Respond to this Topic
uneaten-cookie
uneaten-cookie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Malicious Ads... Mar. 30th, 2004 @ 07:10 PM Reply

If u want to stop the popups..get a google or msn toolbar..they are great..most popup blocker ads implant popups on to your computer until you buy thier product..or come with spyware.. Ad-aware6.0 is the only "spyware free" spyware killer i know of

Malicious Ads...

megamuff
megamuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Malicious Ads... Mar. 30th, 2004 @ 07:39 PM Reply

uhh kam would you like me to re-post what i posted since you obviously didnt read it? i posted a list of things.. including blockers... spybot, spywareblaster..

LoFiSciFi
LoFiSciFi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Malicious Ads... Mar. 31st, 2004 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 3/25/04 01:27 PM, lordkabita wrote:
At 3/19/04 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm noticing that some malicious spyware and worse has been slipping through our third party ad code lately. Some of this code may even change your default homepage. It never seems to impact any of the PCs I use, so it is hard for me to track it down. I'm not sure what the difference is between the computers I use and the computers that fall victim to malicious ad code....
Yeah, it happens to my computer, but only if I am using Internet explorer. Not if I'm using AOL Optimized though, its the pop up blocker.

NOO NOT EVEN AOL WILL STOP IT! DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT I SAY. EVERYONE CHANT! DOWN WITH POP UPS. DOWN WITH POP UPS. DOWN WITH POP UPS. DOWN WITH POP UPS. DOWN WITH POP UPS. DOWN WITH POP UPS. Ok, I'm done for now.

devinkgvps
devinkgvps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Malicious Ads... Mar. 31st, 2004 @ 08:43 PM Reply

how do you do

Redneck-Clock
Redneck-Clock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Malicious Ads... Mar. 31st, 2004 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 3/30/04 07:10 PM, Kam_x105x wrote: If u want to stop the popups..get a google or msn toolbar..they are great..most popup blocker ads implant popups on to your computer until you buy thier product..or come with spyware.. Ad-aware6.0 is the only "spyware free" spyware killer i know of

Spybot: Search and Destroy is a good free spyware killer. I know it is the one i use.

megamuff
megamuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Malicious Ads... Apr. 3rd, 2004 @ 05:48 PM Reply

even with spybot the adware and spyware can come back. get spywareblaster to put the scripts on your machine that prevent most from ever running, or coming back. prevents all, if you update often.