00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Posca's Playground :D

9,016 Views | 92 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 05:03:25

Hey
so i've been meaning to make my own art thread for sometime,
Mainly so people can tell me what im doing wrong, what's nice, and so on.
I wil be hugely greatful for any feedback :)
I'm starting off with this step by step thing to show my friends that it was me doing the work :)
Thanks
-charlie

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 05:04:55

This is the second of them, there is 5.
i was meaning to do two designs, an industrial flower, and a more, colourfull one, but i never got around to doing it.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 05:06:00

Third one, i added colour, and some of the plates.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 05:07:59

Fourth one :)

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 05:39:04

this one is the final, i never got round to doing anything in the background, but i may do somthing one day. I'll wait for someone else to post befor i post again.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 08:33:23

This is somting that im working on atm, its going to be marked and asessed at my school,
It needs alot of cleaning up, and colouring, and theres qutie a few blank spaces, but atm, im quite pleased.

The quote if you cant read it is;- "The secret to creativity is keeping the source hidden" - Albert Einstein, possibly my favourite quote ever said. i need help on my writing, and my handwriting is really untidy, and i dont want to use the Text tool.

be as harsh as you want, otherwise i dont learn.
Sorry for the quality, ill upload it as a PNG later, once ive added more.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 09:12:51

I like the idea of the industrial flower - its... new... something youve never seen before

As for your second piece, Im liking it, may i suggest adding nice, bright neon colors for a more trippin balls effect

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 09:30:15

At 3/21/10 09:12 AM, Snowman wrote: I like the idea of the industrial flower - its... new... something youve never seen before

Thanks man, I originaly posted it on facebook, as all my friends didn't believe that the drawings i posted on there were mine. :'(

As for your second piece, Im liking it, may i suggest adding nice, bright neon colors for a more trippin balls effect

I may swich around the colours, and play with them, I need more things to add into the space, but my mind has gone blank, so i can't really think streight. i may add some shapes, or some faces/eyes in, to make it look a little edgy.
thanks man for your comments :)
this picture is of the same sorta style, it took about 10 mins, and i was justing seeing how i came out.

Im sorta arguing weather i should add my stuff from the NDC colab i did.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 09:35:03

At 3/21/10 09:30 AM, Posca wrote: Thanks man, I originaly posted it on facebook, as all my friends didn't believe that the drawings i posted on there were mine. :'(

I really dont like the idea of posting my stuff on facebook, one reason cause people sometimes wont believe its mine, and then theres the risk that just about anyone who can see the drawing can steal it pretty easily, and then spread it around from there...

I may swich around the colours, and play with them, I need more things to add into the space, but my mind has gone blank, so i can't really think streight. i may add some shapes, or some faces/eyes in, to make it look a little edgy.

add a few awesome faces, maybe a few angry faics, silly stuff like that - or you could maybe try to go for sophisticated and draw some sort of face trying to bread off of the page and such (like hes pushing through and you can see creases and the basics of his face)

Im sorta arguing weather i should add my stuff from the NDC colab i did.

Do it, its yours to add anyways

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 09:36:07

These are my tankmen, I never got round to do what they were looking at...
Nor can i think of ideas, i tried many things, Like a Citidal, training camp, destroied city, statue, monster... but it just didn't look right.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 09:40:13

At 3/21/10 09:35 AM, Snowman wrote:
I really dont like the idea of posting my stuff on facebook, one reason cause people sometimes wont believe its mine, and then theres the risk that just about anyone who can see the drawing can steal it pretty easily, and then spread it around from there...

Yeah, i didn't think of it like that at the time O__o. The onyl reason i did it step by step was so people would believe me.. and i think it worked :3

add a few awesome faces, maybe a few angry faics, silly stuff like that

Mmm, good idea, as its Coursework/Homework i may try a sneek a little bit of NG stuff into it :D

This isn't the one that got accepted into the NDC -
this is

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 11:19:48

At 3/21/10 11:02 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
Neat Progression.

Thanks man, I quite enjoyed making it,
so you may see more from me like it :)
----------------------------------------
--------------
this is Obama i did for the NDC collab.
Its not finished.. Nor do i think i will finish it.

Also, im english.. so it kinda didn't make sence, me doing obama xD

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 12:56:54

huh posca has an art thread, well youv got a better start than most of the people who make an art thread, nice job, industrial flower looks good, i like how you showed the complete process

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 13:17:34

At 3/21/10 12:56 PM, Ashman wrote: huh posca has an art thread,

Oh yes, yes i do :)

well youv got a better start than most of the people who make an art thread, nice job,

why thank you, but i dont understand what you mean by "A better start".

industrial flower looks good, i like how you showed the complete process

Aha, yes, this is proberly my best beice,
thank you for dropping in :D
check again soon, i may upload more.
----------
Dragon for the NDC - not accepted - "too simple"

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 13:21:14

what i mean by a better start is that most people start off personal threads quite badly, you did it quite well with the series of quite good pictures, so well done

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 13:52:46

At 3/21/10 01:21 PM, Ashman wrote: what i mean by a better start is that most people start off personal threads quite badly, you did it quite well with the series of quite good pictures, so well done

Oh, i see. Thank you very much.. I will post more soon! :D
My art has never been called good, this makes me happy :)

thanks
-charlie

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 13:55:51

I want to see some of your Posca stuff.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 13:59:01

At 3/21/10 01:55 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: I want to see some of your Posca stuff.

Okay, Ill be posting some of them soon, i need my scanner, but i lent it to a friend for hisIT Art/design Coursework, i should have it back soon, but its up to him when he returns it.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 17:37:27

The best thing ive done in alchemy so far :)
<HQ>
(also seen in my alchemy thread)

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-21 22:19:58

Hey Posca

Really nice renditions especially the flowers at the start, such a change once color is added but its nice to see the process

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-22 12:04:36

At 3/21/10 10:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hey Posca

Hey! :D

Really nice renditions especially the flowers at the start, such a change once color is added but its nice to see the process

Thanks man, it changes so much, Im thinking of making more like it (Progress ones), i qutie enjoied it to be honest :)

check back soon :)
-charlie

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-22 14:15:29

At 3/21/10 05:37 PM, Posca wrote: The best thing ive done in alchemy so far :)
<HQ>
(also seen in my alchemy thread)

this i like, i know it was made in alchemy so its not completely you, but the colouring just makes it look so awesome

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-22 14:52:17

At 3/22/10 02:15 PM, Ashman wrote: this i like,

thank you :)

i know it was made in alchemy so its not completely you,

what do you mean, it was compleatly me.
but only symetrical?

but the colouring just makes it look so awesome

Thanks, I called it
"The Devil Of Trippy Land" xD

-charlie

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-22 16:04:51

i wish i was talented like you guys.

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-22 16:44:40

At 3/22/10 04:04 PM, Daverockz wrote: i wish i was talented like you guys.

I'm not even close to how good these guys are,
I just practice alot, and look at tutorials, and veiw other people work and try and work out how they do it, but its all about the practive..

Oneday you'll be the one who's getting the complements ;)
you should go check out other guys work/art threads. They are Pretty amazing.

-charlie

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-23 15:03:01

1/??

For the Superzero contest - SALLOTAPE MAN!

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-23 15:12:43

2/??

Yeaaaah,

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-23 15:14:15

3/??

His costume had quite alot of design floors,
Mainly that its Sallotape.. also that he can only see through one eye..

Silly superhero..

WEll atleast his can shoot Sallotape from his...
wait dont worry :3

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-23 15:18:30

At 3/22/10 02:52 PM, Posca wrote:
At 3/22/10 02:15 PM, Ashman wrote: i know it was made in alchemy so its not completely you,
what do you mean, it was compleatly me.
but only symetrical?

i havent really used alchemy yet so i dont know what its like, but i know its not completely hand drawn, theres some element of the program doing the work, thats what i meant by it, by no means was it an insult towards you

Response to Posca's Playground :D 2010-03-23 16:17:42

At 3/23/10 03:18 PM, Ashman wrote: i havent really used alchemy yet so i dont know what its like, but i know its not completely hand drawn, theres some element of the program doing the work, thats what i meant by it, by no means was it an insult towards you

Well, alchemy is aimed at the progression and veiwing how people creatre their work using a compleatly different environment.

there are about 10 different toold, and 5 different modes

The toold i used that Quite an odd one, wich is hard to discribe, but you like draw a shape from a fixed point.
the picture ive attached i only used one click for the whole creature, and another for the shadow.
I think the fixed point was at the top of the anteni,

I went down, and round to make like an egg shape, then i when inside the shape (still holding down) and went up and down, the made it sorta, remove what there was there, making it look like it had teeth.

I didn't mean for it to look like this from the begining, as i normally start with a random shape, and try to addapt it to how i want it to look, but i was quite pleased withmyself that i did it in one single click.

Also, no offecne was taken :)

Thanks for the comment
-charlie