gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-21 18:32:56 Reply

At 9/20/10 09:36 PM, TrevorW wrote:
At 9/20/10 09:17 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: I'm glad to hear more people are still planning on submitting! :D
So if we haven't heard from you we should consider our work rejected?

No, I just updated you.

I have 12 documents to read still, 3 are from one person.

I'm still counting on other people submitting. You'll have to excuse my delays again because I am still working on my own piece & I can't afford ink to print these all out. Mostly because the ink jet printer I have is a piece of shit I don't want to waste time (mostly) & money on (not because I don't have the finances).

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
RapeMuffin
RapeMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-21 23:04:16 Reply

At 9/21/10 06:32 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: I'm still counting on other people submitting.

We have until the end of September, right?

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-22 07:12:30 Reply

At 9/21/10 11:04 PM, RapeMuffin wrote:
At 9/21/10 06:32 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: I'm still counting on other people submitting.
We have until the end of September, right?

Yes, but it is a rolling submission process. If I have enough to go at the end of September we are done, if not we have another month, etc. I have to say though that if we don't have enough at the end of the year that's it. So if you want a chance to revise your piece and be accepted October should be the last month you consider starting a rough draft unless you see yourself having hours of time after that.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-22 23:11:48 Reply

I sent in a poem while I procrastinate on my story some more. I'm struggling to get past the few opening paragraphs. :/

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-23 07:32:08 Reply

At 9/22/10 11:11 PM, WritersBlock wrote: I sent in a poem while I procrastinate on my story some more. I'm struggling to get past the few opening paragraphs. :/

If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, my pm box is open. I similarly wrote a few pages and now am not sure where to go with it. I'm engaging in free writing of a sort to see if some ideas come out of it and I did get one gem which may add the movement I'm looking for.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-23 08:18:09 Reply

At 9/23/10 07:32 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, my pm box is open. I similarly wrote a few pages and now am not sure where to go with it. I'm engaging in free writing of a sort to see if some ideas come out of it and I did get one gem which may add the movement I'm looking for.

Ok, I've written a bit more today and I've sent you what I've got. Thanks.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-24 06:30:25 Reply

I've received enough poetry that I am considering either making a poetry section or using it in combination with art as a pallet cleanser between stories. If you have something, again "good" feel free to submit it to writing.ng@gmail.com

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-09-26 20:42:39 Reply

hey gumonshoe, I will have my short in its rough draft form and handed in to you on October 22nd. I will have it in final draft form anywhere from November 19th - December 10th. That end date will become more specific after I've done the first draft.

BBS Signature
TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-10-11 18:09:11 Reply

So............. How's it going? Just stopping by to see what's going on...........

EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-10-22 01:43:39 Reply

Okay first draft is done, second draft will be on Oct. 27.

Also gum, if you need an assistant editor, I'd be glad to help out.

Actually, what I would like to do even further which I think would make his whole thing a lot more meaningful is if we worked with the authors of accepted pieces on their stories, instead of just accepting them on the condition that they have pitch perfect grammar.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-10-22 07:34:58 Reply

At 10/22/10 01:43 AM, EKublai wrote: Okay first draft is done, second draft will be on Oct. 27.

Also gum, if you need an assistant editor, I'd be glad to help out.

Actually, what I would like to do even further which I think would make his whole thing a lot more meaningful is if we worked with the authors of accepted pieces on their stories, instead of just accepting them on the condition that they have pitch perfect grammar.

That's fine. I've been meaning to make a new topic with the latest results for about a week and a half now, one that has a more positive opening post & actually would be relevant to the current state of the project. I also have a few more people to tell they are accepted and I have to find the list I was keeping before I moved of who I already accepted.

I look forward to reading your story, and there are several stories which could probably use your help. Essentially, I have 4 categories. Stories that just need some editing in their current form (there are maybe 3 of these). Stories that need revision and editing, but are clearly good works and have been conditionally accepted pending work. Stories that are highly creative, but did not execute well due to the approach taken or the skill of the author. Stories that just did not work at all. Most stories that fall into the first 2 categories will probably be accepted. There are a lot of stories that fell into the third, either because the authors rushed when writing or didn't have a good idea of what they were doing. There has been an unfortunate quantity in the 4th set, and I honestly don't think the authors could improve enough on those stories before the deadline for this anthology.

Anyhow, lets hope I can get on the ball and be organized this Sunday with a new post.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-11-18 01:01:11 Reply

Okay story rests at about 12,000 words right now. The feedback I got on it is that it's well paced and plotted so at least I have a good base to start off from. My final draft will be done on Dec. 3 at which point I'll be able to send it via WAVE.

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Writer
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-11-19 13:51:42 Reply

I was curious if you were still considering applications for this- I realise it is well after the deadline, but I believe my winning Halloween entry (Pico's School 2: Consequences) would be extremely well suited to this anthology (as it has a strong Newgrounds theme after all). It is pretty lengthy at over 10k words, and there is room for me to do a little more fine tuning if needs be, but I just thought I'd throw it out there if you were still considering entries. You can find it both in the competition thread and my profile if you are interested, or I can email it if you would prefer.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-11-20 07:21:39 Reply

At 10/22/10 07:34 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: Anyhow, lets hope I can get on the ball and be organized this Sunday with a new post.

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. I'd better clear the schedule, so that I can deal with the work that needs doing on my pieces.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-11-20 10:17:12 Reply

Today or Tomorrow I am making a new post. Actually an entire new thread. Feel free to lock this while I compose everything...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2010-12-01 03:26:29 Reply

Yo gum, just sent mine to you via WAVE. I didn't want to lose the formatting so I sent it as the doc file. I doubt you'll find many technical errors on it anyway. It's pretty much been stripped down bare by my prof (you should see the markups, it's crazy).

BBS Signature
AdamCook
AdamCook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Anthology Invitation 2011-01-15 20:59:13 Reply

All official business to do with the Newgrounds Writing Anthology is now being conducted through the brand spanking new revival thread!

Click here to go to the Official Newgrounds Writing Anthology thread.

Be sure to read the new thread before submitting any work.
If you have any general questions, you may post them there.