New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-05-15 04:37:51 Reply

At 5/14/11 01:06 PM, Decky wrote: Cool art dude. I like the use of light above the characters head and the reflection of the green on it's hair.

Hey, man, thanks! Although, it did do pretty miserably in the Art Portal, so I don't know. Must have done something wrong or something.

Sorry for the late reply. I've decided that the best replies are the ones with updates. Speaking of which...

Here's a little meme that I found on dA that I wanted to complete - for no real good reason, only that I love l4d and that this was a pretty original take on it. Took me a while, it doubled as a colouring experiment. I'm just trying to get better.

Resized to fit into the BBS (Fun fact: If you resize pieces yourself in Photoshop, the quality loss is much less noticable!) But you can view the full size here.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-05-17 06:48:40 Reply

At 5/15/11 04:43 AM, Addict wrote: p.s. This is silentkat/friday

Hey man! Nice name that you've got there. Certainly has a pretty badass ring to it.
Totally agree with you about the gore. I've always had trouble doing "wet" stuff, and you make a great point. Hell, next time I intend to do apocalyptic fanart, I'll try to maximize the gore.

Now this rancid piece of digital painting is one that I'm begrudgingly proud off - that is, it didn't suck as pretty much absolutely everything else I've ever painted. About 4 things.

Already have had some good feedback from Aigis concerning this, over Stickam. Amounted to "don't draw man ladies". Lol.
Portal and Pronz

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-05-24 09:36:48 Reply

Update with tits and more colouring practice because I'm just practicing how to draw both.

From what I can perceive, the side of the anatomy (to the left) is a bit off in this one and from what I'm seeing, i fucked up the knees something awful. The tail could have used quite a bit of alteration, too, but I'm happy with the hair.

BUT I DIGRESS HERE IS ARTS.

Lintire's Art String

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-05-24 12:56:37 Reply

At 5/24/11 09:36 AM, Lintire wrote: From what I can perceive, the side of the anatomy (to the left) is a bit off in this one and from what I'm seeing, i fucked up the knees something awful. The tail could have used quite a bit of alteration, too, but I'm happy with the hair.

I always have problems with the knees, I can't help you a lot with that.
I still suck at anatomy but maybe I can help you improve it a bit. One of the main things bothering me right now is that line under the boobs. I don't know what's it's name, but I know what you were trying to do. Try drawing two lines instead, something like this, but better :/

Lintire's Art String

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-05-26 05:56:19 Reply

At 5/24/11 12:56 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Legitmately sound advice.

Hey, man, thanks! Thanks actually a great point you put forth - don't know what was going through my mind when I put that line there for the sternum (there you go, name), soemthing to do with abs. Oops. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that in future.

Also congrats on the frontpage, man! Dolly rules.

Here's some Ratchet and Clank, Space Marine style! Created with input from a genuine Ratchet and Clank nerd, so hopefully it wasn't too off. I just did everything from memory - can't even be arsed to look up what I'm copying half these days.

Hopefully that "white line around the pic" won't appear this time. Something to do with me not filling in the background entirely, I've figured. idk, here we go.

Lintire's Art String

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-05-26 15:31:27 Reply

At 5/26/11 05:56 AM, Lintire wrote:
At 5/24/11 12:56 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Legitmately sound advice.
Hey, man, thanks! Thanks actually a great point you put forth - don't know what was going through my mind when I put that line there for the sternum (there you go, name), soemthing to do with abs. Oops. Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that in future.

Also congrats on the frontpage, man! Dolly rules.

Here's some Ratchet and Clank, Space Marine style! Created with input from a genuine Ratchet and Clank nerd, so hopefully it wasn't too off. I just did everything from memory - can't even be arsed to look up what I'm copying half these days.

Hopefully that "white line around the pic" won't appear this time. Something to do with me not filling in the background entirely, I've figured. idk, here we go.

Thank you! :D
By the way, I screwed up, I didn't meant drawing just two lines, I meant elaborating it a little more. If two lines work for you then great!

Also thanks for telling me the name, you learn something new everyday, even when I should have learned that years ago.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-03 09:05:49 Reply

ARRRRRRRRRGH ME MATAYS

alestorm ftw

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-03 17:35:56 Reply

At 6/3/11 09:05 AM, Lintire wrote: ARRRRRRRRRGH ME MATAYS
alestorm ftw

Pirate metal is best.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-17 05:36:07 Reply

At 6/3/11 05:35 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Pirate metal is best.

Your taste in metal is commendable.

