, but they may not remember, if not, as I said, they should be able to help anyway.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-05 15:57:26 Reply

Zer0gravity is no longer in the collab, so part 23 is now free for anyone who wants it :)

TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-06 11:46:55 Reply

At 8/5/10 03:57 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Zer0gravity is no longer in the collab, so part 23 is now free for anyone who wants it :)

We'll fill all these parts soon... very soon. It's almost here.....

Newgrounds Levels Collab

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

BBS Signature
TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 00:02:52 Reply

Hey funky... just sent you a PM about the Recruiter Video. Get back to me ASAP on that, please.

Thanks.

BBS Signature
TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 11:52:05 Reply

I haven't heard back from you yet funky, so I'm just gonna go ahead with this. I'll try to manage whatever reaction we get from it.

BBS Signature
TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 13:11:26 Reply

Check it

We Need YOU!!!

Also, quadruple post.

BBS Signature
FlashfireEX
FlashfireEX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 13:16:53 Reply

If I could draw better I'd join this. :(

My amazing sig.

TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 13:31:23 Reply

At 8/8/10 01:16 PM, FlashfireEX wrote: If I could draw better I'd join this. :(

Yeah, we're not really looking for sprite work. Which is too bad because that one you did with kirby is hilarious. "WITH APPLES!!!", I lol'd

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 14:16:23 Reply

Hey everyone,
Just been to the London meetup for the past 3 days, so have been totally inactive in the forums. I will reply to your PM heavy but it is a bit late now for much criticism. But I did find the link did not work. This will detract people from the forums, this can easily be fixed anyhow.

I was trying to plug the collab at the meet, I might have a few people interested. I also met this really nice guy who happens to be a voice actor, if you are looking for quality voice acting, then PM him, i'm sure he can help you out.

Any problems, pm me.

Deadline in a couple of weeks.

FlashfireEX
FlashfireEX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 14:34:33 Reply

At 8/8/10 01:31 PM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: Yeah, we're not really looking for sprite work. Which is too bad because that one you did with kirby is hilarious. "WITH APPLES!!!", I lol'd

Hehe, thanks. I CAN draw somewhat though. I made an animated part at the end, remember? It kinda sucked art wise though, I know. It wouldn't be good enough for this Collab, probably.

My amazing sig.

TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 14:47:46 Reply

At 8/8/10 02:16 PM, funkycaveman wrote: But I did find the link did not work. This will detract people from the forums, this can easily be fixed anyhow.

on(release){
getURL("http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/to pic/1164916");
}

What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure it's what your local privacy settings are, ut if I'm incorrrect about that please let me know. I want to fix this if it can be fixed.

BBS Signature
Keith
Keith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 15:21:54 Reply

I've been busy with work but I'm going to continue on my part today. It will be finished in time. :D

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 16:49:16 Reply

At 8/8/10 02:47 PM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: on(release){
getURL("http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/to pic/1164916");
}

What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure it's what your local privacy settings are, ut if I'm incorrrect about that please let me know. I want to fix this if it can be fixed.

<code>
getURL("http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/to pic/1164916", "_blank");
</code>

At 8/8/10 03:21 PM, Keith wrote: I've been busy with work but I'm going to continue on my part today. It will be finished in time. :D

Thanks! I will be looking forward to seeing it! If you need any help (voice actor, feedback/comments, music) just ask, I will be happy to help.

TheNooch
TheNooch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-08-08 17:18:04 Reply

At 8/8/10 04:49 PM, funkycaveman wrote: <code>
getURL("http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/to pic/1164916", "_blank");
</code>

That would just spawn the site, wouldn't it? You need the "on(release)" etc to make it a button... all of which I have. Something's just wrong, there doesn't seem to be a good reason. Anyway, I sent you the FLA so I guess you can take a look at it if you want.

BBS Signature