00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

notyou4567 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

79,664 Views | 393 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-29 08:36:21

Here's another Render/Concept. I'm suffering to upload these at dial-speed - but hey, Newgrounds is worth the pain.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-29 08:38:24

I'm working on these two or three at a time - although they take liek several hours each (I still suck, give me a break) it's worth it to add to the collection.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-29 08:50:44

Last one for now - like before, i kept the original scan in - although it's removed for the .png
This fucker is the mascot of my comic - took a while to get his personality under wraps (these are based of people in forum, fyi, so that saves me a shitload of character creation. If these look boring, it's because their owners are boring) but I like he look in the end - reminded me of gir so I implemented the colour scheme.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-29 14:30:40

I like your style, keep it up, you've gotten a lot better now than the first drawing. Make some more of all different things, doesn't matter, go crazy, try out some new styles, I'm liking it!

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-04-29 17:25:14

At 4/29/10 02:30 PM, MisterMirrorMaster wrote: I like your style, keep it up, you've gotten a lot better now than the first drawing. Make some more of all different things, doesn't matter, go crazy, try out some new styles, I'm liking it!

What do you know - I suppose I am getting both better and a style! Thanks for taking the time to flick through and point that out.
I'll have to try something different - and I do have a few things lined up for the weekend - two of which I'm hoping finish up soundly enough for submission to the Portal (However, I only expect to finish the one). Better yet, my internet resets, so it won't be a nightmare trying to upload.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-01 01:03:45

In direct contradiction to the good advice given beforehand, heres another render. That's the last one for now. Got to do some constructive stuffs.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-01 02:44:58

Something different for a change. Even did a pretty accurate self-portrait of myself.
No idea how to do a proper comic bubble, though.
Not good enough - not nearly good enough - to be submitted to the art portal, but it's not bad for a sketch.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-02 03:02:36

I'm jsut going to post this here too, as a referance if nothing else. Good point of tokens. Where I put some effort in, and comparison to the stuff 2 or 3 pages ago. Actually, I think I'm only on my second page. 'Second' being relative. I'm in no hurry to go anywhere but forward.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-08 08:44:51

I'm debating whether or not to chuck this one up on the art portal. Eh, probably not. I'll until I produce something worth mentioning to gift it to the portal.
dA, on the other hand...

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-08 08:47:45

I didn't forget the picture... I clicked the wrong button.
Fail.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-13 03:23:11

Here's a WIP. It's... still in the works. I'm not working on it very often. It started out as, like, an eight-hour marathon, like most of my big pictures, and then I discovered something new, and pretty scary - there was not enough time. This type of purity phenomenon really is an eye opener, so I'm working on this in a periodical fashion - that is, whenever I have a spare moment. Not as often as I'd like, but too often to complain.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-17 08:09:11

I'm still working loosely on the Pico pic I posted earlier... loosely. Working out well, but I had to deviate a bit and enter at least some sort of excuse for my recent failure to deliver any new material for my webcomic thing. It's really just a filler. One that shows (I suppose) just the extent with which the characters wold contrast with a lighter world.
So hey, all the more reason to keep them in the shits.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-17 08:45:24

I like the shading and contrast of light in some of your arts. A few of the characters are coloured too dark though so you can't really see any features on them. You should try making your outlines thinner and cleaner.

It would be interesting to see you try some outline less art and see how that turns out.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-18 06:04:34

At 5/17/10 08:45 AM, CloudEater wrote: I like the shading and contrast of light in some of your arts. A few of the characters are coloured too dark though so you can't really see any features on them. You should try making your outlines thinner and cleaner.

First of all, thanks for the reply! I thought it was getting a little dusty in here.
At first, when people complained that my characters were way too dark, I didn't really believe them. Saw them on a screen other than mine and I was quite surprised to see how bloody dark they were. I'm going to try and and lighten them up a bit, palette wise, while keeping the angsty feel in it.
As for the outlines, making them so thick was probably a mistake from square 1 - but since the renders were part of a set, I didn't really want to edit the style, jsut improve the quality. I'm going to take your advice and keep them a lot thinner for the next pieces, see how it works out.
Cleaner... well I've always been a fan of the messy style - Mindchamber and all that. Might try cleaning it up, I suppose.

It would be interesting to see you try some outline less art and see how that turns out.

Ah, now that's interesting. I've tried a few lineless (just look at my profile pic) but IMO they've always turned juxtaposed and fairly crap. Even the CHOW 36# entry was lineless, but I decided I disliked it so much I actually went back with the brush tool and gave it some outlines. I might try some digital painting in the future, lineless without the layering technique. Might turn out better, who knows.

Anyway, thanks for posting. The advice is appreciated. I was taken aback so it took me a while to muster the strength to come up with answer, let alone a satisfactory one.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-18 09:19:19

At 5/18/10 06:04 AM, Lintire wrote: I'm going to take your advice and keep them a lot thinner for the next pieces, see how it works out.
Cleaner... well I've always been a fan of the messy style - Mindchamber and all that. Might try cleaning it up, I suppose.

Thick outlines can look good but usually with extremely stylised art. Mindchamer's style is more sketchy than messy. His lines aren't one big line like you've been doing and is really good with colours, so messyness can be good if your doing it right.

I've tried a few lineless (just look at my profile pic) but IMO they've always turned juxtaposed and fairly crap. I might try some digital painting in the future, lineless without the layering technique. Might turn out better, who knows.
Yea lineless stuff is hard...

