00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GooeyOso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

126,925 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 14:33:06

So, Woods got character of the year at the VGA's. I don't think he deserves it, really. They could have done better.

But Black Ops also got FPS of the year, another undeserving award. I mean, the game is good, but certainly not GOTY year materiel.

/rant

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 14:42:36

But Black Ops also got FPS of the year

Battlefield wasn't even nominated, was it?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 14:50:40

At 12/12/10 02:42 PM, Makeshift wrote:

Seriously? I would have given it FPS of the year over CoD any day.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 14:55:32

At 12/12/10 02:33 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote: So, Woods got character of the year at the VGA's. I don't think he deserves it, really. They could have done better.
But Black Ops also got FPS of the year, another undeserving award. I mean, the game is good, but certainly not GOTY year material.

This is why I fucking hate the VGA's with a fucking passion. It's not judging what games are actually better. It's not judging who has more character development and a better story. It's judging what fucking game has a larger fanbase and what's more fucking popular at the time.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 14:56:02

At 12/12/10 01:52 PM, Snuff wrote: Another thing I hate, when I'm in a bad mood, is at the beginning always, and sometimes during the match, when there's two of you trying to run in the same direction and you keep stopping then sprinting again and I always have to stop to let them walk in front of me because it really irritates me.

Yeah, i hate that too. So annoying. I usually just let them past aswell.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 15:05:56

At 12/12/10 02:42 PM, Makeshift wrote:

Bad Company 2 was nominated, yes. I half expected it to win the vote. Seems like they just went with the most overrated game.

Red Dead Redemption got overall Game of the Year, at least.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 16:21:48

At 12/12/10 03:05 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
Red Dead Redemption got overall Game of the Year, at least.

At least something worthy got it, even if I would have gone for Just Cause 2 because of my fanboy-ism.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-12 21:01:59

Decided to do a High Roller wager match. Ended up being Sharpshooter on Summit. I couldn't find anyone most of the time and fell into 6th instantly. With just a minute or so left I finally got a few kills. Now I was in 4th and we had our final weapon... the fucking Death Machine. So I actually got into 3rd a couple times and then I died. Now there's 8 seconds left and I spawn. I can barely fucking move with this thing and I need 1 kill to come in 3rd... It takes me 8 seconds to walk up a hill and not get any kills. Grrrr....

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 04:20:08

Oh, this game is fun.

How do I get past round 7 or so in solo zombie mode?

They keep ganging up on me. :(

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 06:12:17

At 12/13/10 04:20 AM, Seriana wrote: How do I get past round 7 or so in solo zombie mode?
They keep ganging up on me. :(

Open doors and get to the theater. Get yourself a decent gun and just keep moving. Never stop to kill zombies, just keep moving and picking off zombies that get too close or are in your way. Once you get a good gun from the random gun box, activate the teleporter and boost it up (costs 5000 credits). That should help you out a bit.

I also like to buy the bowie knife, as it's a one stab kill on zombies and dogs up to about round 14.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 14:41:31

At 12/13/10 03:22 AM, theartofkc wrote: how about not judging cod for the massive game that it is and actually playing it black ops is one of the most balanced of the series and it actually gets developer support. battlefield was great but overall it was meh it has one thing going for it multiplayer the singleplayer was average like really another fucking emp storyline didnt splinter cell and mw2 do that shit already. anyway black ops has more going for it an actual good story for the first time interesting characters good multiplayer as expected and once again zombies which most people love blacks ops deserved it for once chill with the cod hate.

Commas, Question Marks, Full Stops and Exclamation Marks are pretty cool.

Battlefield Multiplayer > CoD Multiplayer though, quite easily.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 16:21:35

At 12/13/10 06:12 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Open doors and get to the theater. Get yourself a decent gun and just keep moving.

I don't even remember the names of the guns. I used to use the initial shotgun but I'm using that rifle that one shots with head shots. I can't get past the dogs using the rifle, I need to stop to buy an SMG or something.

Never stop to kill zombies, just keep moving and picking off zombies that get too close or are in your way.

Dunno, they don't respawn fast enough until round 4 or so..

Once you get a good gun from the random gun box, activate the teleporter and boost it up (costs 5000 credits). That should help you out a bit.

Oh? What happens with the teleporter?

I also like to buy the bowie knife, as it's a one stab kill on zombies and dogs up to about round 14.

Doh. The zombies kill you in like, two melee hits and its really aggravating. Any way to get around it, besides a reviver?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 16:23:42

I was shooting a rocket.... and then some guy on my team decided to jump in front of me killing him and myself.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 16:25:13

At 12/13/10 04:23 PM, Makeshift wrote: I was shooting a rocket.... and then some guy on my team decided to jump in front of me killing him and myself.

And of course after he got angry with me, even though he caused me to die and lose 500 XP...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 16:30:28

At 12/13/10 04:25 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 12/13/10 04:23 PM, Makeshift wrote: I was shooting a rocket.... and then some guy on my team decided to jump in front of me killing him and myself.
And of course after he got angry with me, even though he caused me to die and lose 500 XP...

pro hax him

hXc

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 16:55:41

I've had worse. I had the Grim Reaper and some idiot jumped off the second floor balcony on the Grid map right when I was firing. Only this was standard Team Deathmatch, and so only I died for his idiocy.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 17:06:07

Some guy I recorded was being an Crossbow faggot (And most likely using autoaim) but the first kill he gets was by an explosive bolt at close range but the enemy didnt notice, ran into him and blew them both up.

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-13 19:08:31

At 12/13/10 04:21 PM, Seriana wrote: I used to use the initial shotgun but I'm using that rifle that one shots with head shots. I can't get past the dogs using the rifle, I need to stop to buy an SMG or something.

I personally never buy a gun in the first room. I save up a few credits, open the downstairs door and buy the MPL - a decent SMG in that room.

You can find loads of strategies and in-depth help, along with a map of the building
over here.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-14 07:12:11

Patch just came out. Gonna see if I notice any differences :/

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-14 11:02:19

At 12/14/10 07:12 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Patch just came out. Gonna see if I notice any differences :/

Got rid of sniper jitter while zooming in and fixed the glitch where you can see the perks of the person that killed you even when you're spectating your teammates.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-14 16:04:10

At 12/14/10 07:12 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Patch just came out. Gonna see if I notice any differences :/

I thought it came out a few days ago for PSN? Or are you on Live?

Well, whatever. I get to move into my new apartment soon and the first thing I'm going to do is get on PSN and camp with sniper rifles.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-14 16:11:00

Oh..I don't even get the Dragonuv or anything else until 22. Poo.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-14 16:14:21

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

Was looking at the MW2 page, not the Blops.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-14 17:36:36

Again, giving CoD best fps of the year for having the biggest (sadly) and whiniest fanbase.

Please tell me Battlefield was atleast nominated. Battlefield not winning is making me sick already.

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-15 00:58:41

Well the leader boards have already been hacked, who didn't see that coming? Anyway, who uses what class and for what purpose? Like if you play objective games, what do you tend to use to capture it the objective the quickest?

I'm looking to swap tips and such :3

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-15 01:13:31

At 12/15/10 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
I'm looking to swap tips and such :3

For my fast class I use an MPL with red dot, (just preference, you could use whatever attatchment) lightweight, marathon, and sleight of hand/warlord. Also insertions help a LOT.

As for defending, I use an M60, Flak Jacket (no grenades while defusing) Sleight of Hand, and probably ninja or something, I dont really pay attention to my 3rd perks. Also Willy Petes help a LOT. While defusing, if you throw a Willy Pete, most people will chuck a grenade and forget about you, but with Flak Jacket, that doesn't quite work, and with the Willy Pete up, they'll have a harder time shooting you. The only problem is respawn times in many objective gametypes.

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-15 01:35:55

At 12/15/10 01:13 AM, Toki911 wrote:
At 12/15/10 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
For my fast class I use an MPL with red dot, (just preference, you could use whatever attatchment) lightweight, marathon, and sleight of hand/warlord. Also insertions help a LOT.

For my fast class, or as I call it my "Flag" class, it's a suppressed Galil with iron sights, Hardline, Sleight of Hand, and Marathon. An assault rifle lessens your mobility, but it's mainly my offensive class so I need the power and range. Plus, Marathon Pro makes up for it.

As for defending, I use an M60, Flak Jacket (no grenades while defusing) Sleight of Hand, and probably ninja or something, I dont really pay attention to my 3rd perks.

I usually have on Ghost, a shotgun or LMG, Warlord, and Ninja.

Also Willy Petes help a LOT. While defusing, if you throw a Willy Pete, most people will chuck a grenade and forget about you, but with Flak Jacket, that doesn't quite work, and with the Willy Pete up, they'll have a harder time shooting you. The only problem is respawn times in many objective gametypes.

I use NOTHING but Willy Pete :D. I don't use Flak Jacket that much if at all, but I'll try it out, thanks.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-15 03:32:48

At 12/15/10 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I'm looking to swap tips and such :3

For demolition and hq, I use flak jacket, sleight of hand and tactical mask. And I use the ak74u or an assault rifle depending on the size of the map. And mortar team, napalm strike and uav as my killstreaks.

For ctf I use the ak74u with rapid fire, lightweight, sleight of hand and marathon pro.
And uav, counter uav and attack helicopter for my killstreaks.

I almost only use the tactical insertion, when I play. Because spawning right next to the enemy flag in ctf, or spawning right next to the bomb in demolition is fucking fantastic.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-15 04:17:40

At 12/15/10 12:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I'm looking to swap tips and such :3

Stopping power + Dragonuv + Cozy corner = Fun time pressing the trigger every time something runs by.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-12-15 11:58:57

At 12/15/10 04:17 AM, Seriana wrote:
Stopping power + Dragonuv + Cozy corner = Fun time pressing the trigger every time something runs by.

stopping power isn't in mw2

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature