- BRING BRING DING DANG BÅNG BLÖÖp!
- More or less everyone have their own cellphone - or similiar device with telephone-functions - nowadays. Most people likes to personalize their gear with shells, colours, design - and of course ringtones.
- Rather certain, there's one or two of you out there who have a song/loop from the NG AP on your cellphone already, but of course it'd be different with tunes made especially for this purpose (OP used to have a PX9 tune as ringtone. Giggle. ^___________^)
- Contest entries with some kind of lyrics/spoken word is something we like to hear. Because it's awesome. Even EXTRA awesome if there is collaborations between audio-artists and voice-actors, that's like OMFG two thumbS+ up, guises, the judges will LURVE this!!!!
- You can look for voice actors in Voice Actor Wanted. Or just use this thread to talk with your fellow NG'ers, maybe you'll find a perfect partner to hook up in here!
- Althought prefered, including spoken/sung words is not a requirement. Humouristic ringtones just might stand a better chanse.
- With Pico Day coming up, it'd be cool if ringtones could be made somehow NG-related. This is not a restriction of some sort, but it will be duly noted with an agent-styled nod of understanding in the judging-process if the ringtone indeed is NG-related.
- If you don't like them weird VA's to be part of your work, but you still want some kind of spoken/sung words in your contest entry, but you don't know how to voice-act yourself - check the voice-recording wiki for tips/inspiration.
- On an ringtone-unrelated but contest-related note, don't forget about the NG Hip Hop Competition '10 submitted by tingtonger, if you're into Hip Hop!
1st) 50USD store credit OR cash
2nd) 30USD store credit OR cash
3rd) 10USD store credit OR cash
4th) 10USD store credit OR cash
5th - 10+) a friendly lol.
- Top four submissions will also be featured on the NG Frontpage for roughly a week or so. MMMMMM... FEELS GOOD!
- The top four who are entitled to the credit/cash awards should choose between credit OR cash as soon as possible, and PM Rucklo this choise.
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what´s OK to upload and what´s not, check this old thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use. This mean you are NOT allowed to use voice-samples from f.ex. a movie, a copyrighted record or simililar.
2 - Make a ringtone according to the NG submission rules. BRING RING!
3 - Submit the ringtone to the NG Audio Portal.
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage (just copy/paste the URL on a new line). You risk of not being in the contest if you do not post links to your songs.
5 - In case you're working with a cover (which is NOT encouraged...), include the original song title. You should pay tribute to the original artist by mentioning his/hers/theirs name in the descripton, if it doesn´t fit in the songtitle.
6 - For this contest, you may submit any number of tunes. However, if you submit pure crap/spam, your entries will be excluded.
7 - Please submit music using ONE account, or make clear that you're the same person. Do not breake any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending your mal-actions, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in the discussion thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrrelevant for the contest/spam, a BBS mod will clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk serving some time banned from the BBS.
8 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread BEFORE APRIL HAS ENDED! If you cannot post for some reason, PM or e-mail Rucklo and enter a valid reason why you can´t do it yourself, we will then make sure your contest entry gets included.
9 You are NOT ALLOWED to submit old pieces of music to this contest. All contests must have been submitted to the NG Audio Portal. later than the date and time this contest-thread was submitted.
10 - LOL! Or else. Yeaaaah, you know it's truuuu |..|, >:(
- The rules/guidelines might change slightly as the contest is running. Most likley nothing major, but stay tuned to the discussion thread just in case! The actual judging process will depend on the number of entries.