New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jacco
Jacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 10/20/10 09:12 AM, Dapper wrote: Does anyone have any hope that the singleplayer campaign will be a little longer this time? Both Modern Warfares and World at War had awesome campaigns, with pretty shocking cutscenes (or whatever you want to call them). It was such a shame it had to end too soon. They each had really memorable moments in the campaign, for example my favourite will always be in MW2, the scene where Ghost dies after being shot by Shepherd, or even in Call fo Duty 4 where the nuke is detonated.

Yes, the campaign shoud be longer. The head of Treyarch already said that the ending will be very good though!

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 10:24 AM Reply

I wonder how this game is going to sell in comparison to MW2. The great draw of MW2 was that everyone in the world has that fucking game and no matter who you met IRL you were always sure that they would have that game and you could play online with them.

I had about half of my school on my PSN friends list because they all had MW2.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 10/20/10 10:24 AM, Cootie wrote: I wonder how this game is going to sell in comparison to MW2.

Well the game currently has more pre-orders than MW2 ever had, so yeah...

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 10:45 AM Reply

At 10/20/10 10:31 AM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 10/20/10 10:24 AM, Cootie wrote: I wonder how this game is going to sell in comparison to MW2.
Well the game currently has more pre-orders than MW2 ever had, so yeah...

That doesn't always mean that the game will sell more though. Most of the people who buy games don't even pre-order them. We will just have to wait until the day of launch to see how many people are going to buy this thing. The record that MW2 set is going to be hard to beat.

BBS Signature
M-Y
M-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 4/30/10 06:45 PM, cheat69death wrote: Trailer is going to be on GTTV tonight

its already on youtube gramps

Aryk
Aryk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 10/20/10 10:58 AM, Jawdyn wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwBGyufD Rs

lol when he dives over the rocket at the end

Sweet no drop shotting. God that's annoying

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 05:45 PM Reply

Traded in a load of games yesterday so now I have enough money to buy Black Ops when it comes out, aswell as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

God, the multiplayer is looking amazing, though I'm slightly annoyed by the fact the Model 1887s are back along with the Akimbo (which I didn't mind as long as it wasn't on the models). Although, they stopped being such an issue after a couple of months and this game looks much more balanced.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 10/20/10 05:45 PM, ZOMGALIENS wrote:
God, the multiplayer is looking amazing, though I'm slightly annoyed by the fact the Model 1887s are back along with the Akimbo (which I didn't mind as long as it wasn't on the models). Although, they stopped being such an issue after a couple of months and this game looks much more balanced.

From everything they creator have said it seems like they are really trying to make this game much less frustrating and taking out or nerfing all the things that could be cheap. MW2 had some problems with balance and the fact that they are trying to correct that is a really good thing.

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 10/20/10 05:47 PM, Cootie wrote:
From everything they creator have said it seems like they are really trying to make this game much less frustrating and taking out or nerfing all the things that could be cheap. MW2 had some problems with balance and the fact that they are trying to correct that is a really good thing.

Heres hoping they keep to those promises, my only worry now. Fuck glitches, unbalenced guns, and quick scoping. as long as they listen, they cant go wrong. Also quoted text, so more explaining!

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Its a Singleplayer only weapon i think.

BBS Signature
Dapper
Dapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 21st, 2010 @ 05:45 AM Reply

At 10/20/10 10:17 AM, Jacco wrote: Yes, the campaign shoud be longer. The head of Treyarch already said that the ending will be very good though!

Sounds good, I'll take his word. But I hope they're not lying when they say it's going to be as different as CoD2 is to CoD4 (or WaW?). It's not that the current game engine they've had since CoD4 is bad, in fact it's great. It's just that they really need to make it so much more different now - buuuuut it still needs to feel like a Call of Duty game!

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 21st, 2010 @ 09:21 PM Reply

http://www.gknova6.com/

Viral site for the zombie mode.

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 21st, 2010 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 10/21/10 09:21 PM, xscoot wrote: http://www.gknova6.com/

Viral site for the zombie mode.

we know.

BBS Signature
Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 21st, 2010 @ 11:55 PM Reply

Been kind of on the fence about this game so far. It looks like Treyarch is going to do a better job with this time around rather than being a copypaste job with a World War 2 skin.

I won't be getting the Prestige edition though. I won't have the room for an RC car that I will never use.

I bought the MW2 Prestige edition. Sue me.

So I'll at least spring for the collectors edition. I also like how the first perk decides your appearance rather than your weapon choice. Adds a new dimension of strategy I think.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 22nd, 2010 @ 03:59 PM Reply

I finally got around to pre ordering it and I'm getting the game for free thanks to the lower price on Amazon and all the credit I saved up from trade ins. (BTW, Amazon Trade ins are 100 times better than retail places as they give more credit and there are no more sales pitches about cards or magazine subscriptions.)

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

Confirmed guys, 15 prestiges. They wernt even trying to hide it, untill someone started making big disscussions and it became a game to them. lol.

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 07:49 AM Reply

At 10/22/10 04:50 PM, chubzilla100 wrote: Confirmed guys, 15 prestiges. They wernt even trying to hide it, untill someone started making big disscussions and it became a game to them. lol.

15? i thought i was 14

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:25 AM Reply

Black Ops looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad they're including all of the console features, unlocked the console, mod tools, and dedicated servers to PC. Not to mention, they're actually trying to have some balance.

I'll probably end up pre-ordering it, kind of sad. This stuff should be mandatory.

Looking forward to it anyway.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 10/23/10 07:49 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 10/22/10 04:50 PM, chubzilla100 wrote: Confirmed guys, 15 prestiges. They wernt even trying to hide it, untill someone started making big disscussions and it became a game to them. lol.
15? i thought i was 14

No, they just confirmed it was 15. t will take as long as 10 will in the others though, as the lv cap is now 50

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:02 AM Reply

At 10/23/10 09:53 AM, chubzilla100 wrote: No, they just confirmed it was 15. t will take as long as 10 will in the others though, as the lv cap is now 50

So it'll most likely only go up to general like WaW. That's not so bad, I might actually bother to prestige this time then.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:44 AM Reply

At 10/23/10 10:02 AM, Quinny wrote:
At 10/23/10 09:53 AM, chubzilla100 wrote: No, they just confirmed it was 15. t will take as long as 10 will in the others though, as the lv cap is now 50
So it'll most likely only go up to general like WaW. That's not so bad, I might actually bother to prestige this time then.

I'll probably have a prestige account and an account where I don't prestige. Like I have for mw2

Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:55 AM Reply

At 10/23/10 10:02 AM, Quinny wrote:

Yeah, the fact that each Call of Duty game was just 10-upping each other in the level cap was stupid. 50 is a good number to go with.

kittehg0d
kittehg0d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Could you link me where they confirmed it? ;)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:31 AM Reply

At 10/23/10 11:28 AM, kittehg0d wrote: Could you link me where they confirmed it? ;)

This is all I found.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:02 AM Reply

I always try to prestige when I can, having everything all the time makes the game too bland when you reach the cap, I like having to get all the way back up again, get Red Tiger again. All that good jazz.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 10/24/10 03:02 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: I always try to prestige when I can, having everything all the time makes the game too bland when you reach the cap, I like having to get all the way back up again, get Red Tiger again. All that good jazz.

Yeah that's fun. But I hate when I'm in a mood to use the ak47 on mw2, but I can't because I just prestiged! Thank god they changed that in black ops

BBS Signature
Matt2k8
Matt2k8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 10:15 AM Reply

Their will be no quick scoping in Black Ops :c

Any footage you've seen in the beta or leaked footage will not be in the final game.

Confirmed by Josh Ollin. Community manager.

PSN: Mazzoo969
Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature
chubzilla100
chubzilla100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 10/26/10 10:15 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Their will be no quick scoping in Black Ops :c

Not NO QSing, Just back to how it was in CoD4, Only Harder. Pepole will still QS, But they cant full out stop it.

Any footage you've seen in the beta or leaked footage will not be in the final game.

That'll be...Interesting. 4 maps Out of the window, and almost all of the wepons?

BBS Signature
Toki911
Toki911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 10:15 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Any footage you've seen in the beta or leaked footage will not be in the final game.

What exactly do you mean by this? Like they're still working on balancing and new additions or what?

GT: Danul454

HammerBrute
HammerBrute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 07:20 PM, Toki911 wrote:
At 10/26/10 10:15 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Any footage you've seen in the beta or leaked footage will not be in the final game.

What exactly do you mean by this? Like they're still working on balancing and new additions or what?

Any footage of quickscoping.
Jesus, two people made the same dumb mistake.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature