00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mario art.

2,516 Views | 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mario art. 2010-03-30 16:45:39

hey guys, just wanted to start a thread for Mario art since it didnt look like anybody else did.

anyways, heres a drawing i made while i was at a speech, got bored so i drew this :] its not the best but meh...i was at skewl!

Mario art.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 16:51:52

Now, there's nothing wrong with having a thread devoted to Mario fan art, but that's a really weak starting image. It's weaker than your spelling.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 16:53:46

At 3/30/10 04:51 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Now, there's nothing wrong with having a thread devoted to Mario fan art, but that's a really weak starting image. It's weaker than your spelling.

dude...creative criticism. and by the way, i was at school when i did this, no room for perfection. id appreciate it if you leave a useful comment instead of bashing my thread.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:00:14

At 3/30/10 04:53 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote:
At 3/30/10 04:51 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Now, there's nothing wrong with having a thread devoted to Mario fan art, but that's a really weak starting image. It's weaker than your spelling.
dude...creative criticism. and by the way, i was at school when i did this, no room for perfection. id appreciate it if you leave a useful comment instead of bashing my thread.

thats not how it works here, if you start a thread with a rushed notepad sketch, you can expect some bashing for it, typically threads are started with "good art" you want creative criticism, use references, spend more time on drawings and dont do them in class do them when you actually have enough time to make a respectable drawing

rant over

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:06:27

u know what -.- ill just close the thread.

god, so hard to have fun here.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:09:05

At 3/30/10 04:53 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote:

Funny.
80% percent of my portfolio was created while I was in class.

but I did go to an art school.... so may be that is a different case...

anyway Jonny is right, Start pic is a dud. your completely lacking anatomy of the character. The bone structure is warped. the eyes are off, the head is to big, the feet ate in two different perspectives, one leg is longer than the other...... I think that about covers it

constructive enough for you?

besides this could easily be done under the Video Game Character thread....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:12:38

christ i said the thread is closed! O.o ill post my good drawings later, its just a drawing i did real quick, get over it. ill post my structured version later, i have my drawing equipment anyway so shh!

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:15:24

At 3/30/10 05:12 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: christ i said the thread is closed! O.o ill post my good drawings later, its just a drawing i did real quick, get over it. ill post my structured version later, i have my drawing equipment anyway so shh!

so if you have better art then why did you choose to post what you did rather than what you could have?

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:20:43

At 3/30/10 05:12 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: christ i said the thread is closed!

what are you a mod now?

O.o ill post my good drawings later, its just a drawing i did real quick, get over it. ill post my structured version later, i have my drawing equipment anyway so shh!

woulda made more sense to post the good pic first, less chance of getting a lock, and less chance of getting ripped, its well known that later pictures are ignored, but the starter pic is always scrutinised, especially if its of that quality

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 17:30:18

Most peoples doodles are reflective of theur drawing ability, if you draw well, you tend to doodle well.

also, annoyance bump

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 18:21:46

At 3/30/10 05:30 PM, M-Vero wrote: Most peoples doodles are reflective of theur drawing ability, if you draw well, you tend to doodle well.
also, annoyance bump

thank you, atleast you know what i was aiming for, ill be posting my professional drawings later, so yeah, ill start a thread called "all yoshi all the time".

and for the rest of you...cmon man, i told you i made this during a speech so dont expect it to be godlike.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 18:36:56

At 3/30/10 06:21 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: i told you i made this during a speech so dont expect it to be godlike.

^
This....
this is why we keep going at you and your piece,
you made something that isn't up to par. you got called on it, yet you defend it with very poor excuses.
"I did it in class" is not the proper thing to say. you should have easily said "I'm sorry, it is not my best work. I will do better later" and forget about it. The Regs would have left it alone, and things would have moved on.

if this keeps going, I'm sure that this will be locked or deleted.

So Forget about it, Post some new and better work, and move on with our lives.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 18:40:45

ur in luck, im almost done with a better drawing, so hurray. we all get what we want.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:02:44

At 3/30/10 06:40 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: ur in luck, im almost done with a better drawing, so hurray. we all get what we want.

happy now?

