Be a Supporter!
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:22:26 Reply

Ok, so i've been trying to gain weight for almost a year now, and i've not really made any progress.

I've had a sort of slim build for a while now because of the sports I do, but I want to put on some weight and bulk up a bit. But with muscle preferably. I have some muscle development just now, but nothing major.

Can anyone recommend a new approach to go about doing this? I've been eating more, especially protein and doing some weight training, but i'm not getting anywhere.

Anyways, any advice, ideas would much appreciated, i'll post a pic I took today so you can see what we've got too work with.

Gaining Weight

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature
PiconjoBaka
PiconjoBaka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:40:16 Reply

Hmm well you have a naturally thin build and smaller bone mass than most people so I'm not sure if you can ever be buff but you can be toned it would just take a ton of whey protein and dink a lot of milk or soymilk depending on your preference. I would lift the highest possible weight that you can, do not start out low or your muscle mass won't grow as much. Like for me I can lift 25lb dumbells easy, but 40lb are my limit so I lift 35 lb and do 20 reps per arm each day and I have pretty big biceps from it and have people want to touch them all the time lol. But yeah make sure to eat a balance diet with good Whey protein, soy protein is good too but it's more for lean muscle which is okay but it's not the same.

You could also take supplements as well but I am not really a huge pill fan and prefer to do things the natural way, sorry if I wasn't much help but I hope that you acheive your goal.

Gaining Weight

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:46:21 Reply

Yeah I know a guy. Just contact onilink19 and send him a link to this thread or just state your problem through the PM. I'm sure he can help you bulk up.

Here's a news post of his results of muscle weight gain, the goal you're going for.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:47:10 Reply

At 3/29/10 06:40 AM, PiconjoBaka wrote: Hmm well you have a naturally thin build and smaller bone mass than most people so I'm not sure if you can ever be buff

Seriously? A lot of my mates have been saying stuff like that (albeit much more sarcastically) but I never really listened.

but you can be toned it would just take a ton of whey protein and dink a lot of milk or soymilk depending on your preference. I would lift the highest possible weight that you can, do not start out low or your muscle mass won't grow as much.

I've been doing stuff like that with not much effect, but i'll try it out. Would that help to buff my chest a bit as well or just biceps?

Like for me I can lift 25lb dumbells easy, but 40lb are my limit so I lift 35 lb and do 20 reps per arm each day and I have pretty big biceps from it and have people want to touch them all the time lol. But yeah make sure to eat a balance diet with good Whey protein, soy protein is good too but it's more for lean muscle which is okay but it's not the same.

You could also take supplements as well but I am not really a huge pill fan and prefer to do things the natural way, sorry if I wasn't much help but I hope that you acheive your goal.

I think my diets okay, pretty balanced, I do occasionally have little binges of chocolate and other crap though.

BBS Signature
Rabid-Echidna
Rabid-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:47:14 Reply

Synthol injections.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature
CompleteDouche
CompleteDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:52:01 Reply

I'm naturally slim such as yourself, and I'm building muscle mass just fine now.
If you go to the gym, one day work on your lower body(Legs), the next the top(Torso,Arms,etc).
Now for the first 2 days you would do a speed workout, where instead of lifting your max, you would lift something 10-20 pounds lighter, at a faster rate.
For your arms, you would be doing curls, as well as lighter but faster lifting.
For each "machine" you work out on, do about 10-20 repetitions at a time.
Then for the Two days afterward, you would do heavy lifting.
So on your legs you would push yourself to finish those 15 reps.
On your arms you'd be benching, as well as doing Pull-ups/Dips.

You mustn't forget to rotate each body part each day, otherwise you'd be facing extreme soreness.
(Each of these workouts should be supplied with a Protein shake/Soy milk/etc)

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 06:56:50 Reply

At 3/29/10 06:46 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Yeah I know a guy. Just contact onilink19 and send him a link to this thread or just state your problem through the PM. I'm sure he can help you bulk up.

Here's a news post of his results of muscle weight gain, the goal you're going for.

Thanks for the links, much appreciated. I'll send a PM this evening.

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 07:00:48 Reply

At 3/29/10 06:52 AM, CompleteDouche wrote: I'm naturally slim such as yourself, and I'm building muscle mass just fine now.
If you go to the gym, one day work on your lower body(Legs), the next the top(Torso,Arms,etc).
Now for the first 2 days you would do a speed workout, where instead of lifting your max, you would lift something 10-20 pounds lighter, at a faster rate.
For your arms, you would be doing curls, as well as lighter but faster lifting.
For each "machine" you work out on, do about 10-20 repetitions at a time.
Then for the Two days afterward, you would do heavy lifting.
So on your legs you would push yourself to finish those 15 reps.
On your arms you'd be benching, as well as doing Pull-ups/Dips.

You mustn't forget to rotate each body part each day, otherwise you'd be facing extreme soreness.
(Each of these workouts should be supplied with a Protein shake/Soy milk/etc)

Awesome, thanks for sharing the routine. I'll have a look into this as well. Do you reckon if I did this there would be any chance i'd still be able to do sports regularly, i.e running/swimming every other day without a risk of injury?

BBS Signature
rifledark1
rifledark1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 07:05:05 Reply

Take supplements.

Eat. Lift. Eat. Lift.

#1 Penis worshipper. <3

Lemmiwinks91
Lemmiwinks91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 07:38:53 Reply

Here is a strange thought, aging. Your only 16 you are not through with puberty yet you will continue to grow for a few more years now, might be dramatically or subtly but keep doing what your doing i guess and in a couple of years you'll will be able to tell the difference if you compare.

I used to be skinny and small but now i'm bigger than most my mates. and not in a fat way.

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Gaining Weight 2010-03-29 08:17:03 Reply

At 3/29/10 07:05 AM, rifledark1 wrote: Take supplements.

Eat. Lift. Eat. Lift.

I've been doing that for a year : / which is kind of why I started this thread, need an alternative to that strategy.

BBS Signature