00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zachattack92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

79,545 Views | 393 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-09 04:19:25

what up, all.

lets kickstart this shebang another motherfucking time. heres something older

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-09 04:20:55

And here's something a little less old. New stuff from now on, kay?

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-18 21:06:45

I've decided that I hate this and that redrawing it is necessary, but posting it anyway.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-18 21:10:15

lone survivor is a great bloody game.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-18 21:12:32

I hadn't played Minecraft since I got it during it's alpha (a fucking while ago), built a gigantic wooden tower, set the fucker on fire then decided I really wasn't the Sims type.

Decided to go back and play it because why the hell not? As far as adventures go, it's a hell of a one. Had a fine fucking time playing it, scrounging materials from the bowels of the earth and fighting my way through castles in alternate dimensions, and finally beat the Grand Scaley Motherfucker himself yesterday.

Got half about through it when I decided "you know what would make this game a whole lot better? If the art didn't look like it was drawn by a fucking pre schooler." Would've complained about the combat, too, but after playing Skyrim I felt right at home.

But I decided to put my money where my mouth was and decided to redraw a few of the things in the game. If I couldn't top their designs myself how could I expect them to? So yeah, I know now to shut right the fuck up with my stupid opinions of design in video games on account of sucking.

Gonna relate to the ideas behind the designs, because why not, right? I have words, you have eyes. Let the two have a coffee or something, and see what happens.

Decided to make a little story behind the monsters and whatnot because right now it just seemed random and that wouldn't do at all. Figured I'd make it in response to some obvious questions:

- Why are all these asshole mongerers coming out only during the night, and are perfectly happy to stick around as the sun BURNS THEM TO DEATH?

- Why are they completely okay with throwing themselves at you, night after night, are okay with attacking you on sight and never falter even as you cut down their comrades?

- Why hasn't anyone figured out that your a badass motherfucker who doesn't take shit from noone? Did their screams as they bit the dirt somehow not hit home?

Then rather with going with the obvious answer (they're game constructs and someone in Mojang lacks an imagination) I decided that mister big grand scaley motherfucker was running a protection racket on the inhabitants of the land and that the minions were actually reincarnated each night - so it wasn't worth hiking it back to base when a little irritation would see you there instantly.

Course, the minions had to come from somewhere. Decided that the creepers weren't even sentient - just portable, gene-spliced bombs that had a hefty amount of punch.

Zombies were just as bad - locals who'd been 'made an example of", just to keep the rest of them from taking up arms. They shamble, moan, die in droves, and are basically just portable warning signs.

Endermen? Well shit, they didn't give a crap. Despite what the protection racket was netting Mr. Big Boss, they still weren't even getting dental. So they just meandered around, 'managing' the local assholes, and ignored everything so long as they didn't do something stupid and mess with THEM.

Skeleton Archers, were getting a bad rep on account of being giant pussies and fighting with arrows. But fuck, they were rocking this reincarnation deal - I mean sure, they got more then what they bargained for when they signed up for immortality - but getting to do what you love, night after night, and not having to worry about some dickhole champion playing kickball with your skull? That's what I call job security. I was actually starting to respect these motherfuckers, so I gave them a "i don't give a fuck" attitude to the point where they're using their own clavicles as quivers.

Now these spiders - a naturally timid and generally sissy species - throwing themselves at you with absolutely no regard for health and safety regulations? Why? Cause they've been trained, of course! A personal favourite of the Big Scaley, they functioned as basic war dogs and boy were they good at it. They were cool with whatever went on, being badass motherfucking war spiders. War ARACHNIDS. Fuck yeah.

Anyway when I got to the giant staticy floating island at the end and found myself up to my tits in Endermen and the lizard fuckface meandering around generally being a fucking game boss instead of rocking in the tons of phat cash I felt like what those fanfic writers do when their lil' novels are chucked out the door by canon. It made me feel sad inside and that wasn't something on my bucket list but OH WELL.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-21 04:03:32

drawing this amount of fanart can't be healthy

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-21 19:49:47

At 3/17/12 05:26 PM, Lintire wrote: Hey look Cave Story. Here is what this originally was going to be. We all make mistakes.

