00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hello, Gents. I am from the future.

28,959 Views | 375 Replies

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 01:14:28

At 4/9/10 01:05 AM, Ghyfty wrote: About the guy who killed Hitler thing, was this in an different dimension? 'cos i'm still alive.

Also, you couldn't go back in time to kill that guy right before he killed Hitler?

He explained that. They don't have the technology to go into the 'real' past. Only historic analogs of the past. Any change made in the past they visit will only affect that particular timeline, and not theirs or ours. Now, if he was to kill obama coming from this crazy future dimension of his, it would fuck up our timeline and he would probably be executed when he went back. But his dimension would be fine.

Captain Diabetes is BACK.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 01:52:56

omfg dude. you said that time travel was open to the public the technology was out. A private company not affiliated with the government could send me. You have given me information to find you. Like the store you work at had 4 people needed 5 your in California. I am sure you have given out some more info to. I could find before you jumped and tell you my username. The FBI of my time and find people i am sure i can find you.

No. Company. Has. The. Power. It takes the combined effort of the world's most powerful governments to power this thing without short-wiring half the planet.

Ya ignore a important fact.

The fact that you're wasting time arguing the technicalities of a technology neither of us understand to combat the validity of a person who's story you will never believe anyway confuses me.

If the internet crashed information would not be lost it has to be stored on servers seeing as there are a lot of servers i doubt a virus/ anything could beat that. Even if it was possible antiviral software would advance as anything else would. Not to mention the whole point of the internet is for it to never be blown up/ destroyed.

...You think times haven't changed at all? Or that a complete takeover, abandonment, revamping, and restructuring of an enormous, complicated network of information hosted by servers that people lost the funding to maintain wouldn't cause a loss of any files?

Whats starting to wear on me is the fact you are constantly ignore parts of what i say and only answering the parts you can partly disprove.

I've answered everything you've said, in detail.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 02:00:10

Besides the one guy making you mad have you been having fun in our dimension?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 02:14:41

At 4/9/10 01:14 AM, ApotheosisLost wrote:
At 4/9/10 01:05 AM, Ghyfty wrote: About the guy who killed Hitler thing, was this in an different dimension? 'cos i'm still alive.

Also, you couldn't go back in time to kill that guy right before he killed Hitler?
He explained that. They don't have the technology to go into the 'real' past. Only historic analogs of the past. Any change made in the past they visit will only affect that particular timeline, and not theirs or ours. Now, if he was to kill obama coming from this crazy future dimension of his, it would fuck up our timeline and he would probably be executed when he went back. But his dimension would be fine.

Right on the mark. I don't think mono-dimensional time travel is possible anyway, I don't think the universe would allow a situation where paradoxes could be created.

At 4/9/10 12:56 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Alright I have a pretty interesting question:

There is the theory on alternate realities/dimensions that are based around choices, if someone has a choice to make, it creates alternate dimensions based around the choices that person can make.
I have reason to believe that if a person were to create a fiction character in this dimension/reality, it would create another universe based around that fictional character.

That being said, what if I were to imagine a dastarly evil character bent on the destruction of an entire civilization in YOUR dimension? Could I screw it up entirely?
Not that I would, I'm just curious to see if the human mind is that capable of destruction.

There is evidence that human beings' thoughts are actually capable of manipulating reality around them, but there is also evidence that free will does not exist, and everything can be pre-determined.

So I'm really not sure.

Good thought, though.

At 4/9/10 12:40 AM, RuinedMartyr wrote: What do you hope to accomplish with this thread? What is it's purpose?

Entertainment, mostly.

At 4/9/10 12:34 AM, Space-Whale wrote: With this thread, I don't know whether to think "Pshh, this is bullshit" or "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE NEED TO PAY FOR INTERNET IN 5 YEARS"

Hah, well, you don't need a man from the future to warn you about it, there are people today trying to prevent it from happening. They will, ultimately, fail, but their efforts will hasten the re-publicization of the internet.

