00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Levels Collab

55,050 Views | 504 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-12 18:50:09

SORRY GUYS I FUCKED UP D:

No!

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-12 19:13:24

At 7/12/10 06:21 PM, Makeshift wrote: If I'm not mistaken, part 25 would be 50 vs. 51? If so, I'm thinking I could make a part for it. I'd like to see one or two parts first, just to make sure this collab isn't... well, crap. So if you could PM me a preview of one, that would be awesome and I would happily get to work.

Part 25 is levels 49 & 50. Part 26 is levels 51 & 52. There is no way of have them combined. I think this will be the best collab on newgrounds when it is released, I will send a few previews to you via pm.

At 7/12/10 06:50 PM, Thundaboom16 wrote: SORRY GUYS I FUCKED UP D:

LOL, dw about it, NOW GET OUT OF HERE!

jokes.

come back.

Hello?

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-12 19:34:15

At 7/12/10 07:13 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Part 25 is levels 49 & 50.

Oooh, that's even better! I have an interesting idea now that I have a bow and arrow.

I think this will be the best collab on newgrounds when it is released, I will send a few previews to you via pm.

I'll watch those in a minute. I remember seeing this collab in the forums like 2 years ago, haha.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-12 19:38:25

At 7/12/10 07:34 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 7/12/10 07:13 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Part 25 is levels 49 & 50.
Oooh, that's even better! I have an interesting idea now that I have a bow and arrow.

That's awesome I will put you on the list.

I think this will be the best collab on newgrounds when it is released, I will send a few previews to you via pm.
I'll watch those in a minute. I remember seeing this collab in the forums like 2 years ago, haha.

I know, it has been 2 years since the collab started, I took it over a few months ago and I am determined to get it finished.

Also I will not be posting the list in the thread anymore, you can see the updated list on my news post
But if you want the list in a post, just ask.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-12 20:07:22

Those parts I saw were decent but I'm dying to see more. If you could, just for the hell of it send me another that would be awesome. If you don't feel like it, that's fine with me too.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 00:31:41

here u go GAIZ

.fla file

VIEWABLE!!!!

im excited to see it!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 01:01:38

Nice to see a little more vigor around here. Welcome all new comers.

At 7/13/10 12:31 AM, RedHarvest wrote: here u go GAIZ
VIEWABLE!!!!

I lol'd... short and sweet. It will be an excellent addition.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 01:06:26

That's a pretty unique idea you used there. I love it; just using one person. I'll post a couple screenshots for you guys later tonight.. which is really early this morning.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 01:56:00

Just wanted to show that I'm making progress:

still an incomplete screenshot, but I'd like to get some sleep now.

Newgrounds Levels Collab

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 05:58:32

.fla file

VIEWABLE!!!!

im excited to see it!

Thanks! I'll add it to the new menu layout now. I'm not going to show anyone the full collab until release, so it will be a surprise for all of us (:

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 06:02:52

At 7/12/10 09:45 PM, Keith wrote: Can I have part 23 please :D

Yes! Thanks for joining.

At 7/13/10 01:56 AM, Makeshift wrote: Just wanted to show that I'm making progress:

still an incomplete screenshot, but I'd like to get some sleep now.

That looks promising! Can't wait to see it finished. Sorry but I've shown you all the parts that some other people have seen, it may ruin the final viewing if I showed more, but if you still want to see some more I will give everyone in the collab early access to the collab trailer!

Sorry for double post, accidently pressed 'Post It!'

BIOS:
I will need a short Bio from each animator in the collab, this will be placed on your individual animation page, it needs to be short and nothing rude, crude is allowed, send it to me via PM or post!

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 17:40:17

I'll most likely take another part after finishing this one to hurry along the production of this collab. Hopefully that will higher my chances of being co-authored. :3

Also, for the Bio, I'm not exactly sure what to write... Just information about myself? When I started flash, etc?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 18:11:30

At 7/13/10 05:40 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'll most likely take another part after finishing this one to hurry along the production of this collab. Hopefully that will higher my chances of being co-authored. :3

Couldn't hurt your chances.

Also, for the Bio, I'm not exactly sure what to write... Just information about myself? When I started flash, etc?

Um, funky will have to give you the definitive answer on that one... but if I remember correctly from the old old NG Level collab, the bio could be anything you want to say about yourself. Your motto, your shortened life story, a recipe for your favorite batch of brownies. But like I said, funky may have changed that.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-13 18:38:00

At 7/13/10 06:11 PM, HeavyDNY86 wrote:
At 7/13/10 05:40 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'll most likely take another part after finishing this one to hurry along the production of this collab. Hopefully that will higher my chances of being co-authored. :3
Couldn't hurt your chances.

I'm going to have a think about the co-authoring, but you may only be co-authored once, and each part will be treated differently, the quality will not be the overall from the author it is done by a part by part basis, this basically means 1 amazing part is more likely to get co-authored than 2-3 ok parts. But I will talk about this more towards the deadline.

Um, funky will have to give you the definitive answer on that one... but if I remember correctly from the old old NG Level collab, the bio could be anything you want to say about yourself. Your motto, your shortened life story, a recipe for your favorite batch of brownies. But like I said, funky may have changed that.

From the old collab it could be anything but I am putting a few rules on what you can put for obvious reasons.
-No advertising, you have a personal link to your newgrounds page(pm me if you want the link changed)
-Star out swear words.
-Can be long but the text will be smaller if it is very long.

Some examples of bios include your personality, a joke, your experience, how you found the collab.

I am going to consult heavyDNY about the new menu and profile updates, as well as the medal/score system.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-14 16:36:45

UPDATE:

I am starting to contact inactive members about their parts so I can clear up empty spaces for people who wish to make more than one piece.

I have created a new menu and added the Newgrounds API so medals can easily get added as well as some other cool features, I will be contacting some of you to consult with the location of secrets in your animation.

Work hard peeps :)

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-14 17:29:27

I know Evan210 is no longer active on the site, so he is most definitely not participating in this anymore, if that helps...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-14 20:21:49

Just a show that I haven't been sitting on my ass the whole time:

But yeah... just give me one more week and I can get back to work full-force.

Newgrounds Levels Collab

"Please, tell my family...don't...try to catch...an arrow...with your mouth...*dies*"

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-15 04:39:26

At 7/14/10 05:29 PM, Makeshift wrote: I know Evan210 is no longer active on the site, so he is most definitely not participating in this anymore, if that helps...

Thanks for that, if you know of anyone else inactive just tell me, a lot of them are due to the age of the collab :P

At 7/14/10 08:21 PM, TheWanderingBard wrote: Just a show that I haven't been sitting on my ass the whole time:

But yeah... just give me one more week and I can get back to work full-force.

That looks pretty good, remember to rename your movieclips unique names like 'BardTable1' so it saves me time and hassle when adding it to the whole thing, I know many of you already do that, thanks!

At 7/14/10 11:41 PM, Keith wrote: Sorry for double post.

I have a question.

When you say no sprite work does that mean no game sprites.

Cause I was wondering if I can do my part by drawing everything in pixels, if that's not allowed I can just do it drawn. :D

No video game sprites, but if you wish to draw your own, make sure they are fluid in terms of animation and that they are not too pixelated, only for the reason because it won't fit as well with the other parts.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-15 05:30:00

At 7/15/10 04:56 AM, Keith wrote: I'll just draw it, make it flow better with the other parts. :D

Should have a preview by Sunday.

Thanks, I've sent some info for you via PM.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-17 16:05:07

I'd really like a new part. I just can't seem to tie a bow and arrow and shrukens together. I'm really sad all the sword parts are done. So basically I want to wait and see what parts will be available after this first deadline, which I think is really far away...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-17 17:55:56

At 7/17/10 04:24 PM, Keith wrote: If you want you can switch with me. I haven't started yet, I got level 45 and 46, the reaper weapon and an axe with a skull in the middle.

Nah, you can go ahead and take my part, but I can't think of away to use those two. I'm going to wait in the hopes that something I'm interested in opens up.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-18 09:56:39

I am going to clean up the parts as of Monday (Tomorrow). So you can get started and hopefully finish before the deadline.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-18 20:19:49

I'd like to join! Part 23, please.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-19 04:38:10

At 7/18/10 08:19 PM, zer0gravity1 wrote: I'd like to join! Part 23, please.

That sounds good, i'll add you to the list :)

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-19 18:07:38

NEW! I have cleared all inactive parts, so be sure to look at the complete list and choose an empty part!

Remember the deadline is just over a month away on August the 20th! Keep on animating hard and well.

Any questions just ask me :)

funkycaveman.

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-20 06:01:56

At 7/19/10 06:07 PM, funkycaveman wrote: NEW! I have cleared all inactive parts, so be sure to look at the complete list and choose an empty part!

Remember the deadline is just over a month away on August the 20th! Keep on animating hard and well.

Any questions just ask me :)

funkycaveman.

Oh shit, I haven't gotten as much done as I need to. Start sending me nagging PM's, I've still got like a minute or two to add,

sandwich-eater: you know shits about to go down when you're taking a shit, and gravity is present.

Twitter - Tumblr - Pickle

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-20 07:19:23

At 7/20/10 06:01 AM, FunnyStuff707 wrote: Oh shit, I haven't gotten as much done as I need to. Start sending me nagging PM's, I've still got like a minute or two to add,

I will send out reminders when you have 1 month left (today). Thanks for checking up though :)

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 10:54:41

You know what? I think I'm going to take part 29.

Saw the promotional trailer and thought to myself, "Why haven't I joined this yet?"

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Levels Collab 2010-07-22 10:58:58

Trust me to look at the wrong list, lol.

I'll take level 27.

BBS Signature