Mario art.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:06:50

At 3/30/10 07:02 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: happy now?

not really, Although this is a very, and I cannot stress how very, little of a step up from the original picture, it is still not up to the standard you boasted about.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:10:09

theres no pleasing you people O.o hey, there are alot of people who cant draw this well, and honestly i think you just feel like overcoming the size of your tiny little penis by insulting somebody's work.

if you're so good go start ur own thread and stop being a dick. have fun trying.
now stfu.

and please people :] post your art! it would be nice.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:12:47

At 3/30/10 07:02 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: happy now?

Your art is okay but messy and there is nothing special or original about it to make it stand out. If your going to draw known characters try to take a new outlook on them and draw them in your own style rather then drawing them the same old way.

Hope this helps.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:15:09

well...you do have a point, i didnt clean up the lines cuz i just felt like posting it to get it over with, but not alot of people make their drawings stand out.

anyways, until i get blank paper i wont be doing anything extremely original, it doesnt have the same feel.

ill start a new thread when i have a handful of drawings. thanks for the...support?

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:18:00

At 3/30/10 07:10 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: theres no pleasing you people O.o hey, there are alot of people who cant draw this well, and honestly i think you just feel like overcoming the size of your tiny little penis by insulting somebody's work.

True you are better then a 5 year old monkey. Congratulations on that. It doesn't take much art skill to draw someone elses character. I tried to be nice and point you in the right direction to make it more original but if your going to insult my dick the fuck you good sir. Fuck you.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:19:07

yoshi rules
mvero sucks balls

Mario art.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:19:13

1. we all have personal threads you just have to look for them
2. dont start another thread, stick with this one, the new one will just get locked
3. your not good enough to have an ego, stop bigging yourself up your not good enough for that, and stop overhyping your drawings, i was really dissapointed after what you said about the second pic

4 dont be a douchebag to the other art regs, they know better than you, and what m-vero said wasnt a compliment, just so ya know

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:20:28

At 3/30/10 07:19 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote: yoshi rules
mvero sucks balls

Pigeon just saved this thread.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:21:34

-.- im done. 1 thread, thats all it takes.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:23:24

At 3/30/10 07:10 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: theres no pleasing you people O.o hey, there are alot of people who cant draw this well, and honestly i think you just feel like overcoming the size of your tiny little penis by insulting somebody's work.

if you're so good go start ur own thread and stop being a dick. have fun trying.
now stfu.

Not Too Intelligent are you?
now is it so hard for you to stop being a douche?

probably

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:27:41

in this pic ive highlighted the politics between the japanese gamer industry and the higher global powers

Mario art.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:28:13

Let's-A-Heil.

Mario art.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:28:28

At 3/30/10 07:21 PM, WeenerMcGee wrote: -.- im done. 1 thread, thats all it takes.

Actually, it only takes 1 post to prove you're a total moron.

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:30:06

At 3/30/10 07:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Actually, it only takes 1 post to prove you're a total moron.

Zing!

BBS Signature

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:33:26

while many wouldn't find this yoshi picture exactly "good" I would say I generally prefer it over what other may draw because the lines are almost completely consistently smooth, and a sight for sore eyes. Of the course the anatomy and some of the shapes these pleasing lines take are not making it look too good, but in certain small areas they work together nicely. Yoshi's right arm, is a part i favor especially for the evened out, and well done fingers on the hand. Some of the parts that bring the piece down are that the sides are not consistent in quality and form, the leg on the left seems longer and thinner than the one to the right. yoshi's eyes are different sizes, etc.

Overall the OPs pic could look very nice if he brushed up some of the inconsistent anatomy and make the frontal point of view look a little nicer.

fuck you im not looking for un-capitalized I's and beginnings of sentences an' shit

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Mario art. 2010-03-30 19:33:29

now stfu.

and please people :] post your art! it would be nice.

I think you're missing the point, we are an ART forum, while fun is great, if you come in like your art is the shit, say you have something awesome in store and than show up with more doodles, yeah, you're gonna get flamed.

Mario art.