At 4/9/10 12:26 AM, folf182 wrote: alright, I have a couple (actually, allot) more questions... and it's only fair that I get to answer yours.
have they tried fuseing human DNA with animals? and does it look like some huge deformed.... thing, or this? why were you sent? I mean, you wouldn't be sent back to answer our stupid questions... I think. were you sent to get some info on our time or somefink? have you guys tried going forward in time? what can your cell phone do? (I mean, nowadays, a phone can do allot, so It must be able to do more things) I've made a post earlier, about future laptops........... is this possible, and have they found a way to make it not look like a purse? are domestic animals genetically enhanced too? what are some good movies? and that's it!

Human being have been combined with animals, unsuccessfully. They all ended up dead in a few weeks. And I was sent back to gather music lost during the collapse of the internet.

We have not yet attempted to travel forward in time, it takes much more energy and we're not sure if we want to yet.

We pretty much just have multi-purpose PDAs at this point. Computer, phone, camera, music player, GPS, TV, and the like. All are, of course, far more advanced than your generation's PDAs. We don't even use pixels any more.

I can't find your old post... but we an make anything not look like a purse, so yeah, I suppose. And domestic animals are not allowed to be enhanced, military and police use animals are.

Good movies?

From my time- 8th Circle, Synchronized Orbit, Enduliaron

From your time- SIN MOTHERFUCKING CITY, Matrix, and the Watchmen. Oh, and Fight Club.

oh, and I checked out that band, liquid tension experiment. It was pretty good, I like them. have you heard of bowling for soup? name's weird but they pretty good too.

Never heard of them. Will look up.

At 4/9/10 12:19 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Have they managed to cure my AIDS yet, after over 50 trillion deaths to the blasted disease i'd like to enjoy life past my 20's

Yes, AIDS is curable.

Is Mongolia the top nation in the world yet? Have we regained our national prominence and finally taken over that narrow eyed zipperheaded China again?

No, actually, it's not even an official country anymore. China assimilated you.

Sorry.

Finally, Please tell me the Bills won a Superbowl by now

I haven't even heard of that team before.

At 4/9/10 12:03 AM, ApotheosisLost wrote: What is defined as an unnecessary modification? Where do you draw the line?

All modifications that cannot be done past birth- so intelligence modifications are mandatory for all American children, but you have to work for everything else.

If biotics has advanced so far, what about synthetics? Say a person is destroyed, but the brain survives. Is it possible to build a body around the conciousness?

Yes, and we have done that before. It's imperfect, though, the connection is glitchy and the body often spazzes.

That being said, how common are artificial limbs and the like? Is it easier just to biologically enhance body parts rather than completely replace them with synthetics?

The easiest option is robotic implants, but most people have natural limbs. Nobody gets hurt very much over here unless you're in a war, and we're a tad hardier than you guys.

Are there any superhero enhancements, like enhancements that allow you to pick up cars or throw small children thousands of feet in the air?

Yes. They're called superhuman enhancements. The military chugs them into selected children and gets about 2 decades of superhuman service until their body is eaten up by the modifications.

Have dolphins mated with people to form peoplephins?

No, but a lot of hippies have sex with dolphins.

Are dolphins intelligent?

Yes.

Is your retail store a franchise, or is it independantly owned and operated? Is it new, or would we know the name of it?

It's new, and a franchise.

How has the record industry progressed?

It hasn't, really. iTunes is still up, it just functions a bit differently.

Who won the mp3 market eventually, iPod or Zune?

iPod, hands down.

I read somewhere that a man was able to link up his mind directly with like prostethics and stuff. He was on the verge of linking his mind with the internet. Is a similar process available in your time?

If you can link it to a prosthetic body, which we can, you can hook it up to anything. Glitchy, but functional.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 02:42:28

At 4/9/10 02:14 AM, Jaggadisha wrote: We have not yet attempted to travel forward in time, it takes much more energy and we're not sure if we want to yet.

