Be a Supporter!
KgZ
KgZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
VGM Communities Mar. 30th, 2010 @ 09:50 PM Reply

Hey guys, I've been searching everywhere but no luck. Do you guys know of any VGM communities to mingle about? And I'm referring to places that try to emphasize on original content, instead of just remixes.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to VGM Communities Mar. 30th, 2010 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 3/30/10 09:50 PM, KgZ wrote: Hey guys, I've been searching everywhere but no luck. Do you guys know of any VGM communities to mingle about? And I'm referring to places that try to emphasize on original content, instead of just remixes.

http://www.thasauce.net/

Lot of VG remixes, lot of orignial chiptune stuff too though. I guess have a dig around and see if its to your liking.

BBS Signature
Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGM Communities Mar. 30th, 2010 @ 10:36 PM Reply

www.ocremix.org

Its mostly for remixing video game music, but there is a section for originals to post in their forum. Not sure if that's what you are looking for. If you are looking specifically for original VGM I'm not sure of any sites just for VGM.

KgZ
KgZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGM Communities Mar. 30th, 2010 @ 10:42 PM Reply

If there somehow is a community that really focused on original content for videogame music that would awesome. Otherwise, I need to find someone who knows some html so I can start a website or something haha.

OCremix is alright, but again I feel like it's kind of overshadowed by remixes.

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGM Communities Mar. 31st, 2010 @ 12:29 AM Reply

At 3/30/10 10:42 PM, KgZ wrote: If there somehow is a community that really focused on original content for videogame music that would awesome. Otherwise, I need to find someone who knows some html so I can start a website or something haha.

OCremix is alright, but again I feel like it's kind of overshadowed by remixes.

Its hard to say though. Video game music is such a general term now n days. You can have almost any kind of music in a game so really the only reason for a VGM website/forum/community is to get jobs.

KgZ
KgZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to VGM Communities Mar. 31st, 2010 @ 12:39 AM Reply

Hmm, you think so? I feel like with most videogame music at least, theres a certain style or structure to it. Videogame music has more of a background, atmospheric sound that uses many algorithms such as Halo or it sticks with a traditional OST that you find prominently in Nintendo or Sega titles.