Uh... art for blog... since money. Still need add the shadows to the ground, but that's sort of dependable on the background and its sort of weird, so I'll wait for that.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-25 03:43:21 Reply

I haven't been doing a lot of digital art lately - but I have been doing shitloads of traditional art that I don't actually really want to upload here; if that explains the absense of actual presentable work.

Anyway, I'm doing a little "MS Paint Adventures" style comic for another forum, except that it's an actual comic with a story and shit and that it follows that arc. Mostly, I'm working on the story, but I did do a few concepts and I figured that I'd upload them here.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-26 02:28:53 Reply

So hey I drew something for my profile and it was some good practice at painting in which I figured that more is much better then less.

I'm also drawing a hell of a lot of other things, but also this.

Lintire's Art String

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-26 04:28:19 Reply

At 6/26/11 02:28 AM, Lintire wrote: So hey I drew something for my profile and it was some good practice at painting in which I figured that more is much better then less.

Put your Fffff- face on

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-26 16:45:41 Reply

At 6/26/11 02:28 AM, Lintire wrote: So hey I drew something for my profile and it was some good practice at painting in which I figured that more is much better then less.

Lint can we be troll buddies please

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-06-26 20:14:13 Reply

Cool posts bro, glad to see you're not afraid of full scenes. Keep that up, in time it'll make you so much stronger than those of us who just do floating heads all day.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-03 11:45:31 Reply

At 6/26/11 04:28 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Put your Fffff- face on

DAT ASS

At 6/26/11 04:45 PM, Danopus wrote: Lint can we be troll buddies please

Is that a question? Any day of the week!

At 6/26/11 08:14 PM, Hyptosis wrote: Cool posts bro, glad to see you're not afraid of full scenes. Keep that up, in time it'll make you so much stronger than those of us who just do floating heads all day.

Hey, man, thanks! I honestly didn't see doing large designs as a big "thing", so I'll try to do more of those; makes sense, anyway.

Sorry for not replying sooner, I wanted to have something to show. Since My Robot Day picture kind of crashed (as much due to that I learned that the way I was doing it was incredibly redundant) I quickly whipped this up; sadly, just a character design of an UrbanDead character.

Since UrbanDead is a text-based game, I figure it counts.

Lintire's Art String

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-03 12:28:04 Reply

Don't feel like criticising, sorry. I'll just say that I love the new stuff you're posting! From the Alestorm skull to the very last one! I like them very much!

you're evil now?

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-06 13:03:52 Reply

At 7/3/11 12:28 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
you're evil now?

I've always been evil, Merol, I just went dark to match itto my precious signature. I don't have that problem anymore. And thanks for liking my stuffs!

Anyway, here's a skateboard design commission that took a stupidly long time to make and constricted me from contributing to other projects.

I do however, intensely approve of zombie apocalypses. Final result actually kind of reminded my of Rhunyc's stuff, with his fetish for young boys and death. Love yah, mate.

Herpa derpa PORTAL derpa DA FUCK THAT SITE.

Lintire's Art String

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-06 17:14:49 Reply

At 7/6/11 01:03 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 7/3/11 12:28 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
you're evil now?
I've always been evil, Merol, I just went dark to match itto my precious signature.

If that's supposed to be Pennywise, it should say BEEP BEEP not HONK HONK.

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-06 23:51:36 Reply

At 6/3/11 09:05 AM, Lintire wrote: ARRRRRRRRRGH ME MATAYS
alestorm ftw

I like this. I like this a lot. I don't like the color bleeding, But I like the Jolly Roger. On an unrelated not I always wanted to make a picture of Mew 2 as a Pirate captain. It just seems to fit in my mind. But why's the rum gone!?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-10 11:57:47 Reply

At 7/6/11 05:14 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: If that's supposed to be Pennywise, it should say BEEP BEEP not HONK HONK.

It's actually a little picture inspired by Gamzee, off Homestruck, although obviously he looks incredibly different. So right now it's just the cheap man's Pennywise, Jonny.

At 7/6/11 11:51 PM, MajesticBob wrote: I like this. I like this a lot. I don't like the color bleeding, But I like the Jolly Roger. On an unrelated not I always wanted to make a picture of Mew 2 as a Pirate captain. It just seems to fit in my mind. But why's the rum gone!?

Mewtwo would definitely make the perfect pirate captain, Merol, and if I were to guess I'd say that Christian Bale took all the rum along with all the pokemons, that greedy bastard.