Why not just travel to an "older" dimension then?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 04:31:16

At 4/8/10 10:15 PM, Jaggadisha wrote:
At 4/8/10 09:50 PM, I-RULE-OVER-ALL wrote: If you are truly from the future,
Has society truly become a sex-crazed, body clinging, materialistic place?
We are all interested in perfection and liberalism... We see nothing wrong with sex, there are no longer any downsides, so we have sex. We can improve our bodies and minds, so we do. A lot of the population is scientists now- We're working better and faster than humans ever have before.

Less racism and corruption, peace, and poverty has been eradicated.

I think we're doing great.

the root of all suffering is attachment, and thus to become strong is to conflict with that attachment, therefore mere changes in physical condition won't change anything.

Perfection is a pipe dream, it is only achievable on an individual bases once you defeat the ego, and balance your attachments as you would to an equation. if perfection where possible by mere mental and physical means, Communism would work.

it's not that sex is wrong, It's not, but however attachment to it is, if you let the body control you, what separates you from an animal? nothing. To define yourself by the physical plane, is to degrade yourself with the physical plane, as far as genetics go, all they do is change the body, true power comes from within, from conflict which may show itself as suffering. In Gnosticism, it is thought that you choose your conditions before you are reborn, so that you mat learn certain things so the question isn't "why me" but what do I learn from this?

It seems that man has confused itself with deity,(yet again) choosing your kids attributes? who the hell are we to run nature? your future seems just as, if not more ignorant as this time. I must say, that is a deep disappointment. That is why I shall live alone somewhere in the desert in my future, because I see something more, and I see life far differently then most.

As a final question, when does the world shift away from communism? In specific, China?

As reward for responding to me, I will answer your questions on our time/and culture.
It would be greatly appreciated- So, how does this time period regard scientific advancements?

It's greatly diverse depending on who you ask, most see it as good, and progress, I see it as mere changes in the physical realm, and thus we should not get attached.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 05:17:46

At 4/8/10 09:41 PM, Jaggadisha wrote:
At 4/8/10 05:05 PM, Starfishprime wrote: When is marijuana legal?
Depends on where you live. California is voting RIGHT NOW.

But... you previously said that all drugs are legal... way to shatter my fantasy of a future man with your mistakes, asshat.
However, if you do somehow provide an excuse as to how it fits, I have some questions

What color are dinosaurs (specifically the t-rex)?
What happens with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
Has any progress been made on faster than light travel?
Are doctors obsolete?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
What is the most popular breakfast?
Whats the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
When do hover boards come out?
Are digital tattoos common?
Is there anything like flash, to allow average people to make cartoons and games?
What is the most random and useless genetic enhancement that you have heard of?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 05:32:59

So hows Australia in your time?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 05:42:21

At 4/9/10 02:14 AM, Jaggadisha wrote: We have not yet attempted to travel forward in time, it takes much more energy and we're not sure if we want to yet.

Even though travelling forwards in time simply requires you to travel close to the speed of light?

You've already stated that light speed travel is possible, so how does that work?

In fact, travelling forwards in time by small amounts is possible now, it simply takes very fast travel away from Earth to stay clear from the space-time distortion caused by gravity.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 05:52:33

Pluto still doesn't count as a planet right?
Is japan still ahead in technology?
If you took a walk down a street of a capital city in africa would it look more like an american city nowadays or a japanese city nowadays?
If you took a walk down the street of a city in the future in america would you constantly see people using their enhancments or are they just somthing to amaze your freinds with whenever you get the chance?
Are people still mentally disabled in the future?

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 06:01:03

What happens to Obama?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 07:32:29

uhh you already pay for the internet its called broadband

unless you want shitty dial up

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 07:34:13

and even for dial up u have to pay a little fee each time u connect

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 08:23:35

At 4/9/10 01:52 AM, Jaggadisha wrote:
omfg dude. you said that time travel was open to the public the technology was out. A private company not affiliated with the government could send me. You have given me information to find you. Like the store you work at had 4 people needed 5 your in California. I am sure you have given out some more info to. I could find before you jumped and tell you my username. The FBI of my time and find people i am sure i can find you.
No. Company. Has. The. Power. It takes the combined effort of the world's most powerful governments to power this thing without short-wiring half the planet.

