• 571 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 06:43 AM Reply

At 9/15/10 04:52 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/15/10 12:30 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: he
SHE!

OH!
you have exposed my naturally sexist nature. When i said she I meant 'you can do anything'

[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
pradatb
pradatb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 02:17 PM Reply

Here is my entry.
HI-RES

[art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab!

Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 02:17 PM, pradatb wrote: Here is my entry.

Entries must be 500x500 pixels. Entries can use only use one color, white, and the colors in between. Your entry should look more like this:

If you don't mind my edit of it you don't really have to do anything else.

Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 02:51 PM, Occluded wrote: ...should look more like this:

I meant this. Fucking office computers.

Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

Or this

J-qb
J-qb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 02:52 PM, Occluded wrote:

So yeah; in all his inability; occluded is trying to say: your piece isnt exactly monochrome as we defined it. Basically either one of the last two pics he posted would be okay; I prefer the first one.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 03:24 AM Reply

Gettings there... heres a WIP... i really want to go back on the uper part of the arm and get more shading on it... looks a bit blocky at the moment... your thoughts?

BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 03:53 AM Reply

At 9/16/10 03:24 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Gettings there... heres a WIP... i really want to go back on the uper part of the arm and get more shading on it... looks a bit blocky at the moment... your thoughts?

wow this is really technical
extremely impressive dude.

[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 06:28 AM Reply

At 9/16/10 03:24 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Gettings there... heres a WIP... i really want to go back on the uper part of the arm and get more shading on it... looks a bit blocky at the moment... your thoughts?

wow, if i didnt know better id say it was a picture. yeah, the upper arm could use a bit more spread shading; it now as a big one-tone area. Also; the shoulder looks a bit messy... great work man

BBS Signature
pradatb
pradatb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 08:26 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/15/10 02:52 PM, Occluded wrote:
So yeah; in all his inability; occluded is trying to say: your piece isnt exactly monochrome as we defined it. Basically either one of the last two pics he posted would be okay; I prefer the first one.

Yeah I prefer the first one too. You can post it, but It will be better for me if you just put my signature on the 500x500 PNG file before posting. Thanks! :)

pradatb
pradatb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 12:23 PM Reply

Yeah I prefer the first one too. You can post it, but It will be better for me if you just put my signature on the 500x500 PNG file before posting. Thanks! :)

Okay, I did it ! Here is the result :

pradatb
pradatb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 12:26 PM Reply

Okay, I did it ! Here is the result :

Woops. I've forgotten the picture. Here is it :

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 03:57 AM Reply

Is there a new deadline set, cause I got another one half finished.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 04:51 AM Reply

Not to double post, but that's exactly what I'm gonna do, WIP. about half done.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 05:42 AM Reply

At 9/24/10 04:51 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: Not to double post, but that's exactly what I'm gonna do, WIP. about half done.

supposed to go from your selected color to white and any shade inbetween, not to black, sorry

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 04:45 PM Reply

the black is just background so I can see where the drawing is. As previously stated that was a Work in Progress.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Okay, I'm done DUMP

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 07:51 PM Reply

That's not monochrome, not by the collabs definition, and exactly why ash pointed out using the black even to see what you were doing was a bad idea.
You have tons of reds, pinks, maroons, and even greys in there.
Fix'd

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 07:51 PM, M-Vero wrote: That's not monochrome, not by the collabs definition, and exactly why ash pointed out using the black even to see what you were doing was a bad idea.
You have tons of reds, pinks, maroons, and even greys in there.
Fix'd

I used only one base color, dark red, the black was on a different layer than the rest so it didn't have any effect on the drawing, and I only used one base color and only slid the colors up from said base so unless when they blended into another base color I followed the rules. but Whatever I'm not gonna argue it. I'll just submit your fixed one.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 02:12 AM Reply

and i thought the hair would be the easyest to do... so i left that till last beacuse theres alot of it... but now... waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

BBS Signature
Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 07:59 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: I used only one base color, dark red, the black was on a different layer than the rest so it didn't have any effect on the drawing, and I only used one base color and only slid the colors up from said base so unless when they blended into another base color I followed the rules. but Whatever I'm not gonna argue it. I'll just submit your fixed one.

I don't want you to think I'm picking on you. But ask anyone I'm kinda a dick about the rules. And obsessive when it comes to making someone understand. So instead of just letting it go like any rational human would I'm gonna explain what you did wrong.

If you use those monochrome sliders. And pick a darker color. Then as you slide the picker up... until you get to the halfway point you aren't adding white you're only removing black. Get it?

VampireontheSax
VampireontheSax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 10:31 PM Reply

I see where you are coming from, but you need something clarified, obviesly.

I don't use all of the hightec arty programmes, but I am assuming you are using photoshop. Not all wonderful pieces of artwork are created in PS, and therefore don't have the monochrome 'slider' you are talking about. I am just saying that we don't all have the time to be as picky as you, and secondly, are you even the creator of this thread? Ehem

Thanks for the rant, =D

VampireontheSax

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 9/25/10 10:31 PM, VampireontheSax wrote: I see where you are coming from, but you need something clarified, obviesly.

I don't use all of the hightec arty programmes, but I am assuming you are using photoshop. Not all wonderful pieces of artwork are created in PS, and therefore don't have the monochrome 'slider' you are talking about. I am just saying that we don't all have the time to be as picky as you, and secondly, are you even the creator of this thread? Ehem

Thanks for the rant, =D

VampireontheSax

Ehem.
He is being the helpful one here. He has been helping since the very beginning and has every right to try and help you learn.
That tutorial can be used in MSPaint too. Check pages 4-6 of this thread to see them all. He isn't being picky, he is trying to help you.
Stop being so ignorant.

Thanks for the waste of time, >:(

~E~

VampireontheSax
VampireontheSax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 11:24 PM Reply

Sorry, don't get your knickers in a twist...

I was just making a point... Sorry Occluded... If I hurt your feelings. No Sarcasm included

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 9/25/10 11:24 PM, VampireontheSax wrote: Sorry, don't get your knickers in a twist...

I was just making a point... Sorry Occluded... If I hurt your feelings. No Sarcasm included

Occluded did help, and it was directed at me. And I know you're not picking on me by the way.
thanks for showing me the monochrome slider, I did the way you showed us not to do.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 03:39 AM Reply

with a day to go... im on the final strech!... im getting the hang of this hair now... athough its takin a bit more time then i had hoped :P

hope i can get it done before tomorrow afternoon!

BBS Signature
Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 10:33 AM Reply

No need to apologize to me all. I'm a dick ;)

At 9/26/10 03:39 AM, LegolaSS wrote: with a day to go... im on the final strech!... im getting the hang of this hair now... athough its takin a bit more time then i had hoped :P

I would really love to watch you working on this. Really curious about your process.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 9/25/10 09:46 PM, Occluded wrote: I don't want you to think I'm picking on you. But ask anyone I'm kinda a dick about the rules.

Actually, Nae and I are dicks about the rules, Occluded is a tool (of the latex variety)

And obsessive when it comes to making someone understand.

That he is

*SMOOTH SHINY HELPFULLNESS*
At 9/25/10 10:31 PM, VampireontheSax wrote: I see where you are coming from, but you need something clarified, obviesly.

Actually I think you are the one who needs having stuff clarified.

I don't use all of the hightec arty programmes, but I am assuming you are using photoshop. Not all wonderful pieces of artwork are created in PS, and therefore don't have the monochrome 'slider' you are talking about.

Occluded has made various different tutorials on how to make your pic monochrome. Some are specific to photoshop, some are broader. Im pretty sure most art programs have these sliders in some variety. Even if you dont have those sliders; Occluded is using them to explainwhat we mean by monochrome. You dont have to use those sliders to make it monochrome.

I am just saying that we don't all have the time to be as picky as you,

Luckily though, Occluded does have that time, time which is used to keep poeple that do not follow the rules OUT of this collab.

and secondly, are you even the creator of this thread? Ehem

Awh If you had read through this thread youd have know that Occlude has been added to the collab organization. I dont expect you to read every post in a multi-page thread, but if you dont do that, dont think you know what you are talking about.

At 9/26/10 03:39 AM, LegolaSS wrote: with a day to go... im on the final strech!... im getting the hang of this hair now... athough its takin a bit more time then i had hoped :P

I love you so much for going through with this; In fact, if it werent for your looks id be on the plane to england right now to make hot steamy love to you.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 11:12 AM Reply

A good, ol' fashioned schooling is always fun to witness. Why is it that people who don't use photoshop think that people who do are pretentious? I've never seen anybody use photoshop and then act like they're better than anyone else because of it, but people who use MS Paint or refuse to try digital art because it's not "real" always seem to think they do.
----
Legolass, what program are you working in? Is... is that Paint? It looks a bit like it, because of the quality in some areas. It looks AMAZING. I thought it was pencil or charcoal until I took a closer look.

God, I feel weird posting here, since I kind of crapped out on this collab. Sorry.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to [art Collab] Monochrome Art Collab! Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

What the fuck just happened on the last page? Why are people so snippy at people trying to help?
Fuck