00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reinvent Your Town

39,107 Views | 166 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-20 20:15:58

I wish they had a laser tag place like that in every place..

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-21 00:41:03

How about a Game art gallery, with revolving collections? I've always wanted one of those.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-21 04:39:29

I don't know why no one has thought of combining a bookstore with a bar. No grind music or djs, and the loud/belligerent drunks are thrown out, so the noise will not be too deafening. If you make a purchase over $30, you receive a discount on alcohol the next time you visit. You puke on it you bought it rules should also apply.

Pros:
-Bookstores reach a new demographic
-Enhances experience for existing customers
-Provides customers with incentives to buy books
-Creates an additional source of income for the business

Cons:
-Loss of demographic b/c of drinking age restrictions
-Additional upkeep and maintenance costs
-Complications of acquiring both a business license and a liquor license
-Dangers of storing high-proof alcohol and large amounts of flammable material in one building

What the hell have you done today?

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-21 21:13:38

He acts like we care... This is the first and LAST time that I will ever read one of these stupid posts.
I'm going back to Kongregate.

Baglady74 the words written above were written by me and if you really care enough to read someones signature you have a little to much time on your hands

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-22 04:31:25

I would move across the united states to be apart of a town that had you're kind of thinking.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-22 20:02:00

Gosh, i would love it if my town had something fun. Last cool thing we had was a little place filled with computers where you could pay like 5-10 bucks for every hour and hang there and play all sorts of games. But it got shut down 5-6 weeks after opening. Dx I could go for a cool place to chillax and play some games..

WHO THE FUCK FARTED?!!!?

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-22 21:42:31

when is the NG chat coming Tom its been freaking years man.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-22 22:26:33

I dont know if it's been said yet, but I would definetly want to bring in a huge arcade! Not like a Dave & Buster's or something like that, Im talking your "old time" local arcade, no tokens, QUARTERS! I live in Roxborough, PA, just outside Center City, Phila and in Ivy Ridge, there is a nic piece of storefront that has enough space to accomdate this. Too bad it will never happen. I have always had these great ideas for what I would want to do if I had enough capital to do this too.

+To expand on multiplayer games, get a bunch of Wii's, Xbox 360's and PS3's and there could be tournerys and stuff like that!
+Get all kinds of old and newer games and pinball sets
+A snack stand...not an eatery, but just snacks and stuff
+Must have Street Fighter 2 (original cabinet, no wussy Alpha Counters, Air Blocks and/or Supers)
+Will have ALL the best fighter games and old 80's games (like After Burner!!)

These are just some of the ideas I have eevr had when it came to opening up my own arcade. Basically, I would want to do or try to have everything that made going to the arcade so much fun. Places like Dave & Busters dont come close to the hey-day of the arcade, everything is too adult, with bars, and pool and sports all inside, the core of the arcade is lost. Yeah, by having all of those things may bring in more money and "variety", but I think there is jsut something lost that we may not see again..and I just wish I could do something like this.

Reinvent Your Town

SOLIDUS

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-23 00:56:50

At 4/22/10 10:26 PM, solidusliquisol wrote: I don't know if it's been said yet, but I would definitely want to bring in a huge arcade! Not like a Dave & Buster's or something like that, I'm talking your "old time" local arcade, no tokens, QUARTERS!
Places like Dave & Busters don't come close to the hey-day of the arcade, everything is too adult, with bars, and pool and sports all inside, the core of the arcade is lost. Yeah, by having all of those things may bring in more money and "variety", but I think there is just something lost that we may not see again..and I just wish I could do something like this.

Basically the best parts from this comic.
LINK
I still remember the days of spending 10 dollars worth of quarters beating House of the Dead II or the Star Wars Trilogy game. Or dang, this one arcade I went to more than 6 years ago that had a space based game with up to 8 people playing on a massive projector screen.

The memories...

What the hell have you done today?

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-23 08:49:04

you should have some castle crashers figures on the first floor... in real size that could be freaking awesome!

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-23 22:01:14

That's pretty innovative thinking, be careful with that; it kills people!

I wish I was PaintSplat's. alt. account.

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-25 11:51:46

ng rocks and nice work evry one who's making ng office

loco roco!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-27 19:54:34

At 4/14/10 11:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
A store that stocks the neat stuff people make on-line that you wish you could see in-person.

A store with all the NG merchandise, of course! And maybe merch from other cool websites like Penny-Arcade. Like a web-merch alliance.

I think that having online stuff in an actual store would be easy to implement and profitable. I personally hesitate before buying shirts offline because I don't know what the sizes are going to be like, and it's nice to try things on, or even just see them so you know how well they're printed or if the cool design is going to wash off after you wear it a few times.
-Ant

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of it, and someone believed him, and look what it's done so far.-Kermit

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-28 11:42:54

you are one fucked up motherfuckerYOU HAVE ISSUES

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-29 01:42:31

A newgrounds shop so we could buy all this crap real-time

Reinvent Your Town

VOTE SHOOP DA WOOP

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-29 10:20:54

nice updates

I'm bored , and I love to draw

visit my post just by clicking on my name

I'll have to upload more soon

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2021-03-13 12:39:11

I'm so late to the party but thats a great idea!

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature