00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

adding colour to my drawing :(

642 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:12:45

So I drew a picture of jackie chan from the poster of drunken master. I drew it in pencil and I want to add colour to it. I know I can do it on my computer but I just dont know how to. If anyone would like to try to colour my picture that would be awesome XD

and if anyone knew how I could add colour that would be great too.

Heres my drawing

adding colour to my drawing :(

>>> Follow my Instagram: @the_imaginary_boy<<< Buy my MERCH

BBS Signature

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:26:14

That is one weird posture! Haha really weird thing you got goin on, you could try to use the magic wand, and take out all the white inside, than paint a layer underneath, but you might be better off re outlining it digitally.

Im not a photoshop pro, but theres my two cents.

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:34:36

At 3/27/10 02:26 PM, KamikazePanda wrote: That is one weird posture! Haha really weird thing you got goin on

Lol its a pose from drunken fist kung fu :P

you could try to use the magic wand, and take out all the white inside, than paint a layer underneath, but you might be better off re outlining it digitally.

I have no idea what that is, or how to do it, already googleing though :)

Im not a photoshop pro, but theres my two cents.

BBS Signature

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:37:15

You really gave him a gimped left leg.

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:40:29

At 3/27/10 02:12 PM, tatsumaru7 wrote: So I drew a picture of jackie chan from the poster of drunken master. I drew it in pencil and I want to add colour to it. I know I can do it on my computer but I just dont know how to. If anyone would like to try to colour my picture that would be awesome XD

and if anyone knew how I could add colour that would be great too.

Heres my drawing

the arm and leg are really wierd on that pic, easiest way to colour, set it as an overlay then colour underneath it, itll keep the outlines but you can colour it in, or set the colouring on top as overlay, theres loads of options on how to do it with your layer settings

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:47:41

Thanks guys, yea I can see how I kind of ruined the leg and arm. Is there any way I can fix it using photoshop? O_O

BBS Signature

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 14:51:49

Overlay!! I learn something new everyday. I knew there had to be some option like that.

Well if I were you I would just keep redrawing the pose until i got a outcome I liked before even scanning it, that way you arent photo-shopping everything instead. Than you can just color, like his arm seems tiny, and the leg seems to have no foot, but instead it has a cone to stab people.

Response to adding colour to my drawing :( 2010-03-27 17:19:51

Yea guess I shouldnt of rushed to get finished, the arm and leg just seem soo small. I will try and redo this picture.

BBS Signature