Anyway, here's the submission for Robot Day 2011! A bit last minute, but fuck you.

Pirates rule all.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-13 07:18:23 Reply

Another Character Design of UrbanDead.

Basically a bribery attempt to get into a high-tier PKing group without all the pesky paperwork and requirements. Worked lol.

Lintire's Art String

ThePsychoSheep
ThePsychoSheep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-13 07:41:04 Reply

At 7/13/11 07:18 AM, Lintire wrote: Another Character Design of UrbanDead.

Basically a bribery attempt to get into a high-tier PKing group without all the pesky paperwork and requirements. Worked lol.

Really love how you made her hair :D.Quite stylish.I like the character overall,there is only one thing bothering me and that's the fact the her left arm looks thinner than the right one :/

I think something smart has to be written in here but im too dumb to think it up
Click signature for my DeviantArt

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-13 12:40:53 Reply

At 7/13/11 07:41 AM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: Really love how you made her hair :D.Quite stylish.I like the character overall,there is only one thing bothering me and that's the fact the her left arm looks thinner than the right one :/

Damn it, you're completely right. and you wouldn't believe how horrible that arm was to begin with. Ah, I'll have to look out for it next time, don't feel like editing it for that.

Oh, well, here's the portrait I submitted to the Self-Portrait Contest.

Not going into the portal, but I'll submit it to DeviantArt because I consider that place a dump.

Lintire's Art String

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-13 17:20:35 Reply

At 7/13/11 07:18 AM, Lintire wrote: Another Character Design of UrbanDead.

I agree with the guy below about the arm, but there are also another things that are bothering me.
The right foot, it doesn't look like it is completely inside the shoe. It looks more like it doesn't fit it.
Those lines in the left leg, they are way too long, maybe you could try making them a little shorter.
Also the axe, but I don't know what to say about it. Did you use any reference for it?

I like the hair, it kinda looks like it's made of chocolate. I don't know if that's what you were going for but it looks good (and tasty).

Overall I like it very much, Lintire.

Oh, well, here's the portrait I submitted to the Self-Portrait Contest.

Not going into the portal, but I'll submit it to DeviantArt because I consider that place a dump.

You're not alone.

Lintire's Art String

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-07-13 17:28:53 Reply

At 7/13/11 05:20 PM, MasterMerol wrote: The right foot, it doesn't look like it is completely inside the shoe. It looks more like it doesn't fit it.

She's obviously jumping into her shoes ;P

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-08-01 08:50:09 Reply

Hey guys, I've been out of it for a while but I guess that I've done a hell of a lot of drawings on paper and stuff so that's okay. I've just maintained to only post "finished" crap in the thread, though.

At 7/13/11 05:20 PM, MasterMerol wrote: You're not alone.

Yeah, I know, I take a while to get back to you on your fantastic comments, but I only like to post with new content and I've been out of commission for a while.

Anyway, no reference was used for the axe, and those lines were actually my attempt at drawing ankles. Yeap, I'll have to keep an eye out for that in the future.

At 7/13/11 05:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: She's obviously jumping into her shoes ;P

I really wish I could do that. Really.

At 7/3/11 11:45 AM, Lintire wrote: Since UrbanDead is a text-based game, I figure it counts.

Redrew this character to be less "trenchy" and simply be more professional. Didn't upload it anywhere or anything like that. Other then mah UD wikia page.

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-08-11 04:49:47 Reply

Madness Day sketch. Spent ages on this part alone, and it's time to move on to part 2! The Digital-Line-Artening.

Lintire's Art String

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-08-11 05:43:15 Reply

Looks good Lint , looking through your thread you do show improvement every new piece.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-09-02 18:45:11 Reply

At 8/11/11 05:43 AM, Knocturne wrote: Looks good Lint , looking through your thread you do show improvement every new piece.

Thanks, dude. I'll be posting more arts as of the now, so hopefully it'll be getting even better.

Anyway, here's my submission for the CHOW 48.

I actually did two iterations of the same character, but I scrapped the left because I really, really did not like a lot of it. Especailly the pose.

On the right, though, I liked it enough to leave it alone.

Portal and Genericness

Lintire's Art String

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Lintire's Art String 2011-09-07 01:14:45 Reply

A terrible, terrible speedpaint. I really am terrible at painting, and that shit doesn't look like it's about to change any fucking time soon.

Ah well, all the more reason to get better at this shit. I'm not uploading it anywhere except here. Well, okay, I'll go ahead and plug it on GenericArt, I guess.

Lintire's Art String