Respond to this Topic
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 22:07:54 Reply

It would be if my town had a big forklift that could take your entire house over to a different town.

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Famiry
Famiry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 22:55:51 Reply

I think that kind of thing would work well in Baltimore, if every one of those ideas was implemented into one space.

At least, I think it's cool. I'd fund it lol

*sigh*

NerdGotKnife
NerdGotKnife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 22:56:00 Reply

Yeah, And i like how you're always Sezzing stuff. :3

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 23:01:27 Reply

At 4/15/10 10:00 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: For the next Sketchbook tour, Luis should send out bathroom tiles for everyone to decorate, and you should use those for the bathroom's walls.

Holy shit, YES. YES we should. Tell Luis this in case I forget.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
beastkid7
beastkid7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 23:01:41 Reply

I really like the last idea were you sit in a booth and voice act. BOY the physical community that could create! Can only bring cool things my man. Id be like the ultimate Ice breaker -encourage everyone to just be as crazy as you can while voice acting.

Maybe even have a place for Improv. Sorta like a Public studio of some type--and you would attract just the right people who would be interested in your merchandise.

Ideas man! I'm actually think'n of starting my own art Web site...basically you want art we'll make it! ....still gots some fleshing out to do but it might just happen.

beastkid7
beastkid7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 23:28:27 Reply

"A store that stocks the neat stuff people make on-line that you wish you could see in-person."

That is a GREAT idea. Just things that people order online that you can buy in person is great! I actually had an idea of doing somthin like that, its more of things I would produce, sorta things you'd only see online. ex- Zombie pants, Style Goggles, insanly cool lookin head phones . . .

Dude you could even sell collectible character figures, each one having there own ability and things. Make like a board game out of it. With Rare figures and crap like that.

-----

But U no since a lot of people were talking about things to do in there towns. I'll be honest with you I thought there was nothing to do in Long Island NY ...because of all the spoiled LI kids saying ...well "theres nothing to do here." But reading the other peoples comments about how theres ltterally nothing. lol. We've got tons I guess. Dave n Busters, Splish Splash, Lazer tag, paint ball, Sports places, mini-golfing. But it would be amazing if you opened one of those.

Though I do worry that a real life NG community would attract people really REALLY creepy people that should only have contact with over the internet. My advice -we already have an NG community online, make it something different ...target "the average creative person" to have a genuinely fun experience with friends.

I-fang
I-fang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 23:34:57 Reply

Oh well to start with, my town is ubicated in 1900, so free Wireless Internet would be sweet (I know you have it in the states, but man I live in a freaking village)

Id love to have more people interested on art around me. Also if they demolished the stupid night club and replaced it with a nice bar or pub.

It would be awesome to have art stores, and maybe a flea market.

But that´s far away from reality since I live here

Zedralan
Zedralan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 23:40:38 Reply

Tom's never short of kick ass ideas.

If I were diagnosed with a terminal illness I'd take the last days of my life and rob a bank. I'd take that money and donate it to charity. That's how I want to be remembered.

bladebud03
bladebud03
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 23:50:59 Reply

I do believe all newgrounders should pitch some money together, and we should found our own little town in some central location like northern Arkansas. We could integrate all of the great ideas for stores/shops/arcades/etc. that everyone mentions. We could run the shops and stuff and have our own little metropolis. Tom Fulp would be the Mayor, of course. I think it sounds great.

JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 00:23:22 Reply

Tom it must be so fun being you :P 1st floor of awesome and all these crazy ideas!

I would add a literal coffee-house where Tim Horton would pour you your morning coffee from a giant 3 story-coffee-cup...building.....thing

Wiesi
Wiesi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 00:40:34 Reply

Lol, that's an awesome post! And yeah, my town NEEDS an arcade museum!! Also, shark vehicles to drive in are a must! Would be funny to see shark fins in the traffic :D

Mikakou
Mikakou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 01:12:34 Reply

A place that sells video games that was less than an hour away T-T

someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 01:19:37 Reply

At 4/15/10 12:43 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: I'm simply going to say a place for LAN parties simply because I've always wanted to go to one yet have no place to go here (Simply because I live near farms, yay)

A place where you could hold your LAN parties would be a sweet idea. Just provide the infrastructure and charge a low fee, or provide the computers as well and charge a higher fee.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

scottmale24
scottmale24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 02:23:25 Reply

Ever think of branching out into independent publishing? I think it'd be interesting to have a basement publishing thing for comics, books, magazines, what have you.

Art thread // Epic Quest! // Webcomic
Sig art by Kosmikophobia

BBS Signature
Araelyn
Araelyn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 04:23:58 Reply

I totally would dig a movie theatre in my town. I live in a small town and it's growing and tons of new shops just opened. I'm sad that there isn't a movie theatre yet. It'd be great if I could just walk 10 minutes and be able to see a movie whenever I felt like it. Movie theatres are being closed down frequently recently so, I doubt there's going to be one opening up around here.

I also wish there was an arcade so badly. When I was in university, there was an arcade in the basement that hardly anyone knew about and they made bubble tea too. Me and my friends used to go to play In the Groove and play foosball and air hockey. And yes, a perfect place to take your nerdy girlfriend or boyfriend. Guess where I spent my anniversary with my boyfriend a few months ago? Yes, at an arcade playing fucking Street Fighter. But, there are hardly any arcades anywhere. Last arcade game I played was Ms Pac Man at a shitty old bowling alley. Such a shame.

Practically everything I love is becoming obsolete and pretty soon none of us will even have to leave our nests engorged with our material shit.

CogSpin
CogSpin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 07:28:26 Reply

Frankly, you should make a giant bouncy castle.

cogspin

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 07:33:56 Reply

At 4/16/10 07:28 AM, Mr-Money wrote: Frankly, you should make a giant bouncy castle.

Like the one in Castle Crashers Fucking epic man!

ZagmenO
ZagmenO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 08:28:36 Reply

I'm looking forward to the outcome of this little area! I'm not too far from Philly so I could probably stop by there after it's finished. I definitely want to buy some merchandise there, too, because I'm just not all that keen on buying things online.

All the ideas you mentioned sound very innovative. Whatever I come up with will probably not be in the same league as the stuff you mentioned.

As I said, looking forward to the outcome of this first floor, and hopefully I can meet some of you guys!

I laugh at your sigs!

deadlynightshade009
deadlynightshade009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 09:02:12 Reply

Dangit! I wish I could visit the NG HQ. As Tom describes it, it sounds reaaaallllyyy awesome, dood...

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 09:23:17 Reply

At 4/14/10 11:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've been prepping the first floor of the office to be a communal space for NG meetups and there are little modern details that I'm proud of. For example, built-in HDMI inputs. Ultimately I want to have animations playing IN the windows with clear OLED displays.

THAT IS FUCKING BOSS.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature
Cangelosi
Cangelosi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 09:40:03 Reply

The Voice Acting booth would indeed be a nice touch, as well as that concept art museum.

Maybe a small shrine to Bil Keane would also be in order?

Exelzior
Exelzior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 10:23:26 Reply

cool :)

TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 10:57:39 Reply

I would like a comic store.

That's it.

I'm tired of having to go to Barnes and Noble to look for comics.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 11:12:57 Reply

At 4/14/10 11:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: When I was in college I would go to 611 Records and listen to vinyl on the turntable listening stations.

Though I am thankful for what the internet did for music I do feel sad for local music shops. Luckily there is still a decent amount of people who collect and listen to records. Of course its superfluous and I'm not saying its for everyone. It's nice hold the physical media and something about it feels more ritualistic than just plugging in an mp3 player.

These ideas are awesome but all business is motivated by money. So good luck trying to do anything cool.

BBS Signature
Aztraz
Aztraz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 12:55:37 Reply

At 4/15/10 03:42 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Your thoughts, Tom? Guys? Girls?

Newgrounds crop circles would be cooler.

Reinvent Your Town

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 13:21:26 Reply

At 4/16/10 12:34 PM, Luis wrote: im reinventing your town tom, and it has atleast 1 pub in it.

Lol wut?

BBS Signature
gradenator
gradenator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 14:40:26 Reply

Since when was yoga considered a workout?

GothicFreak119
GothicFreak119
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-16 15:05:20 Reply

At 4/14/10 11:56 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/14/10 11:55 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: when is the NG chat coming Tom its been freaking years man.
We're gonna premier the chat with the launch of Pico 2 so everyone can chat about how awesome it is.

FUCKKING!!!! PICO!!!!! 2!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!
and the chat sounds nice..^_^

pokerockmario
pokerockmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-17 02:36:01 Reply

At 4/14/10 11:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: We're gonna premier the chat with the launch of Pico 2 so everyone can chat about how awesome it is.

Pico 2?!!!! Holy SHIT!!! =D I love this site even more than I did before I heard this!!

mahalo
mahalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-17 03:08:24 Reply

it would be cool if there was an area where all you do is go inside.. there would be all sorts of beanbag chairs and hundreds of TVs, and all you do is play videogames. From old school games like mario and zelda, to newer games like halo and rockband. THAT would be truly awesome.