johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Blank Slate
Tankmen Dual: sound sync problem... 2010-04-05 18:10:05 Reply

the project: For the finale of my Pico day submission, I'm doing an action sequence that is synced up to a song that is 2 minutes and 55 seconds long(or 175 seconds ) and I've got specific part of the action sequence set up to go up with specific parts of the song.

The problem: about 25% of the time the toon and the song arent in sync, the toon somehow ends up getting ahead by 1-2 seconds.

I've already looked around online and found the basic solution was to increase the bit rate of the audio export. That got the problem to shrink, but it still ocurs.

I was just curious if anyone might have any other ideas on how to fix this problem.

Any help would really be appriciated, time is not on my side.

Tankmen Dual: sound sync problem...

kizza0
kizza0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Tankmen Dual: sound sync problem... 2010-04-06 00:07:32 Reply

Never really thought that would be happening, maybe the sound getting ahead of the animation but not the other way round. I guess maybe you could divide the audio track up so its not being called to play on just the first frame. I donno.
You on a mac? Cause at school on the MAC's when testing the swf with flash open it has all sorts of laggy problems. Best if you compile the swf then try it out outside of flash.

BOOM HEADSHOT

BBS Signature
johnathan-wrathborne
johnathan-wrathborne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Tankmen Dual: sound sync problem... 2010-04-06 04:51:51 Reply

At 4/6/10 12:07 AM, kizza0 wrote: Never really thought that would be happening, maybe the sound getting ahead of the animation but not the other way round. I guess maybe you could divide the audio track up so its not being called to play on just the first frame. I donno.
You on a mac? Cause at school on the MAC's when testing the swf with flash open it has all sorts of laggy problems. Best if you compile the swf then try it out outside of flash.

I'm on a PC, windows XP. I *MIGHT* have just fixed the problem now.
I did try to divide the audio track and that didnt do anything unfortunately though.
Thanks for the help.

oh well, 6 min 31 seconds done, 3 min to go and 3 1/2 weeks to do so.