Be a Supporter!

*new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3

  • 6,898 Views
  • 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
*new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 10:36 AM Reply

Welcome to Round 3, MC Knock Out's semi-finals!

The set up is the same as Round 2: each MC gets 16 bars twice. 16 - 16 - 16 - 16, for the slower folks. Record your track and send me the .wav mix-down. If you want to speed things up you can send it to your opponent too. Don't waste empty bars on the track, some of them have exactly enough room to fit 4 verses.

Murdaa vs Exceptid62190 Beat: Offspring by S-Rock:

  • [S_Rock] Offspring
    [S_Rock] Offspring by S-Rock

    Click to listen.

    Score
    4.33 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    333 Views

linez vs GloineFiodh Beat: Serotonin by YunVeroz:

  • Yun - Serotonin
    Yun - Serotonin by YunVeroz

    Click to listen.

    Score
    4.13 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    2,088 Views


BBS Signature
GloineFiodh
GloineFiodh
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 11:38 AM Reply

fucking balls. i already recorded for gasmasq. that lil bitch dropped out.

IKONiC
IKONiC
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 11:38 AM, GloineFiodh wrote: fucking balls. i already recorded for gasmasq. that lil bitch dropped out.

To be honest man, I think he would've won... You're pretty lucky.


BBS Signature
Lejin
Lejin
  • Member since: Nov. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 10:36 AM, tingtonger wrote: Welcome to Round 3, MC Knock Out's semi-finals!

The set up is the same as Round 2: each MC gets 16 bars twice. 16 - 16 - 16 - 16, for the slower folks. Record your track and send me the .wav mix-down. If you want to speed things up you can send it to your opponent too. Don't waste empty bars on the track, some of them have exactly enough room to fit 4 verses.

Murdaa vs Exceptid62190 Beat: Offspring by S-Rock:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 04043
linez vs GloineFiodh Beat: Serotonin by YunVeroz:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 72285

Took you long enough. Lets hope you dont pull any more last minute random crap on the remainder of this competition.


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 03:11 PM Reply

An idea:

GloineFiodh, when this comp is over, upload your 16 bars and send them to Gasmasq. You guys can still have your battle after this!


BBS Signature
GloineFiodh
GloineFiodh
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 03:00 PM, IKONiC wrote:
At 4/19/10 11:38 AM, GloineFiodh wrote: fucking balls. i already recorded for gasmasq. that lil bitch dropped out.
To be honest man, I think he would've won... You're pretty lucky.

ahhhahahahahaha yeah definitely dude.

Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 04:52 PM Reply

Once this is all said and won, I'm willing to finish our battle Gloine, but if someone hadn't dropped, the comp would've come to a screeching halt and it would've been fucked for everybody.

Regardless, I won't start writing my verse (other than the 4 bars I've already got for you) until this is over so we still battle by comp rules.

Good luck to all, and to all a good fight.

*new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Gasmasq
Gasmasq
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 06:03 PM Reply

Alright, I'm getting a lot of static for dropping out, because people want to hear more battles.

So how about this:

I will finish my battle with Gloine when the comp is over and if he doesn't win, I will also challenge the winner of the comp to a friendly battle as well. Not to pull a Broken-Needle, but if anyone else from the last two rounds (semis + finals) wants to battle as well, I'm up for it.

Get at me via PM or in this thread and we'll work something out.

*new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature
Broken-Needle
Broken-Needle
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 06:17 PM Reply

dam it man leave needle be=P I like being up ya ass<3


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 06:17 PM, Broken-Needle wrote: I like being up ya ass<3

What? :P


BBS Signature
Broken-Needle
Broken-Needle
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 06:20 PM, tingtonger wrote:
At 4/19/10 06:17 PM, Broken-Needle wrote: I like being up ya ass<3
What? :P

happy 420


BBS Signature
GloineFiodh
GloineFiodh
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 04:52 PM, Gasmasq wrote: Once this is all said and won, I'm willing to finish our battle Gloine, but if someone hadn't dropped, the comp would've come to a screeching halt and it would've been fucked for everybody.

ight yo good looks.

THEICONICICON
THEICONICICON
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 09:28 PM Reply

im up for a battle anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
buddy lol

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Murdaa verse received - Exceptid62190 verse received - waiting for murdaa's reply
waiting for linez first verse


BBS Signature
THEICONICICON
THEICONICICON
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 09:51 PM Reply

this is a message i recieved from Linez

[9:49:47 PM] linezo: i want you to put on the fourm that i wanna battle glonie live
[9:50:02 PM] linezo: if he would be up to the challenge

meaning he wants to battle gloine live on skype...so yea what you think gloine...contact him on skype his name is linezo

BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Honestly, I love the idea of a live battle, but it's hard to do for two reasons.

1. Delayed audio and crap quality of sound is a big downer.
2. You have to coordinate a time to battle, which may or may not be difficult depending on schedules.


BBS Signature
Vinstigator
Vinstigator
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Musician
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 19th, 2010 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 4/19/10 09:51 PM, THEICONICICON wrote: this is a message i recieved from Linez

[9:49:47 PM] linezo: i want you to put on the fourm that i wanna battle glonie live
[9:50:02 PM] linezo: if he would be up to the challenge

meaning he wants to battle gloine live on skype...so yea what you think gloine...contact him on skype his name is linezo

I would love to see a live battle. But like tingtonger said, there has to be a specific time for them to show up. And we all saw that we had a lot of delays just to recieve verses. So it looks like a live battle is out of the question (though it would be awesome if it could be pulled off).


My latest single is now availible on the iTunes music store! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/On -My-Mind-single
Check out my youtube channel youtube.com/Vinstigator

BBS Signature
MickeyMao
MickeyMao
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 02:07 AM Reply

At 4/19/10 09:51 PM, THEICONICICON wrote: this is a message i recieved from Linez

[9:49:47 PM] linezo: i want you to put on the fourm that i wanna battle glonie live
[9:50:02 PM] linezo: if he would be up to the challenge

meaning he wants to battle gloine live on skype...so yea what you think gloine...contact him on skype his name is linezo

Thats a great idea. Can you record skype webcam conversations, that'd be sweet to post on Youtube or in the Flashportal. If we organized a meeting time to have the battle I think it'd work out great. Even if the judges can't be around to judge it, the can watch the recording to make their judgment.


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 02:40 AM Reply

I talked with the MCs and it's not going to work this time, the MCs are just going to record their verses. It's a good idea though, I'd like to see it work sometime in the future.


BBS Signature
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 4/20/10 02:40 AM, tingtonger wrote: I talked with the MCs and it's not going to work this time, the MCs are just going to record their verses. It's a good idea though, I'd like to see it work sometime in the future.

The best thing would be to get them together, then stream the event etc.. that takes time to set up but doing something like this on skpe would get hairy

PS Rip Gasmasq, he sacrificed for all ya sins.

*new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 10:56 AM Reply

The delay in audio could easily be fixed.

Either 1. Do it Acapella
or 2. Have both sides download the MP3 and when the one person is finished, they stop playing the beat and the next person plays it on their end and goes in. Feel me?

Also, streaming would be hard, maybe you should just record it and post it?

MickeyMao
MickeyMao
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 4/20/10 10:56 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: The delay in audio could easily be fixed.

Either 1. Do it Acapella
or 2. Have both sides download the MP3 and when the one person is finished, they stop playing the beat and the next person plays it on their end and goes in. Feel me?

Also, streaming would be hard, maybe you should just record it and post it?

If a live battle can be done, I think it should be done.
I think an acapella battle would be tight.
Would each side get about a minute of response time, I sure as hell can't count bars in my head during a free.
How long would it take to mix the battle into a "seemless" audio track? half an hour or so tops.

If both sides agree to this challenge, why isnt this being done?


BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 4/20/10 03:43 PM, MickeyMao wrote: If both sides agree to this challenge, why isnt this being done?

Both sides didn't agree. I talked to the MCs and it's not going to work this time. I would be into experimenting with online battles some other time though.


BBS Signature
IKONiC
IKONiC
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 4/20/10 03:56 PM, tingtonger wrote:
At 4/20/10 03:43 PM, MickeyMao wrote: If both sides agree to this challenge, why isnt this being done?
Both sides didn't agree. I talked to the MCs and it's not going to work this time. I would be into experimenting with online battles some other time though.

Like Bill said, if you do it acapella or get both people to download the track there shouldn't be a problem. Also, skype has flawless quality and next to no latency issues, even globally.


BBS Signature
linez
linez
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 4/20/10 03:56 PM, tingtonger wrote:
At 4/20/10 03:43 PM, MickeyMao wrote: If both sides agree to this challenge, why isnt this being done?
Both sides didn't agree. I talked to the MCs and it's not going to work this time. I would be into experimenting with online battles some other time though.

IM STILL DOWN....IT WAS MY IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE ON TOP OF THAT TONGER TOLD ME GLOINE DID'NT WANT TO DO IT.ILL BATTLE ANYONE ON SKYPE OPEN TO ALL CONTENDERS.

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 20th, 2010 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 4/20/10 05:33 PM, linez wrote:

IM STILL DOWN....IT WAS MY IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE ON TOP OF THAT TONGER TOLD ME GLOINE DID'NT WANT TO DO IT.ILL BATTLE ANYONE ON SKYPE OPEN TO ALL CONTENDERS.

looks like you're already battlin' your caps button

DJ-Delinquent
DJ-Delinquent
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 21st, 2010 @ 12:00 AM Reply

so im like overly stoke on the Final Beat

can i make it? @_@

fresh battle beat for the Final Beat specificaly made for this very competition

ive read through all the bitching and complaining

and now i know the beat that will suit both contenders

please allow me to construct such epic Dopeness

oh and also

*cough* KOA officialy runs Newgrounds *cough*

GAME OVER!

*new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3


DJ Delinquent. Musically Performing Armed Robbery

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Member since: May. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 21st, 2010 @ 01:33 AM Reply

i agree with DJ-D. let him make the beat. his stuff would be the most battle-worthy, in my humble opinion.

MickeyMao
MickeyMao
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 21st, 2010 @ 04:09 PM Reply

Del if you got the beat in your head, why aren't you making it now! I agree, let the man make the beat! If no one else is interested in making the final beat, why not?

Maybe, if anyone else is interesting in cooking up a final beat for the emcee knockout, we could have one more event! :D A battle for the final battle beat!


BBS Signature
Gunner-D
Gunner-D
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to *new* Nghh Mc Knock Out Round 3 Apr. 21st, 2010 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 4/21/10 04:09 PM, MickeyMao wrote: Maybe, if anyone else is interesting in cooking up a final beat for the emcee knockout, we could have one more event! :D A battle for the final battle beat!

Im down . if this is the real deal, ill post my best battle beat.