Ya ignore a important fact.
The fact that you're wasting time arguing the technicalities of a technology neither of us understand to combat the validity of a person who's story you will never believe anyway confuses me.

If the internet crashed information would not be lost it has to be stored on servers seeing as there are a lot of servers i doubt a virus/ anything could beat that. Even if it was possible antiviral software would advance as anything else would. Not to mention the whole point of the internet is for it to never be blown up/ destroyed.
...You think times haven't changed at all? Or that a complete takeover, abandonment, revamping, and restructuring of an enormous, complicated network of information hosted by servers that people lost the funding to maintain wouldn't cause a loss of any files?

How do you lose the funding to maintain your computer. A computer can be a server. It doesn't matter the only thing that people need to pay for is to keep there site with a praticler group, there are lots of free websites provider, and even then you could buy a computer and use it to only run a website. Lets look at what a server is, "A server is a a software program, or the computer on which that program runs, that provides a specific kind of service to client software running on the same computer or other computers on a network."(http://www.linfo.org/server.ht ml). Even if things changed itunes the number one place to buy music would still make money. People like music and will always want to get it. I have a 2 terabyte backup-drive full of movies and music. Your telling me people wouldn't have that? Even if big company did try to "revamp" the internet. They would still have to find the people running websites from there basement. Does it even make sense for a business to charge to use the internet? No one would use it and a major source of income from there ads would be lost. I find it hard to believe that with all the people who use the internet they would allow that to happen. Sure a website could fall but the simple fact is that there are billions of websites and there is no way to take down the internet, im leaving out the education purposes of the internet. DO you think the government would let people get stupid because of private business being retarded and wanting to lose money.

Let me give you a simple example. Do you think the people who run private servers for left 4 dead are paid anything?

Whats starting to wear on me is the fact you are constantly ignore parts of what i say and only answering the parts you can partly disprove.
I've answered everything you've said, in detail.

no you haven't anyone reading this just go up and read what i wrote.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 08:33:16

Am I a rich and famous opera singer?

If I am, that sucks...

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 08:38:37

Does the name Callum Leach ring any bells?

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 08:46:20

When will we have other visitors from your dimension?

When will you decide to share your technologies with our dimension?

Could you draw more pictures of new created animals?

Can you make a photo of your actual house, and possibly the 3 x 3 dimensional machine chamber, and show it to us?

And, if you need any help collecting what you need, I'll be glad to share any information.

By the way, where do you actually live? I mean, in which state of America?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 09:15:55

Will I have a successful band?

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 09:31:44

What did you mean when you said you were just a kid?

And now that i think about it...why don't you alter our dimension by sharing your technology with us? You said that nothing else that could be dangerous will happen in the future. Though...our actual world population is too "immature", we still have not the "liberal" mind that you have...
Maybe the only time period that could share your technology peacefully may be ancient Greeks and your own time period.

So what do you think about it?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 09:35:30

At 4/9/10 08:23 AM, sorryhalofreak wrote:
At 4/9/10 01:52 AM, Jaggadisha wrote: I've answered everything you've said, in detail.
no you haven't anyone reading this just go up and read what i wrote.

lol, U MAD?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 09:43:13

But... you previously said that all drugs are legal... way to shatter my fantasy of a future man with your mistakes, asshat.

They are? But it's not an immediate process.

However, if you do somehow provide an excuse as to how it fits, I have some questions

What color are dinosaurs (specifically the t-rex)?

Grayish-Green

What happens with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

Palestine, along with the rest of the Middle East, undergoes a Reformation and discontinues the official war with Israel.

Has any progress been made on faster than light travel?

Yes, but we're not quite there yet.

Are doctors obsolete?

No, in fact, due to all the genetics, there's more of them than ever. They're more scientists than anything now, though.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Three.

What is the most popular breakfast?

Bacon and eggs?

Whats the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?

Premature ejaculation.

When do hover boards come out?

Not yet, apparently.

Are digital tattoos common?

I don't know what that would be, so no. Tattoos are ink.

Is there anything like flash, to allow average people to make cartoons and games?

Yeah. CG programs are practically kids' stuff now.

What is the most random and useless genetic enhancement that you have heard of?

The penis thing is pretty damn bad on its own, but some people vie to have their earlobes lengthened to about 5 inches.

the root of all suffering is attachment, and thus to become strong is to conflict with that attachment, therefore mere changes in physical condition won't change anything.

I'm going to have to disagree- that may be a valid opinion, but don't speak in a manner where you imply your philosophy is not only correct but undebateable.

Perfection is a pipe dream, it is only achievable on an individual bases once you defeat the ego, and balance your attachments as you would to an equation. if perfection where possible by mere mental and physical means, Communism would work.

Perfection is impossible anyway. It doesn't matter how to achieve it.

it's not that sex is wrong, It's not, but however attachment to it is, if you let the body control you, what separates you from an animal? nothing. To define yourself by the physical plane, is to degrade yourself with the physical plane, as far as genetics go, all they do is change the body, true power comes from within, from conflict which may show itself as suffering. In Gnosticism, it is thought that you choose your conditions before you are reborn, so that you mat learn certain things so the question isn't "why me" but what do I learn from this?

We are animals. We are separated from the animal kingdom in absolutely no ay, shape or form. We do not possess souls, or a higher sense of morality, nor are be in any way 'better' than them. We're just the smartest.

I am inclined to disagree with your philosophy, so there's little point in arguing it.

It seems that man has confused itself with deity,(yet again) choosing your kids attributes? who the hell are we to run nature? your future seems just as, if not more ignorant as this time. I must say, that is a deep disappointment. That is why I shall live alone somewhere in the desert in my future, because I see something more, and I see life far differently then most.

We can run nature all we want, now that we've made it our bitch. You give a monkey the means to alter the fundamental laws of nature and you think he's going to let that down?

WE worked for this, we deserve it.

As a final question, when does the world shift away from communism? In specific, China?

Late 20's should be around the time the world stops believing in that retarded system.

As reward for responding to me, I will answer your questions on our time/and culture.
It would be greatly appreciated- So, how does this time period regard scientific advancements?
It's greatly diverse depending on who you ask, most see it as good, and progress, I see it as mere changes in the physical realm, and thus we should not get attached.

Ah. Well, science is most everything to me.

At 4/9/10 02:42 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:
Why not just travel to an "older" dimension then?

That's what I said.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 10:03:59

Can we see a pic of how someone looks like in the future?

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 11:29:56

At 4/9/10 10:03 AM, Bendt wrote: Can we see a pic of how someone looks like in the future?

If he was deployed for 2 months, it's unlikely that he would have brought a camera full of pictures to show everybody.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 12:03:25

what if you were to have a baby with a woman in this dimension while being here? And how can the scientist of your dimension know if you helped or leaked something about tech and stuff to the people of this dimension? Also,has any new musical instrument appeared? Have Drums or guitars changed form? Has appeared any new opinion about the end of the world after 2012? Also,do people still travel by airplanes or is there an even faster way of travelling? Sorry about my english,these questions are coming from italy again XD

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 13:50:50

Have there been any more discoveries related to space?

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 14:01:57

Do people use AvaTAR/ Surrogates?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 14:09:23

Has the series "Beautiful" finally ended?

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 14:50:41

So according to this theory is an infinite amount of different dimensions because this dimensions you will go to another dimension and then that dimensions you will go etc. so there is an infinite amount of dimensions in different time periods?

BBS Signature

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 15:52:58

I can't believe people are entertaining this idiot.

Response to Hello, Gents. I am from the future. 2010-04-09 16:43:01

At 4/9/10 03:52 PM, zrick wrote: I can't believe people are entertaining this idiot.

It seems plausible to me.

Captain Diabetes is BACK.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature