Be a Supporter!

Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize

  • 2,014 Views
  • 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Saku-Tatsuya
Saku-Tatsuya
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 15th, 2010 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 5/14/10 11:09 PM, MrPercie wrote:

:NONE OF THIS WAS EVEN ON THE FUCKING FORUM FOR A WHILE ANYWAY! Its because you little shits probably have watched that south park episode and are just looking for a fight.

Lawdy, I haven't seen that episode simply because I hate South Park with a burning passion. It just focuses way too much on satire and less on humor.

AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 15th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 5/15/10 12:48 PM, AapoJoki wrote: Lars Vilks's house attacked by arsonist

Why did he draw muhammad with dogs body anyway?
What was the reall message/point of the cartoon.

Because its sound to me he was just insulting a religion.

Im sure hindus wouldnt like it if you showed there gods shown as dead cows.


BBS Signature
MrHero17
MrHero17
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 15th, 2010 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 5/15/10 01:09 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 5/15/10 12:48 PM, AapoJoki wrote: Lars Vilks's house attacked by arsonist
Why did he draw muhammad with dogs body anyway?
What was the reall message/point of the cartoon.

Because its sound to me he was just insulting a religion.

Im sure hindus wouldnt like it if you showed there gods shown as dead cows.

Considering how often cows are killed I think hindus must be pretty chill about other people doing it.

Your post dose absolutely nothing to excuse the actions of the Muslims who are participating in or advocate these violent acts.

AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 15th, 2010 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 5/15/10 01:09 PM, MrPercie wrote: Why did he draw muhammad with dogs body anyway?
What was the reall message/point of the cartoon.

Who cares why he did it? Drawing a bunch of images, no matter how offensive, doesn't warrant arson, physical assault or violence of any other kind, PERIOD. No excuses.

Because its sound to me he was just insulting a religion.

So? That's his right.

Im sure hindus wouldnt like it if you showed there gods shown as dead cows.

Yeah, did you see South Park's 200th episode? It featured Buddha snorting cocaine, Jesus watching internet porn and Muhammad strolling around in bear suit. The ONLY ones who sent death threats against the show's authors were radical Muslims.

The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 15th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 5/15/10 04:19 PM, Victory wrote:
At 5/15/10 01:09 PM, MrPercie wrote: Because its sound to me he was just insulting a religion.
And?

Didn't you know? When you make fun of politicians, celebrities, other races, sexes, nations etc it's considered humour, do the same to religion and it's insults and hate speech.

Ahh, the joys of double standards are funny, aren't they?


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

AapoJoki
AapoJoki
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 17th, 2010 @ 07:10 AM Reply

At 5/15/10 05:59 PM, The-universe wrote: Didn't you know? When you make fun of politicians, celebrities, other races, sexes, nations etc it's considered humour, do the same to religion and it's insults and hate speech.

Ahh, the joys of double standards are funny, aren't they?

To be honest, making fun of someone's race or sex is often considered hate speech too. While I think that no topic should be off-limits for humour, the outrage is more understandable in the case of race and sex, because you can't choose your own race or sex the way you can choose your political or religious beliefs.

Drakim
Drakim
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 17th, 2010 @ 07:18 AM Reply

At 5/17/10 07:10 AM, AapoJoki wrote: To be honest, making fun of someone's race or sex is often considered hate speech too. While I think that no topic should be off-limits for humour, the outrage is more understandable in the case of race and sex, because you can't choose your own race or sex the way you can choose your political or religious beliefs.

But the thing is, you CAN make fun of race and sex. Any comedian can go up on stage and make fun of how women shop, make fun of how black people talk, but if he makes fun of Muslims, he is in deep shit.

This, despite as you say, that you can't chose what sex you are, nor can you chose what color you are. But you can chose what religion you are. Nobodies choices should be above criticism and humor.


http://drakim.net - My exploits for those interested

freddorfman
freddorfman
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 24th, 2010 @ 11:21 AM Reply

Well my feeling is they cant raise the Scimitar and behead free speech they can only issue threats and kill , and the more they kill the more angry free men will draw cartoons , So they either have to shut their face or fight


Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. VLADIMIR ILYICH LENIN V OKTYBRYE

BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 24th, 2010 @ 11:27 AM Reply

non-muslims who defend islam are just the worst people ever

except for muslims that is


BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 24th, 2010 @ 11:29 AM Reply

At 5/24/10 11:27 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote: non-muslims who defend islam are just the worst people ever

except for muslims that is

And people who pick up their guns and shoot random muslim-like people are heroes, I get it.


RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize May. 24th, 2010 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 5/24/10 11:29 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: And people who pick up their guns and shoot random muslim-like people are heroes, I get it.

I never said that did I.

I'm not saying they should automatically be shot, I'm saying I personally have a very low opinion of muslims


BBS Signature
PowerRangerYELLOW
PowerRangerYELLOW
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Muhammad Cartoon. Who to criticize Aug. 21st, 2010 @ 03:22 PM Reply

I remember i did an attempt to get a reaction out of fundamentalist Muslim terrorists within a dailytoon three years ago and it fell into total obscurity since no more than 6 people reviewed it.