Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:19 PM Reply

At 5/2/10 09:58 PM, mysticmonkey2 wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something a little controversial...

All the awards went to appropriate recipients who deserved them.

HERETIC!!!! D:<

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 5/2/10 09:58 PM, mysticmonkey2 wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something a little controversial...

All the awards went to appropriate recipients who deserved them.

That is 100% true. But there is just some debate amongst the users about who actually deserved them more then others.

I personally don't really care, to tell you the truth I'm a bit more disappointed in the finalist.

BBS Signature
ZagmenO
ZagmenO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:34 PM Reply

So it was said that Hania didn't do much for the audio portal, and thus doesn't deserve the tank award, whereas Rig, for example, is an audio mod and contributes a shitload. Alright sure, Rig may be more involved and passionate about the audio portal than Hania, but that particular award goes to whomever has made the best MUSIC in 2009, not who has made the biggest revolutionary change.

You may not agree that Hania deserved the award, but let's remember what that award was actually for!

I laugh at your sigs!

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 06:33 AM Reply

On my phone right now, video r not load, someone waste half a minute of their lives and Pm me award details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Offgore
Offgore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 07:53 AM Reply

At 5/2/10 11:34 PM, ZagmenO wrote: but that particular award goes to whomever has made the best MUSIC in 2009, not who has made the biggest revolutionary change.

no, she did not make the best music. there are many more artists around here who made better music than her.

mysticmonkey2
mysticmonkey2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 08:02 AM Reply

At 5/3/10 06:33 AM, FurryDemon wrote: On my phone right now, video r not load, someone waste half a minute of their lives and Pm me award details

mmkay

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:51 AM Reply

James you lazy, why didn't you show up :(

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 10:51 AM Reply

goddamn the massive bitching in this thread, hanias a great musician, who got in on a great flash and did some great music for it, hence she got noticed and won, its not like she was the only one in the running im sure it was a close call at the end and to be honest now theres nothing you can do about it so why keep bitching about it, theyre not gunna overturn the result, and ultimately the admins know best and its clever not to argue with them, im from the art forum there isnt even a tank award for artists and you dont see me bitching about that

Offgore
Offgore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 5/3/10 10:51 AM, Ashman wrote:

:, its not like she was the only one in the running im sure it was a close call at the end and to be honest now theres nothing you can do about it so why keep bitching about it

it wasn't a close call... no one even mentioned her in the musicians of 09 suggestions thread in the AF.

and I bet you she wasn't running to get the award.

you don't know what your talking about lol

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 5/3/10 10:51 AM, Ashman wrote: im from the art forum there isnt even a tank award for artists and you dont see me bitching about that

I see what you did there.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 5/3/10 12:37 PM, Sealander wrote: you don't know what your talking about lol

indeed i dont, because i never go to the audio forum, or the audio portal, if somethings good ill see it around the site, sure iv seen some people that are worthy of the award, but she got herself out there and got noticed by the admins and by the whole site, most people love the music in tarboy and the atmosphere it creates, im just rambling now but still its not fair to hate on someone for winning an award, just say congrats move on and try again next year, its not like she completely didnt deserve it, at least she was a worthy winner

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 04:30 PM Reply

I thought the award ceremony this year was a bit poor in quality. While it was cool to have a live stream from a party at the Newgrounds HQ, the audio and visuals were pretty bad. The ceremony itself was late, and at least on one occasion the winner was accidentally shown before the award was announced.

It was a cool idea, but I can't say I liked it all too much. Hopefully you guys adopt a standard process of announcing these awards. Perhaps next time you can give a direct feed as opposed to a webcam come time for the awards?

Other than that, I was satisfied with the winner. The HQ looks like it is really coming along too.

DrSubtitles
DrSubtitles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 06:56 PM Reply

RAWRZ?

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:07 PM Reply

Pretty decent, they should put it on a flash though soon. Webcam stream wasn't so great of an idea, makes me feel a little excluded too haha.

I think Hania deserved the award too...she's a nice artist and presents herself to her fans pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 5/3/10 04:30 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I thought the award ceremony this year was a bit poor in quality. While it was cool to have a live stream from a party at the Newgrounds HQ, the audio and visuals were pretty bad. The ceremony itself was late, and at least on one occasion the winner was accidentally shown before the award was announced.

practice makes perfect. and we already have ideas on how to make the next one better.

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 5/2/10 07:59 PM, Gravey wrote:
Yea, I can see this. But at the same time, would it cost too much time for an admin to post a thread that says "Musician of the year" ideas here, or "Make the audio portal better" ideas here. And then check it periodically in the last month or so leading up to the final award?

this would work.. except, its not your decision, or anyone else's on this site but Toms.
its his site, his decision. Volunteering for a site is just that volunteering. that doesnt allot you any control over the site or how the owners run it.