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-05-19 05:55:09

At 5/18/10 09:19 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 5/18/10 06:04 AM, Lintire wrote: I'm going to take your advice and keep them a lot thinner for the next pieces, see how it works out.
Thick outlines can look good but usually with extremely stylised art. Mindchamer's style is more sketchy than messy. His lines aren't one big line like you've been doing and is really good with colours, so messyness can be good if your doing it right.

Okay so this maaaaay look like it completely ignored everything you stood for, but the linart and most of the colouring was allready done at the time of your post, and I just wanted to finish the bloody thing off.
I can't tell if it's too dark or anything - my monitor is blastedly awesome that way - always auto-adjusting - so if anyone complains let me know and I'll lighten it up a little.
Anyway I think I posted the WIP for this earlier on, but it was no where near finished. Here it is - possibly the first artwork I haven't finished in one sitting. Still not as good as I'd like it to be, or nearly as detailed, but it taught me a few things about patience and art, which was what this was meant to be an exercise of.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-06 06:29:32

Well, decided to do something truly different. I think this has sufficiently satisfied the "different" quota. Besides, being stuck in one style isn't my style.

-Here's the WIP to compare how much effort I plugged into it. Kinda proud of how I handled it, actually. Yeah...

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-06 06:32:52

And ehre's teh finished piece. Skimpy clothing is regular. Less clothing comes at an extra cost (?)

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-08 10:53:14

Here's a Lineart WIP in the making - it's a fairly simple piece, But I'm intent to make it work.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-08 10:57:16

Wrong button. Forgive me, lords of double posting. Twas a simple mistake.
Anyway, it's an ID for Deviant Art - I don't like the one I have now, and am taking steps to fix that.
Trying to make it a tad original - haven't added in a background as of yet.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-14 04:36:08

Here's a little thing I did for the background for the Radio Chat backgrounds thing. A portrait requested by another user on the Chat, so it's fitting that it's submitted as a background. With any luck, might even be accepted. Also, forgot to set the kitteh on fire.

I'm officially reccomending the NG Radio Chat.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-14 14:47:41

my image'll be the bg on the radiochat?
madness!

really like your work aswell as ur style, u've got talent I'd say
looking at your pics in the timeline its made, you're developing a unique style
keep it up ;p

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-14 23:51:37

Looking good lintire! That's one big sword! This is good, because the character design is awesome and unique. And I'm loving the green ma. Seriously awesome.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-20 12:50:38

Thanks for the comments!

:Looking good lintire! That's one big sword! This is good, because the character design is awesome and unique. And I'm loving the green ma. Seriously awesome.

The green was the text colour he was using at the time :3

I know, faces have always kinda been

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-06-20 12:54:12

Thanks for the comments! I screwed up the above post, clicked the wrong button. Could a mod please delete it?

Looking good lintire! That's one big sword! This is good, because the character design is awesome and unique. And I'm loving the green ma. Seriously awesome.

The green was the text colour he was using at the time :3 I tried to fix up as much internet memes into the character design as possible, so it's notice to see that someone notices it ^^

Faces have always kinda been my low points - try as I might, I an't get them right. Practice makes perfect, though.

Anyway, after a largely wasted weekend, I started thinking of philosophy. Me and a friend start up a conversation about the meaning of life, and what we ended up with looked pretty much like this:

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-07-06 05:01:22

What's that? Now updates in ages? Well, I suppose I've been neglecting this thread. But I swear, I've been drawing! I even did like, a new page for my comic! Took ages, but I managed to remind myself what was so fun about drawing in the first place and pull through.

Now, I decided I'll post a signature I did for another user here, because I've always counted GFX as art. Any of you guys know anything about GFX, please give me some tips how to get better D: I'm kind of rusty (and to be honest, not very good to begin with). No cookies for guessing who the sig was for, but I figured it practice and did it for fun - which I admit, it was fun making this.

I'm also starting to draw some concept art for a game I'm invloved in, so I'll post any of that stuff here - finally got my tablet working.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-07-08 04:54:12

Extremely unhappy with how the background turned out, but kind of light the foreground. Will probably alter big time before actual use, but it's already in the portal (with the lowest scores of any of my pieces, I might add D:) and well, that's much ado about nothing.
Here's the "hi-res" version if there exists such a thing, not much difference.
Here's the, I dunno, smaller version.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-07-17 02:54:17

Here's the Art Portal Version. Go vote and peer at the hi-quality version, or something. I don't know.
I started pulling out my tablet, then realized all my lineart sucked balls, then took steps to circumvent that and came up with this. There's more description in the link.
It's sucks balls, but now it's WAY higher quality ball-sucking. You know you like that.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-08-11 09:05:20

Well, finally, here's something new. I know it took a while, but I was working on this a bit at a time, 20 minutes here and there - I've had a very busy schedule, and as a result have not had much time to work on mah arts. I've got a much more hi-res version:
Go vote and comment and shit.
In order to encourage some posting, the next two posters will get whatever the hell they want, provided it isn't ridiculous (as in, not a fully fledged operatic battle space age fight scene, which I know takes out most of your first choices :3) turned into a fully fledged drawing.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2010-08-17 08:18:19

Gah, having a little trouble with transparency, but here's a little gif thing I did for no real reason.
Here's the version, if this one doesn't happen to animate, until I can figure out how to get rid of the white bits.

You guys wouldn't happen to know, would you?

Lintire's Art String