Respond to this Topic
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-07 20:46:06 Reply

At 5/7/10 12:51 AM, PBass wrote: This argument has long stopped being about the audio community and has turned into an attack on the staff, which is beside the point.

So what if what Psycho Goldfish wasn't being sarcastic? What if the staff all hated the audio community? What now? All that effort spent on attacking the staff's character, and things have only been lost, not gained.

You're engaged in a conversation with the very people that can help you.

Mindchamber, aside from plans to introduce a voting panel for musician of the year, do you think there will be other steps to make the audio community feel more involved? Will there be a more specific definition of what constitutes as musician of the year?

its basically going to work the same way as It does with best movie and best game, there will be a panel of judges from previous wins and from the community, then Tom will personally choose a winner from the 5 finalists. so there's still a chance this drama will happen again, but hopefully it wont get to this point.

as far as I know, there are a few important variables that Tom will probably define when the time comes,

but an obvious one is, how much that musician works with other authors on the site, ex (games and movies)
Being active in the audio community is greatly appreciated, In the end though, this is still a flash site, and the musicians who work towards making it a better flash site are the ones that are gonna be noticed for the award.

I'm being overly formal of course, and they probably haven't made any desicions yet, but it can't hurt and it's definately more useful than mudslinging.
PBass
PBass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-07 21:53:09 Reply

At 5/7/10 08:46 PM, MindChamber wrote: but an obvious one is, how much that musician works with other authors on the site, ex (games and movies)
Being active in the audio community is greatly appreciated, In the end though, this is still a flash site, and the musicians who work towards making it a better flash site are the ones that are gonna be noticed for the award.

Thanks for the reply, that answered a lot. I'm looking forward to see how this year plays out!

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

lolcats098
lolcats098
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-09 11:16:15 Reply

Congrats to everyone who won but why would level up be #1? Sorry I just think level up was hard because when iwent to sleep my levels was gone.

PianoFortress
PianoFortress
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-10 06:12:48 Reply

Congratulations to all the winn0rs! What submissions will be chosen for 2010?! I'm so exciteeeeeed woohoooo...

Katgirl900214
Katgirl900214
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-05-10 17:45:07 Reply

Glad that Tarboy won it was awesome!! But I was confused about game. Level up was good, but some of the other games were waaaaay better.

Pjorg
Pjorg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-06-01 15:41:20 Reply

At 5/2/10 05:32 AM, Rig wrote: You can tell that the admins care about NG's audio community from their pick for musician of the year.

Hey, man, you really shouldn't hate on a particular Audio artist on Newgrounds, even if you don't care for their music, that's no reason to whine about it in the forums.

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video 2010-11-08 17:31:29 Reply

...you can play a heavy role in the newgrounds community without necessarily being in the forums all day or whatever. People have a hard time realizing that being part of the community isnt necessariliy being in the forums. :

How true. Whilst I have learnt the value of dropping into the forums and both using them and helping people in them, I feel that the forum regulars overate the contribution that the BBS makes to Newgrounds, forgetting that thousands of people come to NG and NEVER post.

The BBS is important, but there are SO many other things going on here that don't have to involve the BBS.

We try to keep that balance clear in Wikigrounds, though it is a struggle- people tend to write pages about what interests them and so far, Audio and Art haven't caught peoples attention in that way- which relates to other comments made on this thread. Sad though it may seem to Art or Audio people trying to make their way on this site, they had best work with Flash people to get promotion since this IS primarily a Flash site.
One animation on the FP got me more views in a single evening's work than months on our Wikigrounds thread.

I hope that Tom will make a very clear statement about what he is looking for in each the Tank Awards, if he hasn't already. I think everyone can learn something from this complex and interesting thread.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature