00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds Gijinka collab.

17,138 Views | 209 Replies

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:19:23

At 4/7/10 11:14 PM, Wivernryder wrote: ah screw it someone took scyther; alright I'm out.

:(

...This is indeed a disturbing universe... O_o

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:23:40

At 4/7/10 11:12 PM, Weenog wrote: guess who ^^

ohmygod that is soo badass hahaha
now you just gotta resize it n' shit

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:32:16

Perhaps it was lost in transit and all, but was "Mew" actually accepted into the collab? I'm... I'm not quite sure. I could redo it with more effort and all, but... erm...
Yeah. Just asking.

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:32:49

At 4/7/10 11:00 PM, Aigis wrote: So I'm sorry for all of these stupid posts I've done. I have no idea what I thought I was doing in bitching so much.

ok now that were being civil I think a better explination is in order.
the reasons we are having trouble approving, is not because were assholes or looking for a fight or because your art lacks skill or anythign like that, but the Pokemon you drew were already called by another artist, so now we have to sift threw which will be better and done on time.
Kashi called Sandshrew and Sandslash already as well with Cubone and Marowak, although she might have backed out of those last two.
This was based on a first come first served, but this is a monkey wrench in the plans. An as Far as I'm concerned it still is unless a deal can be worked out between you and Kakashi1930 or she doesn't get them done in time.
So as a simple resolution, Kashi, I'm going to ask you to drop Sandshrew and Sandslash, and officially drop Cubone and Marowak. Kashi you have enough on your plate to let this one go. Aigis if you are still in, I would like you to do Sandshrew and Marowak to keep with the consistency.

TO EVERYONE:
This little spat is why we asked you to name what pokemon you wanted to draw before you drew it, We also wanted you to check and see if your chosen Pocket Monster was already called for.

To Help Keep this from happening again, a much better list will be kept, and updated frequently

Now lets get back to some art.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:35:10

At 4/7/10 11:14 PM, Wivernryder wrote: ah screw it someone took scyther; alright I'm out.

there is always Scizor - #212
perhaps a tag team?

At 4/7/10 11:32 PM, Lintire wrote: Perhaps it was lost in transit and all, but was "Mew" actually accepted into the collab? I'm... I'm not quite sure. I could redo it with more effort and all, but... erm...
Yeah. Just asking.

As far as I know, yes it is.
I would like to see Mewtwo as kind of a big mean brother to that one though

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:44:42

kinsei cyndaquil family for me i said that before, and we really need to sort out these sizes, landscapes are no good for full body pics

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:47:09

At 4/7/10 11:32 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: So as a simple resolution, Kashi, I'm going to ask you to drop Sandshrew and Sandslash, and officially drop Cubone and Marowak. Kashi you have enough on your plate to let this one go. Aigis if you are still in, I would like you to do Sandshrew and Marowak to keep with the consistency.

Huh.

I was fairly certain I looked through the thread first before I chose the Pokemon I drew.

Looking again, it turns out that I had 'Match Case' ticked on my Ctrl+F bar, and I was searching in lower case. Pretty dumb of me.

I guess I could do the other two Pokemon, but the problem is that Marowak and Sandshrew look almost exactly like Cubone and Sandslash when you boil them down to the bare essential aspects of their design. There's not a whole lot to differentiate them.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:48:36

At 4/7/10 11:44 PM, Ashman wrote: kinsei cyndaquil family for me i said that before, and we really need to sort out these sizes, landscapes are no good for full body pics

ok adding it to you, I only took calls form this thread not the other one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-07 23:56:23

At 4/7/10 11:32 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Kashi called Sandshrew and Sandslash already as well with Cubone and Marowak, although she might have backed out of those last two.
This was based on a first come first served, but this is a monkey wrench in the plans. An as Far as I'm concerned it still is unless a deal can be worked out between you and Kakashi1930 or she doesn't get them done in time.
So as a simple resolution, Kashi, I'm going to ask you to drop Sandshrew and Sandslash, and officially drop Cubone and Marowak.

o.o but.... im already done with the lineart for sandshrew...

if Aigis IS going to be in the collab, this could work out 3 ways

1. You do the originaly 1st come first serve, which would be me
2. You choose the best out of the two, so everyoone is game
or
3. He has sandslash done; I'll finish my sandshrew. Though the art style isn't continues, we both win.