Anyway, portal and abominables.

is it bad that this guy sort of reminds me of ash from pokemon? =P

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-23 21:01:35

At 6/21/12 07:49 PM, Ramatsu wrote: is it bad that this guy sort of reminds me of ash from pokemon? =P

fatal

oh look another pic which is a SCENE

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-23 21:42:26

At 4/9/12 11:04 AM, Lintire wrote: I'm somewhat enamored with this game. Do like how this one turned out, though. Bit messy.
Abommyballs. Portal.

Wow this is amazing dude. i lft a review.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-23 23:06:13

At 6/23/12 09:01 PM, Lintire wrote: oh look another pic which is a SCENE

Left leg brought to you by Virtua Fighter 1.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-06-27 07:43:33

At 6/23/12 11:06 PM, Aigis wrote: Left leg brought to you by Virtua Fighter 1.

I left ultra-low polygon modelling school due to their outrageous policy on codpieces, but the basics stay with you.

At 6/23/12 09:42 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: Wow this is amazing dude. i lft a review.

Seen and replied. Left the ultra-high saturated deal a while ago, though.

Quick Self-Portrait. I'd like to thank the darkened window next to me for being such a good sport.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-15 10:09:30

Haven't posted anything in a while. Been in a tight spot. Here's a few things, though.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-15 10:15:55

'nother crock of shit

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-15 10:17:05

Some bullshit I crapped out yesterday.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-15 11:04:09

The single best thing I have ever created.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-28 09:57:19

some designs I crapped out for a game I'm making.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-28 09:59:07

oh look more characters. I really didn't have to paint these but I'm more comfortable doing that so whatever.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-28 10:01:41

some crappy sketch.

Never watched cartoons as a kid but someone recommended this one to me and it turns out that cartoons are pretty rad.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-08-28 13:33:51

At 8/28/12 10:01 AM, Lintire wrote: some crappy sketch.

Never watched cartoons as a kid but someone recommended this one to me and it turns out that cartoons are pretty rad.

... I think I love you. That is beautiful, I really enjoy the designs, and the colors look great!

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-09-28 23:30:35

Attack of the fucking smurfs or whatever.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-09-28 23:32:10

Did this for a friend's birthday.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-09-28 23:41:17

So fucking over this.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-09 02:52:29

bernding erf iserc
merm; ner iserc, yer bernded yer lerst
iserc: neeeeeeeeer

ernd

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-09 03:43:46

At 10/9/12 02:52 AM, Lintire wrote: bernding erf iserc
merm; ner iserc, yer bernded yer lerst
iserc: neeeeeeeeer

ernd

Very cool. Good use of colour.

I feel like in the future it might be a good idea to try to do a little more blending. In some ways it still looks a little unfinished. But that's a minor thing for the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-14 23:22:04

At 10/9/12 03:43 AM, Aigis wrote: Very cool. Good use of colour.

I feel like in the future it might be a good idea to try to do a little more blending. In some ways it still looks a little unfinished. But that's a minor thing for the moment.

Bloody good point, that, and you're too right; it got to a point where I was one step removed from scribbling the paint on. Would've replied sooner, but I have this pet peeve about replying to this thread without art to back it up.

Speaking of which, tried to make this one a little more 'finished".

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-14 23:23:36

This one... this one was a complete write-off. Tried to salvage it, but it doesn't nearly do the original vision justice.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-22 07:23:45

Second picture for some requests I'm doing for the hell of it.

Thought it turned out good enough to leave in this thread.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-22 08:15:09

At 10/22/12 07:23 AM, Lintire wrote: Thought it turned out good enough to leave in this thread.

When playing poker, it's best not to lose your head.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-24 03:35:47

At 10/22/12 08:15 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/22/12 07:23 AM, Lintire wrote: Thought it turned out good enough to leave in this thread.
When playing poker, it's best not to lose your head.

Some people just can't bluff half a damn.

In order from least to most stepped on: Kim, Amy, Emi, and Lyn (who we all know is the most important character).
The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy. Go check it out, it's actually a pretty sweet webcomic.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2012-10-24 04:45:33

At 10/24/12 03:35 AM, Lintire wrote: In order from least to most stepped on: Kim, Amy, Emi, and Lyn (who we all know is the most important character).
The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy. Go check it out, it's actually a pretty sweet webcomic.

This is the best.

BBS Signature