New Topic Respond to this Topic
mrdude300
mrdude300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 10:44 AM Reply

I can understand the mistake but why do they take so much pride in killing.

Tott
Tott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 10:50 AM Reply

Don't we have any Iraqi users who can tell us stuff like this?

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 11:53 AM Reply

ENEMY AC-130 IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 12:21 PM Reply

As awful as this is, it's nothing new. It's a widely known fact that your average American squaddie can't even tell the difference between an insurgent and a dog, let alone news reporters with cameras.

The only thing I don't get is why the American military haven't acknowledged that their soldiers need better binocular / long range viewing equipment (or at least, better training on how to spot weapons at a distance) so they stop shooting people randomly.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 12:25 PM Reply

If you for a second thought they were aiming an RPG at your apache, would you not fire on them? I'd rather make sure I don't go home in a body bag than make sure they don't.

It's a terrible tragedy, but it's not inexcusable, it's not unjustified, it's just war.

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 12:25 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: If you for a second thought they were aiming an RPG at your apache, would you not fire on them? I'd rather make sure I don't go home in a body bag than make sure they don't.

You make it sound like the pilot has zero capability to manoeuvre around something as insanely inaccurate as a RPG.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 01:05 PM Reply

Implying that no other country has ever killed innocent people in a time of war

but seriously, I don't really care.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 01:05 PM, stickman08 wrote: Implying that no other country has ever killed innocent people in a time of war

Well yeah maybe in the past when people were stupid and killed people because they didnt like them. Or by accident which is ok because people make msitakes.

but seriously, I don't really care.

Then why did you post? you obvisously care enough for us to know you dont care, if you REALLY didnt carae you wouldnt be posting, its none of your buisness.

BBS Signature
Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 01:42 PM Reply

It's their own fault for not having Cold-Blooded on.

You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 12:25 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: If you for a second thought they were aiming an RPG at your apache, would you not fire on them? I'd rather make sure I don't go home in a body bag than make sure they don't.

It's a terrible tragedy, but it's not inexcusable, it's not unjustified, it's just war.

Yes, but I think I wouldn't beg bushmaster or something to fire to the van that was trying to help the barelly alive people. "I think I ran over a body lulz." "c'mon, let me fire!". They look like freacking kids playing COD or something. The news said the military took responsibility for the mistake, of course they did, they hid the freacking video for 3 years!

I think it was 3...

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.
My "art" :D

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 12:48 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: You make it sound like the pilot has zero capability to manoeuvre around something as insanely inaccurate as a RPG.

And you make it sound as if that's the most logical option present. To fucking DODGE? Are you serious?
If I see someone aiming an RPG at me, I'm not going to stick around to see if they can hit me. Prevention is better than cure, after all.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 4/5/10 10:57 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: And now two weapons, more coming up as soon as I find them again.

Thats my fucking picture.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Rockyusa
Rockyusa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Fucking AC130. The video was shown on News 12 LIVE for fucks sake!
We all make mistakes, unless they hated publicity or did it for "the lulz" >.>
Every day i feel worse and worse for the civilians of our enemies and start to get more pissed at our army...

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:
: I have no sexual orientation
: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature
Bladezguy
Bladezguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Unfortunately, war is war. And war isn't fair. It just seems like these people were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I mean, I'm sure the pilot didn't want to kill innocent people, and the camera did look like a weapon. Try to live in a life where you face death every single day, they were probably just tried to make a quick decision so they would save U.S lives. Too bad they made the wrong one. From all the way up from where they are you can't see as well as if you were right there.

PSN: BLADEZGUY
Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0
Army Rangers

BBS Signature
Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 12:21 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: As awful as this is, it's nothing new. It's a widely known fact that your average American squaddie can't even tell the difference between an insurgent and a dog, let alone news reporters with cameras.

You're a moron to shorten up the lengthy paragraph I was typing up.

The only thing I don't get is why the American military haven't acknowledged that their soldiers need better binocular / long range viewing equipment (or at least, better training on how to spot weapons at a distance) so they stop shooting people randomly.

Because we don't have the money/the right advisors/enough support from the inside to do that. And if you REALLY wanted to bet your life on every little thing in the middle of a warzone then maybe you should sign up if you're going to be that confident.

No one can be completely sure of what's on the ground. Those soldiers had more than enough reason to fire on those targets, because with the training and technology available to them they did all that they could to protect themselves and others.

Read my other posts in this thread, the same goes for all the other trolls that are HURR DURR WAR IZT TERRIBLE ARMY IS DOGPIG.

BBS Signature
Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 03:28 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 4/5/10 10:57 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: And now two weapons, more coming up as soon as I find them again.
Thats my fucking picture.

And, as I clearly stated, twice I believe, it's another users picture and at the time of posting I didn't feel like reading every name to ensure you get the one hundred percent full and proper credit that you deserve for a screenshot that only saved me the slightest bit of convenience.

I'm EVER so terribly sorry that I did not include your name, blood type, insurance card and work cell and will ensure that in the future I do so, as to make sure you get your dues and all the money that's coming your way because it's so important.

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:28 PM Reply

Gotta love the use of the word "murder" in the title to give just a little bit more of that emotional tick.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:32 PM Reply

oh noes teh ebil irakeez gunna shootz me wiff dar cameraz an tripodz shoot tuh killz!

gotta love all the spin and damage control going on. War is one thing, war crimes are another. being worse than the enemy isn't a good thing. those poor kids watching their dad get blown away while tyring to help a shot up journalist.

just think of all the shit that doesn't get leaked out?

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:41 PM Reply

1. Individuals had weapons, any reporter should know that's not a good group to hang around.
2. All because they are reporters doesn't mean they are on our side. With the group that they were hanging around with, how do we not know what information they are sharing?
3. A van pulls up to a area that just received fire and there are two Apaches flying in the air. I'd turn around and drive away.

The biggest mistake is that we assume that they act like us. They are a totally different culture with a different mindset. We're in a location were we can't tell enemy from friend, corruption is rampant and they kill each other over dollars.

Besides, when it comes down to it. Them over me or my fellow brothers.

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:43 PM Reply

JEEEZZZ... the guys just wanna have fun! ironic.

animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 04:32 PM, SickDeathFiend wrote: just think of all the shit that doesn't get leaked out?

Maybe rather than spewing out your liberal bullshit you can explain to me why the hell you never made another dead rain movie!

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:48 PM Reply

But really, they may have took wrong...i hope.

jimenez3rd
jimenez3rd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

why are we blaming the pilots and gunners, every step of the way I heard them ask for permission to engage.
They did not engage without permission.

HI HI :)

SickDeathFiend
SickDeathFiend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Animator
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 04:46 PM, animehater wrote:
At 4/6/10 04:32 PM, SickDeathFiend wrote: just think of all the shit that doesn't get leaked out?
Maybe rather than spewing out your liberal bullshit you can explain to me why the hell you never made another dead rain movie!

uh.. I blame the terrorists. :D

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

sehnsucht1
sehnsucht1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:51 PM Reply

Whats even more disgusting is how some of you can justify the actions of these soldiers. "Oh yeah reporters shouldn't be in a war zone bla bla bla". Yeah because it's the reporters fault for risking their lives to show the world the horrors of war. Which is happening in their own country by the way, and which the americans have no real reason to be there to begin with. Would you not agree that someone who never watches the news and decides to just ignore the problems in the world might form ignorant opinions? It's thanks to them risking their lives that you at least know whats going on in the world. Reporters are the real peace-keepers. If there was no reporters, you would all be ignorant clones just following their government blindly. It's because of reporters risking their lives that tell you whats really going on in the world. I just find it contradicting to blame reporters for being there and at the same time you forming an opinion about the war. If it wasn't for reporters you wouldn't even know the war was going on.

BBS Signature
HappyMango
HappyMango
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:52 PM Reply

that seems quite troubling for the establishment

If you read this, the terrorists win.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 04:22 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: stuff

Don't sass me, boy. And for the record, my mind was so clouded with pure rage, due to seeing said picture, I couldn't even THINK about reading your entire post. In fact, I was going so beserk, I broke my keyboard by smashing on the keys while typing my response.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Pico
Pico
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 04:50 PM, jimenez3rd wrote: why are we blaming the pilots and gunners, every step of the way I heard them ask for permission to engage.

Did you hear that part at the start of the video where they're saying shots have been fired? Even though no shots have been fired at all, something we can see from the video? That part is a lie. If you report to someone that you're taking fire, even if you aren't, they're going to grant you permission to defend yourself.

jimenez3rd
jimenez3rd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 4/6/10 05:04 PM, Pico wrote:
At 4/6/10 04:50 PM, jimenez3rd wrote: why are we blaming the pilots and gunners, every step of the way I heard them ask for permission to engage.
Did you hear that part at the start of the video where they're saying shots have been fired? Even though no shots have been fired at all, something we can see from the video? That part is a lie. If you report to someone that you're taking fire, even if you aren't, they're going to grant you permission to defend yourself.

just watched the video they never said they had been fired on , the one guy does say referring to the guy they believed was aiming an rpg " we had a guy shooting..now hes behind the building"

its easy to say oh they had cameras in hindsight

US military murders civs, reporters

jimenez3rd
jimenez3rd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to US military murders civs, reporters Apr. 6th, 2010 @ 05:43 PM Reply

hi res image