00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Please help me with the body.

609 Views | 5 Replies

Please help me with the body. 2010-04-11 15:15:27

Hey newgrounds Last time I asked help on the face and I pretty much mastered it, so now I need help with the body in sideview. I already have a drawing but I doubt its good enough but I will show you so you have an idea where I am at. Here it is. So tell me my flaws and I will make a better one.

Please help me with the body.

Response to Please help me with the body. 2010-04-11 15:22:55

the head is far too big, hes leaning back too far, nobody walks like that unless theyre sneaking in a cartoon, the lower arm is way too fat, his hand doesnt even look vaguely like a hand, the torso is too long, the legs have no joints and the further forward leg doesnt look right where it connects to the body, by the looks of it he has no shoulder, the arm goes too thin nearest his shoulder, he has a wierd hunchback bit on his back, and id say the head still needs a little work, work on those draw out a rough skeleton for it first then flesh it out, come back when its done and well give you some more pointers, although what i said wasnt really a pointer but meh

Response to Please help me with the body. 2010-04-11 15:25:29

You made this thread 5 hours ago, and you're already making a new thread? Are you gonna make a new thread every time you come in asking for advice?

Response to Please help me with the body. 2010-04-11 15:43:39

At 4/11/10 03:25 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You made this thread 5 hours ago, and you're already making a new thread? Are you gonna make a new thread every time you come in asking for advice?

That was working in connecting the walk cycle and I threw that stickman away, so now I am simply trying to make a good looking body and create a walk cycle out of it. Besides I spent almost an hour on that drawing

Response to Please help me with the body. 2010-04-11 15:49:46

first off I dont think you mastered the head. look here for more help on that. and as for the body....

it's good to divide such a complicated thing into parts, and then practice those seperatly.
for example: only draw hands for 2 days then switch to feet etc etc.

i wish you luck, but you need practice.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Please help me with the body. 2010-04-11 15:52:25

At 4/11/10 03:25 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You made this thread 5 hours ago, and you're already making a new thread? Are you gonna make a new thread every time you come in asking for advice?

What this guy said, whoever he is. Keep it to one thread.

If you're that concerned about the body, I wouldn't start drawing over a stickfigure, since all that tells you is the length of limbs and their direction. Next stage should be drawing shapes and sausages that reasonably resemble the shape of the body.

In addition, I don't use posemaniacs.com often, but for typical poses like this it should be your first destination.

BBS Signature