00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

500mb soundfont library available

20,474 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 01:01:47

Over the years, I've found tons of free soundfonts on the internet, some good and some not so good. After downloading the much-sought-after SJ Orchestral GM and fixing the corrupt file, I realized that I might have a pretty good library that people could use. So, I've decided to upload them. Note that these files are geared toward orchestral composers.

About the files:

Florestan
-Piano
-Choir
-Woodwinds collection
-Solo strings
-Ensemble strings
-Pizzicato strings
-French Horns
-Trumpet metallic
-Contrabassoon (not included in woodwinds)
-harmonica
-Tubular bells and glide

Although these aren't the greatest samples, they can be used very effectively. The french horns are excellent, as well as the trumpet.

Papelmedia
-Trumpet
-Trombone (with a separate staccato isolated from the original soundfont)
-Choir
-Irina Brochin
-Flute
-Strings (with staccato isolated also)
-Tremolo strings
-Pizzicato strings

I've used all of these instruments several times, with the exception of Irina Brochin. The brass is almost god-tier, the string is good for semi-quick melodies, and the flute is excellent for legato.

Roland Orchestral Rhythm- Very good bass drum, timpani, cymbals (piatti), gongs (tamtam and gong), and snares (snare, snare drum, and snare roll selection, the first two are markedly different.)

Squidfont- I'm sure everyone has this already.

AAviolin- The best solo violin soundfont I have ever found, hands down. I used it in my most recent song.

SJ Orchestral GM- Comes with a whole assortment of different instruments, plus a couple of instruments from squidfont too, I noticed. The gems from this include the piano, various melodic percussion instruments, 4 ensemble string selection, and marcato string section. There are two versions, the messed up version and the fixed version. Download the fixed version. I'll remove the corrupted version later.

SJ stac strings fixed- I removed the filter on the marcato strings and separated it from the rest of the soundfont. Although I like the sound of the strings themselves, they require a ton of work with an EQ, just so you know.

Heroic Horns- A good FH soundfont.

Orchestral Strings- A string ensemble soundfont that I found quite good. I used this on my latest song also.

There's more than that, but those are the gems IMO.

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php?r=o jlel

Enjoy and provide your own!

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 01:18:17

Tried downloading so I could give these to my sister later. The link doesn't seem to be working. Do you have to have an account to DL stuff? Because the link just redirects me to mediafire.com

BBS Signature

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 01:30:35

Whoops, sorry. Forgot I was still logged in.

http://www.mediafire.com/blackattack

Make sure to go to the soundfonts folder to find them. The only other stuff there is my various KOE WIPs and my schoolwork.

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 01:36:51

Ok, but you really shouldn't give out links with your WIPs being available. Some douche here is likely to steal, delete, or do something stupid to your stuff. And especially if you have schoolwork you shouldn't make available in threads like this.

Unless all that stuff isn't important to you. Then I wouldn't worry about it. But still, I'd never let anyone have access to WIP projects and/or my schoolwork. Huge risk in someone effing something up.

That aside thanks for the sound fonts. It will help my sister out a lot to have something other than the Edirol I gave her. I threw all mine out when I bought my EastWest gear and I felt like a douche only having Edirol to give to my sister. This is greatly appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 01:39:17

Good point, I should move them to a secure folder. Thanks for pointing that out.

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 01:42:21

just got a bunch of the sfs ill give my verdict in a few hours most likely

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 02:18:26

Thanks a lot dude!

~Mike~

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2010-04-26 02:20:55

At 4/26/10 01:42 AM, SessileNomad wrote: just got a bunch of the sfs ill give my verdict in a few hours most likely

I've used nearly all of them before. I think as far as soundfonts go they are very good quality. But they don't compare to professional sample libraries like projectsam or eastwest stuff. But for being free soundfonts, they are really great for someone on a very low budget.

Definitely grab these while ya can. ;-)

BBS Signature

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2015-02-10 13:39:37

Sorry for the necrobump, but the links are currently dead. Although I did grab them earlier, it'd be useful to link it to my friends.

p.s. ur gay

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2015-02-11 05:20:55

At 2/10/15 01:39 PM, TheBetterAudioPortal wrote: Sorry for the necrobump, but the links are currently dead. Although I did grab them earlier, it'd be useful to link it to my friends.
At 2/10/15 09:59 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: The links are both down. :T

Try this thread out instead.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to 500mb soundfont library available 2015-02-11 11:08:14

At 2/11/15 05:20 AM, Step wrote:
At 2/10/15 01:39 PM, TheBetterAudioPortal wrote: Sorry for the necrobump, but the links are currently dead. Although I did grab them earlier, it'd be useful to link it to my friends.
At 2/10/15 09:59 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: The links are both down. :T
Try this thread out instead.

thx bby <3

p.s. ur gay