00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Danielr1203 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reinvent Your Town

39,110 Views | 166 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 06:56:59

My town sucks. We dont even have a KFC any more!

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 07:00:52

How about a shop that only sold NG themed socks?

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 07:06:59

At 4/15/10 03:41 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Josh told me Glenside was totally boring and had nothing (but a firefighter station with a swastika painted on the wall)... perhaps you'd make a good mayor and attract more young population :)

I would go for this. I study in Glenside, and there is very little to do there in my opinion. Any ideas (within reason) that have been listed here would probably be well received by the students at least, if not the entire town.

Randomness is fun!

Sig by HellboundNinja

Suggest Stuff for My Bucket List!

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 07:33:16

Awesome idea!

Being that this generation should have some kind of place to go gather and give input. My town badly need such a place. A lot of the youth here are mostly airheads and they don't even know the classic games that shaped todays games, real pity. Such a place would be really awesome with your ideas and all, tho here an addition to a coffee shop at the side would help bring in more of those born during the wee days of video games. I hope it would come true...

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 07:42:30

At 4/14/10 11:56 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/14/10 11:51 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: Holy shit brother. That's some visionary shit right there...
Do you see young people in the neighborhood wasting their money on shitty leisure?
I'm very optimistic / contrarian when it comes to our town, in that it can look like a hopeless mess but I also know I'm gonna be around for decades and I have the potential to impact it in some form. As for young people... There is a college nearby that would LIKE for our commercial district to be a place where the students can go hang out, rather than a stretch of thrift shops anchored by an exterminator and a wheelchair store. I think people would come out of the woodwork if there was something there for them.

An idea might be to create some form of gaming club.

As in, every afternoon from a specific time onwards, you could have an arcade set up, maybe not your traditional styled arcade, but one where you could go and play a ton of games on their respective consoles, for an admitance price.

At the cons you guys have been to you've had all your Behemoth statues and cabinets set up, why not stick them all in there? Really styalise the place.

Investing in a few MAME cabinets wouldn't be such a bad idea either, have one chock full of Capcom games, another Konami, i'd certaintly pay to go there and chances are i'd be quite a regular. Just an idea but thought i'd share.

Good luck mate.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 07:49:38

Tom you should make this into a competition to see who can come up with the best ideas for a town

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 08:11:26

What a town realy needs is a catch-a-rocket station where you can rent rockets and rocket ships. They youle be useful for getting to work on time where ever you where be it Pennsylvania or the record stone on Neptune.

Reinvent Your Town

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 08:12:25

Great to see that the people behind Newgrounds respond and comment with users here. So when someone asks a question, it actually gets answered.

It's not work, if you enjoy doing it!

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 08:14:13

Hey, you could set up an area in that space you've got and put in a few computers. It'd be a bit like an internet cafe, but you'd also have Flash on each computer for animator meet-ups or something.

Also, for the smoothie shop, I'd like to recommend Crazy Udder. Their milkshakes are EPIC!

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 08:15:02

Grrreat update!

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 08:36:08

Lookin' nice.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 08:41:29

I remember a couple of years ago that I went to an awesome arcade, but this arcade was extra special. There were rows of TV's and connected to those TV's were N64's and other great older consoles. In the back there were some classic arcade machines, including double dragon. I would really love to see more of those places around. The only problem would be advertising.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 09:11:04

At 4/14/10 11:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: Ultimately I want to have animations playing IN the windows with clear OLED displays.

That is simply brilliant.

On that note, be sure to have this playing every day when the local schools let out.

store, museum, service, etc. that would make your town awesome?

A stand which sells nothing but various types of Kool-Aid.

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 09:27:38

At 4/14/10 11:56 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/14/10 11:55 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: when is the NG chat coming Tom its been freaking years man.
We're gonna premier the chat with the launch of Pico 2 so everyone can chat about how awesome it is.

i'm guessing pico 2 will come on a certain pico day right?

So the man walks in the bar and asks for a burger...and the waiter said "This is a French Restoraunt Sir".

So the man said: "Then gimme french fries instead!" lol

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 09:43:23

A bar/club where people could play games in a laid back atmosphere would be awesome (anything from Guitar Hero to Street Fighter to Call of Duty).

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 10:00:24

Obviously there's going to be a need for a bathroom for this new wing of Newgrounds HQ. Can't have the guests using the private Staff Only areas now can we? :p

For the next Sketchbook tour, Luis should send out bathroom tiles for everyone to decorate, and you should use those for the bathroom's walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 10:16:54

Just Buy a Coca Cola vending machine Create an Arcade room where you can play Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers in the same room just put two or three computers where you can access NG at that museum add a Castle Crashers and a Alien hominid DvD Angry Faic pictures on the wall pico and Madness too a Room where you can try Dj Hero or a Guitar Hero

(Tom that's only if you can afford these and)

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 10:19:35

I'm kinda irked that you suggested a Treasure museum and you didn't list Dynamite Headdy in your examples. >=U

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 10:21:22

At 4/14/10 11:58 PM, Rhete wrote: I remember when I was much younger my dad would come up with crazy ideas similar to these, but none of them got off the ground due to lack of funding. One idea I remember was an ice cream store called Bubbles where you would drive up, park, and then girls on Roller Skates would come up and serve you ice cream. It would've tried to have a 50s style to it.

The other I clearly remember was the idea to build a military themed Arcade. Like the idea was that when you went there, you became a member of some fictional nation, and playing the games was to help you train to fight in the upcoming revolution for freedom. So naturally there would've been a lot of shooting games, which were popular at the time (this was in like, 1995) There also would've been a big laser tag arena so people could do combat against each other as well. I think a place like this would be amazing, but it would also probably cost a million dollars to get off the ground, so it's not surprising it doesn't exist.

One of these exist in Morecambe, UK. Big laser area on the second floor with a ton of arcade shooter games downstairs, where you can pay to become a member and gain additional features like faster shooting, temporary shield etc.

-LAB

Funny isn't it... Curiosity killed the cat, but throwing it out of an airbourne plane doesn't.

Terminal velocity FTW!

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 10:53:19

Can you get one of those giant pianos from "Big?"

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 10:57:17

How about a fireman's pole to slide down from above?

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 11:05:50

That's some great ideas. I hope they're gonna happen

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 11:17:08

A pub with Dutch, German and Belgium beers!!!!

and a walkin'g' Fridge in every house!!

Reinvent Your Town

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 11:17:24

You got some really cool ideas Tom. If pulled off right, such a McNewgrounds where you can play with stopmotion and dubbing/voice-acting could attract new people to the world of animation. If I had the possibility to play around with that stuff I would've tried out flash earlier.

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 11:37:45

At 4/14/10 11:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: What would be the store, museum, service, etc. that would make your town awesome?

One needs to be a zeppelin hotel.

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 12:19:42

I know there are stores like this, but I want a place where they have those things that are awesome, and you can't find anywhere else. Back home we have a Newbury Comics, and if Barnes and Noble or Borders doesn't have a book, I'd check there. Same with movies.

I guess I'd like an Amazon store.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 12:58:12

Hey, hey, hey, Tom.

You a working class hero man.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 13:05:37

Hey Tom, one idea i thought of, how about a history museum. Chronicling the influence of making newgrounds and how you started out. Then build up from there showing other places of the top hits that make newgrounds awesome like castle crashers, madness collab, etc.

And also a shop for buying merch stuff at the end of course.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 13:20:56

Any one or combination of these things would be great.

Also, I wish I was still able to come around to the office more frequently. Unfortunately, with everything going on at work and school, I have no time to stop by and see everyone. One of these days I'll get back there.

Response to Reinvent Your Town 2010-04-15 13:21:59

I'm actually quite fond of that Voice Acting studio idea ya got goin' there, Tom. I've always wondered what it'd be like if I could fandub some of the anime I watch, and see how it increased or decreased the quality of it.