00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty

1,200 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ok So I Just Signed Up For Gamefly And I Rented The Game Called Metal Gear solid 2 Sons Of Liberty Because My Friend Said It Was A Pretty Cool Game So I Decided To Get It But I Want To Get Some Opinions From You People I Want To Know What It Is Like What Do You Do What Is Your Goal In The Game And The Grahpics I Would Just Look It Up On Youtube But I Dont Want To Spoil Myself And Ruin The Supense So Newgrounders Give Me Some Good Comments

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-09 21:43:38

Did you ever play the first Metal Gear Solid? It's kind of like that.

Also you don't need to cap the first letter of every word.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-09 21:47:24

Also, use correct punctuation.

There are gaming review sites for a reason.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-09 23:21:45

It's a trippy stealth game. I liked it.

Here's a review of it. Happy?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-10 01:00:23

At 4/9/10 09:47 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: Also, use correct punctuation.

There are gaming review sites for a reason.

Yeah, dude. Your post was like one big run-on sentence. No special punctuation let alone even a period.

Aside from that, yeah, the game is like the original Metal Gear Solid, like 36holla said, but if you've never played that, then by all means, play it. You're sure to get an edjamacation, but on what, I'm unsure of...

It's okay... I won't make you lose THE GAME...

(You see whut I did thar? Herp-a-Derp)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-10 01:04:11

It's A Pretty Good Game With A Stealth Focus And Some Cool Boss Fights Though The Game Is Pretty Short And The Story Is Complicated.

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-10 02:00:51

India Whiskey Oscar Uniform Lima Delta Lima India Kilo Echo Tango Oscar Tango Echo Lima Lima Yankee Oscar Uniform Tango Hotel Alpha Tango India Tango India Sierra Victor Echo Romeo Yankee Alpha November November Oscar Yankee India November Golf Whiskey Hotel Echo November Yankee Oscar Uniform Tango Yankee Papa Echo Sierra Oscar Mike Echo Tango Hotel India November Golf Tango Hotel Alpha Tango Papa Echo Oscar Papa Lima Echo Hotel Alpha Victor Echo Alpha Hotel Alpha Romeo Delta Tango India Mike Echo Romeo Echo Alpha Delta India November Golf.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-10 05:14:00

At 4/10/10 02:00 AM, Jin wrote: India Whiskey Oscar Uniform Lima Delta Lima India Kilo Echo Tango Oscar Tango Echo Lima Lima Yankee Oscar Uniform Tango Hotel Alpha Tango India Tango India Sierra Victor Echo Romeo Yankee Alpha November Delta India November Golf.

I'm pretty sure it's 'Gulf', not 'Golf'

[It is not Truth that matters, but Victory]

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-10 06:58:05

At 4/10/10 05:14 AM, WinterJazz wrote: I'm pretty sure it's 'Gulf', not 'Golf'

Where did you learn that?

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-10 07:18:32

Meh. I would of got either MGS1 or 3. The only new bit in MGS2 is the Tanker mission at the start and the hour with the swordfighting. All of that is maybe 2 hours on the first go of it. If you want a real go of stealth/survival, go back and get MGS3, complete it on very easy, then try european extreme, the true way to play MGS

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 05:07:08

MGS 2 is a stealth game. Just buy it! It is awesome! Get the first one if you haven't though. it is on ps1

GO WEEGEE! :)

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 05:41:55

I hear it's amazing when the famous giant purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space, with a tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hairi Kairi Rock! I need scissors!! 61!!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 07:45:36

I like it when Raiden is nakd

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 07:46:54

At 4/12/10 07:45 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I like it when Raiden is nakd

What about my funny colonel call one above yours? And yes, Raiden naked was hilarious.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 08:30:10

Check the reviews such as IGN or gamespot

And yes, Raiden is gay

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 11:31:24

Metal Gear Solid 2 was great.Although I wish you could play from snakes perspective when on the Plant Chapter.It could be unlockable after you finish the game with Raiden.That way the game would have double replay value.

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 12:13:43

At 4/10/10 02:00 AM, Jin wrote: India Whiskey Oscar Uniform Lima Delta Lima India Kilo Echo Tango Oscar Tango Echo Lima Lima Yankee Oscar Uniform Tango Hotel Alpha Tango India Tango India Sierra Victor Echo Romeo Yankee Alpha November November Oscar Yankee India November Golf Whiskey Hotel Echo November Yankee Oscar Uniform Tango Yankee Papa Echo Sierra Oscar Mike Echo Tango Hotel India November Golf Tango Hotel Alpha Tango Papa Echo Oscar Papa Lima Echo Hotel Alpha Victor Echo Alpha Hotel Alpha Romeo Delta Tango India Mike Echo Romeo Echo Alpha Delta India November Golf.

India Alpha Golf Romeo Echo Echo Whiskey India Tango Hotel Tango Hotel India Sierra Mike Alpha November

It makes you look like a doucheface.

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 15:08:43

At 4/12/10 07:46 AM, letiger wrote:
At 4/12/10 07:45 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I like it when Raiden is nakd
What about my funny colonel call one above yours? And yes, Raiden naked was hilarious.

Lulz.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 16:38:31

Just a warning, Metal Gear Solid 2's ending is very WTF-inducing in almost every way, and its entire storyline requires a very good deal of knowledge of the first MGS's plot. You'd be better off playing that first; don't go around making the stupid mistake of playing MGS2 first like I did.

If you don't plan on getting too "into" the MGS series, I'd recommend the first Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 3, especially since 3 is easier than 2 to get into and enjoy if you've never played any MGS games before.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 17:30:08

At 4/10/10 01:00 AM, CFNstudios wrote: Yeah, dude. Your post was like one big run-on sentence. No special punctuation let alone even a period.

FAIL

Response to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty 2010-04-12 17:59:15

At 4/12/10 04:38 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: Just a warning, Metal Gear Solid 2's ending is very WTF-inducing in almost every way, and its entire storyline requires a very good deal of knowledge of the first MGS's plot. You'd be better off playing that first; don't go around making the stupid mistake of playing MGS2 first like I did.

If you don't plan on getting too "into" the MGS series, I'd recommend the first Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 3, especially since 3 is easier than 2 to get into and enjoy if you've never played any MGS games before.

this. i to played MGS2 first. somewhat fucking confusing, and somewhat a little fun because i really had to think while playing it. only thing i knew when i started MGS2 was that it the games is simply Solid Snake Vs. Liquid Snake :P

also by playing MGS2 first naver gave me problems with Raiden like it seems everyone else had... i actually find Raiden to be a very interesting character...

also get MGS3 anyway. it's one of the best games ever for the PS2 ;)