Not my choice of course, but throwing the ideas out there

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:00:01

here you go... ^^ all good? hope you like it

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:02:45

At 4/7/10 11:56 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: if Aigis IS going to be in the collab, this could work out

this is Now between you and him. Not the rest of us.
Work it out threw PM or what ever method of privet communication you choose.
I'm not trying to sound mean here but you guys aren't leaving me a lot of choice.
If you guys decide to team up and do a evolution set together then fine by me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:06:30

At 4/8/10 12:02 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 4/7/10 11:56 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: if Aigis IS going to be in the collab, this could work out
this is Now between you and him. Not the rest of us.
Work it out threw PM or what ever method of privet communication you choose.
I'm not trying to sound mean here but you guys aren't leaving me a lot of choice.
If you guys decide to team up and do a evolution set together then fine by me.

ashman talked me out of it
take your sandslash and cubone (jerks)
btw i forgot tomention above but yeah i dropped cubone and marowak (officially)

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:22:26

Scizor just... Isn't the same...

I actually have hated scizor ever since my brother got one and trained it up to 100... The moveset he put on it just rapes everything. Loatheful creature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:28:35

you can still do scyther if you like.... i realy don't need to be part of this that desperatly

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:35:44

Nah it's fine... I probably don't need more work right now anyway... Making fire dance to music is hard enough. Drawing would probably set me back on homework too cause of the amount of time I've started putting into some of my stuff.
Besides... I hadn't even begun on it yet. At least this way it doesn't feel as though I have an incomplete piece that is no longer needed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 00:50:58

At 4/8/10 12:35 AM, Wivernryder wrote:
Besides... I hadn't even begun on it yet. At least this way it doesn't feel as though I have an incomplete piece that is no longer needed.

:( like me

done with floatzel gonna start murkrow sometime tomorrow

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 01:54:21

Okay, I better call dibs on MewTwo as well, to keep mine in a sort of parrallel consistency with the rest of the collab. I'm also recalling my previous submission of Mew to redo it with effort, so consider the last one a WIP.
Better get on it...

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 04:54:45

WIP: Sandshrew.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 05:01:17

i have dibsys on Meditite & Medicham ^^

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 05:09:05

At 4/8/10 05:01 AM, hound-of-soundwave wrote: i have dibsys on Meditite & Medicham ^^

added

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 05:59:27

Aigis I had already saved them to my folder of Gijinkas, but I had to sleep before I updated the list. Also daaamn, a lot happens when I'm away.

Anyway, yeah I actually decline my absol picture as the proportions are pretty shitty.

Uhh, yeah. I dont particularly want to redo the Bulbasaur chain, but im gonna have a go at Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard, and do it right this time.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 06:42:38

Ok I'd already started this last night, and decided to finish it now.

Charmander.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 06:44:12

At 4/8/10 05:59 AM, Danopus wrote: im gonna have a go at Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard,

ok added

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 07:13:00

Well Espeon is pretty much done.
that leaves Leafeon and Glaceon and Vaporeon

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 08:16:11

At 4/8/10 07:13 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Well Espeon is pretty much done.
that leaves Leafeon and Glaceon and Vaporeon

Aaaaaaaaaaah the first two don't exist LALALALA can't hear you LALALA

nah just kidding.... Heartgold has forced me to accept the existence of the 4th gen.

Anyway, can't wait Kinsei.
I have revised my plan. I'm going to try for Staryu and Starmie.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 08:31:41

Sandshrew.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 08:34:39

At 4/8/10 08:16 AM, Wivernryder wrote:
nah just kidding.... Heartgold has forced me to accept the existence of the 4th gen.

I refuse to accept any evidence of fourth gen.
Anyway, heres the Mew Gijinka with... a tad more effort put into it.
If you guys want, I can put the full sized version in my dumping grounds (since this forum system scales it down).

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 08:56:21

Charmeleon rawr.

Im proud of this one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 08:57:15

Re-sized and ready to go!

#241, Miltank!

"High rez"

Response to The Newgrounds Gijinka collab. 2010-04-08 09:01:57

At 4/8/10 08:56 AM, Danopus wrote: Charmeleon rawr.

Im proud of this one.

Sorry for the double post, forgot some of his scars etc.

By the way, Aigis, I'm lovin' that Sandshrew. I don't know about Ashy, but that's in by my opinions.

Also, Lintire, I like the new Mew a lot better, and i'll talk to Ashy about yours.

And Kernal, the Miltank is great, im gonna stick it in the Gijinka folder.

BBS Signature