Its likes having the interns at Disney demand to have a say as to what the next Disney movie will be based on.

And yah what Rig did was fuckin Tacky, he pulled a Kanye ....

ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 01:16 AM Reply

Nice job with those 3d animations, MC. They added a nice pro touch to the whole thing :)

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
stigg
stigg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 02:53 AM Reply

congratz to the awesome winners

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 03:03 AM Reply

At 5/4/10 01:15 AM, MindChamber wrote: And yah what Rig did was fuckin Tacky, he pulled a Kanye ....

Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry, I should've cooled off for a few days.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
ColonelCocks
ColonelCocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 03:34 AM Reply

At 5/2/10 06:02 PM, Chronamut wrote:
that is like what kanye west did to carrie underwood..

You should be ashamed of yourself mixing up Carrie Underwood with Taylor Swift.

BBS Signature
ThePortalGuru
ThePortalGuru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 08:03 AM Reply

While I do think that there are alot of great artists in the AP that deserves an award, I think choosing Hania makes perfect sense in many ways:

- She made the soundtrack to one of the biggest movies of 09, a movie that also won the award of best movie.
- She've released an album, yet she keeps submitting to NG.
- She's an amazing singer and audio artist!

Basically, I think that her getting the award sends out an IN YOUR FACE message that alot of people seem to miss: - This is first and foremost a site for movies/games, and collaborating artists of different areas of expertise may very well give users a bigger chanse of winning something. This should be a carrot for EVERYONE to start COLLABORATING more, and for the audio artists it might be interpret as a HINT that if you're contributing to alot of flashes actually making custom soundtracks/SFX, you might stand a better chanse in the tank awards.

As for the drama, it seem to more or less have settled, but it kindof brings up a valid point - alot of people in the audio-community somehow have managed to completley miss out on the points I described above, especially the COLLAB part.
This is something the ones who wishes to contribute to the forum in other ways could try to think of when organizing collabs, contests etc.

loldrama yous guises aer so silleh ^_____________^

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 5/4/10 12:57 AM, MindChamber wrote: practice makes perfect. and we already have ideas on how to make the next one better.

A suggestion would be to boost the excitement of each category a little further. The movie + games had that OK, but both musician + user of the year had no list of nominees. At least a few nominees could be presented on the spot before the actual announcing of the winner, just for the extra thrill.

Also, I hope there will be an artportal-category for 2010! :)

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 5/4/10 03:34 AM, ColonelCocks wrote:
At 5/2/10 06:02 PM, Chronamut wrote:
that is like what kanye west did to carrie underwood..
You should be ashamed of yourself mixing up Carrie Underwood with Taylor Swift.

damnit THATS who it was- yes - I am ashamed - I am sorry :(

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 5/4/10 08:33 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 5/4/10 12:57 AM, MindChamber wrote: practice makes perfect. and we already have ideas on how to make the next one better.
A suggestion would be to boost the excitement of each category a little further. The movie + games had that OK, but both musician + user of the year had no list of nominees. At least a few nominees could be presented on the spot before the actual announcing of the winner, just for the extra thrill.

Also, I hope there will be an artportal-category for 2010! :)

yeah at least throw in some random people that you never intend to vote on neways just to make it seem like there is some diversity :P

also I heard rumours that hania and the guy that made tarboy are married or something...

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 09:55 AM Reply

Just got done seeing most of the Pico Day 2010 submission and though there weren't as many this year as usual the quality was still great and there were lots of excellent Pico flashes out there so congrats to all the winners and thanks for the flashes. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 5/4/10 08:54 AM, Chronamut wrote: also I heard rumours that hania and the guy that made tarboy are married or something...

It's not a rumour, they are husband and wife. The clue is in the name, Hania Lee and James Lee.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 10:03 AM Reply

Wow, so much ass kissing going on in here :/

Mods + admins, great job running newgrounds. Tarboy was a great flash and deserved to win. I seem to recall reading that there was a panel of judges that picked tarboy. There was also a panel that picked the game of the year (I missed which game it was/ don't play flash games.) Was there a panel of judges that picked hania and if so, who?

Aside from liljim, most of the admins don't really get involved with the audio community (and liljim only once in a blue moon when he decides it's time to defend the system he helped create.) Fact is, you guys SUCK at taking any sort of criticism. While our responses may have been vaguely extreme, you guys have been nothing but hypocrites.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Tank Awards, Winners Video May. 4th, 2010 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 5/4/10 10:03 AM, Quarl wrote: Wow, so much ass kissing going on in here :/

Please, answer me this one question: did you contact the administrators privately to explain your grievances in a polite and measured way, or did you go straight to public bitching?